Being both from Manchester and having both played in England, when I got the opportunity to talk to him and hear his story about how successful he’s been at Aberdeen, personally and on the pitch, it was a story that really inspired me to come and do the same thing.

Intrigued to hear what personal successes Shay's been telling him about.

Guest the shepherd

Pay more attention to what I actually say, look beyond the headlines

You'll like me

Fair enough min. I rely on my own judgement when basing an objective opinion, so have based my opinion on what you actually post. You certainly nae the worst on here.

Anyway, back on subject, Greg Leigh seems a win-win signing. He's playedion a very good top division and our recruiting from that country's league is not too shabby at all.

Where does this leave Andy? 2nd choice left back (presumably Leigh has been brought in as first choice initally), 3rd or 4th choice centre back? He was keeping Devlin out the side though and no idea if McInnes has brought Ash in to start games or as backup so maybe he is still 2nd choice centre back, I dunno.

Where does this leave Andy? 2nd choice left back (presumably Leigh has been brought in as first choice initally), 3rd or 4th choice centre back? He was keeping Devlin out the side though and no idea if McInnes has brought Ash in to start games or as backup so maybe he is still 2nd choice centre back, I dunno.

Looks like he's back up for both positions now. Unless McKenna goes

• Upvote 1

Expect him to make the same amount of appearances he did last season. 

The quality of the team should've outgrown Andy by now. It hasn't and it probably won't. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Edit - double post. 

Don't know anything about the lad but seems to have a bit of pedigree.

Delighted to start the season with a proper left back and although a loan an option to purchase sounds perfect.

Nae sure if 4 seasons in League One, then only getting a game for one third of a relegated Dutch teams fixture is much of a pedigree?

As you say though, at least appears to be a proper left back, and I will reserve any judgement on his ability and whether he will be any use for us until I see enough games from him.

From which point I will probably rate him somewhere from average to shite.

Joking. Of course.

Nae sure if 4 seasons in League One, then only getting a game for one third of a relegated Dutch teams fixture is much of a pedigree?

As you say though, at least appears to be a proper left back, and I will reserve any judgement on his ability and whether he will be any use for us until I see enough games from him.

From which point I will probably rate him somewhere from average to shite.

Joking. Of course.

Seems a fair assessment. If he can reach Logan levels that will be an acceptable signing.