Scotland vs Israel & Czechs

1 minute ago, Mr Brightside said:

McKenna did alright, his distribution is an area he really needs to work on.
Andy Robertson is one of the best full backs in the world, but it turns out he struggles playing with Jack and Dykes as opposed to Liverpool's forward line and midfield.

Seen a few people on twitter saying he’s a donkey and absolute disgrace I suspected he was just scape goat as normal. 

McKenna was at fault for their goal along with Mcgregor. Other than that he was ok.

The back 3 worked reasonably well. But Robertson was fucking hopeless in midfield, and Ryhun was totally anonymous. Shoehorning Tierney and Robertson into the same side just didn't work and going forward, if Clarke wants to be taken seriously as an international manager, he has to make a decision now as to which one he wants to play and which one is a bench player. If he wants to stick with 3 at the back then Tierney gets the nod. If he wants a flat back 4 then Robertson plays left back and Tierney has to be a sub...he's just not physically dominant enough to play in a centre back pairing.

If he tries the same formation next month against Israel with them both in the team then I can't see us going through

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

McKenna was at fault for their goal along with Mcgregor. Other than that he was ok.

The back 3 worked reasonably well. But Robertson was fucking hopeless in midfield, and Ryhun was totally anonymous. Shoehorning Tierney and Robertson into the same side just didn't work and going forward, if Clarke wants to be taken seriously as an international manager, he has to make a decision now as to which one he wants to play and which one is a bench player. If he wants to stick with 3 at the back then Tierney gets the nod. If he wants a flat back 4 then Robertson plays left back and Tierney has to be a sub...he's just not physically dominant enough to play in a centre back pairing.

If he tries the same formation next month against Israel with them both in the team then I can't see us going through

Those two aren't the issue though. 

Having no decent right backs or strikers is a far bigger issue. 

Im normally pretty measured with my opinions on fitba so I realise this is out there.

Our MCcrorie at CH instead of Tierney would be decent in that Scotland 11 on current form.

Why the fuck Clarke thinks Tierney can play there is mental. I know he played there for arsenal for a couple games last season. How well did he do? Who where they playing? Who was he playing beside/against? How much pressure was he under? Etc ive no idea but hes not an international CH who is required to carry out conventional CH duties and also be comfortable on the ball.

Tierney utilising at CH in ten years time might work. Just now, he’s still a boy. LB totally different position to CH, especially in a mediocre side under pressure.   

In my view 3 players were crap and unsurprising ones I don’t rate. So start with the bad. 
forest very poor, Jack shit, McGinn don’t get the love in about him. 

Christie ( should be a dandie) mcgregor ( for being a tim) can’t fault him. Rest can’t fault them apart from being average 

Tierney in a back 3 is fine, however McTominay doesn't have the positional sense to play in a back 3...

That formation needs different personel...Jack side pass and slow no good and should never start for Scotland...you need players in midfield that can take on players in that formation and create....Christie is suited to it but no McGregor.

Not convinced by that formation for Scotland. 

Clarke playing players out of position is the biggest concern, Mctominay and Tierney were poor in a back 3 but one is a central midfielder and one is a left back both totally different positions.Not sure how Jack and McGregor get in the midfield when you have Players like Mclean and Armstrong on the bench and Mctominay at centre half. The rat continually played short backwards and sideways passes and he is very one paced. Shinnie and McCrorie and Ferguson are all much better options than the Rat. The persistence with Forrest is baffling also, I cant remember the last time he had a decent game for anyone

I think Clarke should borrow Dereks formation. 
Forrest has always disappointed for Scotland- and he is no wing back, could tierney not play on the right? 
Mctominay should be playing in midfield with mcginn. Armstrong with Christie In attacking midfield....And a forward- no idea who that is?

That does mean we need 2 other centre backs to play with McKenna, Cooper? McCrorie? They will probably recall mulgrew

Pointing the finger at Robertson and Tierney is missing the point.  I thought Tierney played fine and was one of the better performers. 

We attacked predominantly down their left side as that's where our better players are.  They dealt with it well. 

They attacked down our right side because its our weak spot.  McGinn was pushed right to strengthen that side and we missed his drive and influence in the middle. McGinn and McGregor should play in there, not Ryan Jack. 

James Forrest is not good enough to start for Scotland any more.  Our right side is the problem, not the left.