Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Not bizarre. Stating facts. Not slagging you at all. Don't be so paranoid. Good tune by Garbage that one. And stop twisting words. Compared to a decent amateur you were garbage I said. There's nothing decent about hacking it round playing off a handicap of 10. It's pretty indecent and ugly actually. You're using above average as a mark of decent. Most, like 99% of people who play golf are garbage at it. For reasons known.

No I don't play. I have done for more than half a century and I would take that bet any day of the week. But only if you made it worth my while. A month of whatever your wage is. 

Check out the big shot

1 hour ago, the shepherd said:

Singular, only one other moniker/poster concerned. He/she has your back and defends your honour day in, day out. How sweet?.

I've no idea who you're on about? Given I get stick from everyone, it's a bit bizarre to have a pop about someone not giving me stick. 

Im sure if you ask whoever you're talking about really nicely, he'll join in too... ?

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Think its safe to say Rocket would beat Parky in a scratch game. Parky not really knowing Rocket's background here. 

Haha probably. What's the background? Ex-pro? 

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

It's terminology. Definitions need to be made on what is good or decent.

I agree. I did just say I was decent compared to an average club player and garbage compared to professional. From the comments above by others, I'm guessing your vastly above an average club player, so I may very well be garbage in relation to you ?

Guest the shepherd
11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've no idea who you're on about? Given I get stick from everyone, it's a bit bizarre to have a pop about someone not giving me stick. 

Im sure if you ask whoever you're talking about really nicely, he'll join in too... ?

Haha probably. What's the background? Ex-pro? 

I agree. I did just say I was decent compared to an average club player and garbage compared to professional. From the comments above by others, I'm guessing your vastly above an average club player, so I may very well be garbage in relation to you ?

Being such a learned man, I am very surprised you have not identified who the poster I am referring to is. I think Mrs. Parklife may have some competition.

6 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I already said I don't play. Don't see the point. My main point was that you should not make silly bets against people you know nothing of, on a game you don't invest much time in. I did play, over six decades and even with a 2 handicap I wouldn't describe it as being good at golf when the best at every club I've been at were far superior than me, and they were far inferior to the best amateurs, only a very small fractional minority of which had even the slimmest chance of being decent enough at the game to get even close to touching their ambitions. Too many dreamers in golf. Lots of wankers too. As I said, metaphorical correlations with life. 

Haha fair play, Rocket. I'll cede to your superior skills and knowledge on this one. 

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

But a revealing exaggeration?

You've gone from the batterer to the batteree. When I first noticed you on this forum, you would slag gratuitously. Perhaps you have noticed that this type of strategy gets met in kind and having taken a few online kickings in the years since, you feel like everyone's against you?

I don't mind getting slagged, I wasn't complaining. I was merely pointing out the ridiculous nature of Shep having a pop at me about someone sticking up for me, when most folk do the polar opposite. 

Agree on focussing on the words. That's what I try to do, although I do at times stray to insults. We all have our flaws ? 

• Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Eh tried my hand at it for a year. I was either pleased with how I played or absolute shite .

i mentioned this to a guy I know who is really good and he said that my experience is just the same for every golfer , even the pros.

Tbats when I wrapped it. 

fuck that shit . 

I played my first round in a while the other week, was real struggle, my game was ok but my mask kept getting in the way.

eh git emails fae richer sounds n thir haein a sale the noo.. wis teeterin oan the brink o spleshin oot oan a set o bowers n wilkins flarestandrs.. needin heavy duty spikers fir meh acid synths n deep bass..pricey as fuck but ye goat tae tip yer hat tae richer..thir schedulin appointments fir cunts tae bring in thir cds n see wit set up suits thim best..ya cunt its liket a doctor surgery o audiofile priks