Women's World Cup

I see Ian Maxwell was saying the the split arses manager was in contention for the Scotland job before they gave it to Clarke.

Fucking megalolz. What a load of shite he talks.

I'd like to think that when he says it came up 'in discussions' that someone mentioned her, then quickly said 'joking'.

Don't forget...She has also managed Stirling uni's football team right enough.

Or is she saying the men are thick?

Either way it's a lamentable thing to say and publish on BBC surely

If a man said that male coaches had to be more 'emotionally intelligent' than female coaches he'd be hounded out of his job by the media. The double standards are incredible. Fuckin sick of this feminist propoganda.

Commentator just said one of the burds in the Italy v Brazil game is the World Cups joint all-time top scorer with Miroslav Klose.

:laughing: 

No mention of Kev Duguid? He was fucking ace at World Cuppy in the summer holidays at the garages opposite my hoose.

Comparable standard I'd say. Mad junkie in his 20's and likely deid 20 years noo.

The part Where she says she has to work harder to gain respect at training courses whereas a man automatically commands it is a load of bollocks ana.

Men in football have to earn respect like anyone else, its not a given.

Exhibit A

C4vXyM2WAAALS1H.jpg

I don’t know how you can even bring yourself to watch it. I turned off after watching 5 minutes of the Scotland England game. Are we to be subjected to this garbage every 4 years from now on then?. Tell you what, put it on at the same time as the real World Cup, then you will get a true gauge of how popular it really is.

I don’t know how you can even bring yourself to watch it. I turned off after watching 5 minutes of the Scotland England game. Are we to be subjected to this garbage every 4 years from now on then?. Tell you what, put it on at the same time as the real World Cup, then you will get a true gauge of how popular it really is.

Haha, indeed

I'm not really watching, it's on in the background while I potter about. Also got it on my coupon, which is testament to how difficult it is to build an acca at this time of year, wouldn't normally go near a burds match.

On a serious note, the new rules for keepers on penalties make it damn near impossible to save.  Might as well just make it a free goal.

Referee in the wifies match was horrendous too...that's what you get when you let women referee football.

The keepers may need to stand behind the line to begin with.

As for the ref, the VAR incident took about 7 minutes and she played on for less than 2 minutes on the restart. Farcical.

Why would you stand behind the line?

To prevent any suggestion of being "over the line". Having to be stood statuesque exactly on the line is potentially worse than being behind it....but looks liek that isnt allowed anyway.

I don't think this is an issue with VAR as such by the way, but poor refereeing.

I've seen photos that certainly appear to suggest that there was at least some suggestion that the goalie had 1 foot stil on the line.

After a keeper makes a double save on a penalty, Any half decent ref. would givevthebkeeper the benefit of the doubt.

Having spent at least 10 minutes reviewing VAR on top of other stoppages, to only ad on 2 minutes or so is ludicrous.

And let's not forget the fact that Scotland were half way through a substitution when Argentina took their free kick.

VAR could work perfectly well but has to be used appropriately by competent officials, which doesnt bode well for the SPFL.