Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

It'll be interesting to see how many of the first team squad feature here.

A good opportunity for the likes of Forrester/Gleeson/May/Cosgrove/Wright/Ross/Ball/Wilson (if fit) to get game time.

Given that Ball has been getting plenty game time, he’s not needing a run out but it makes sense for the others.

Given that Ball has been getting plenty game time, he’s not needing a run out but it makes sense for the others.

Aye, fair enough. I'd not have Ball as a regular first team starter but he has had more minutes than expected (likely because Forrester and Gleeson have been average/shit).

No game for 2 weeks so anyone not involved in the Internationals could really play today.

OUT, 4-0.

Drew 1-1 with Belgium today.

Crisis

Firstly well done to Deano if he was back involved after his finger injury.

I’m asking a lot from one game I know but is that indicative that the current Belgum first team crop was just them getting lucky and their lower tiers are back to ‘business as usual’ (no offence meant of course), or, alternatively are we showing a wee bit of progress at that level?

Just looking for some light in a very long tunnel!

Here’s how the young Dons line up:

Craddock, Virtanen, McGregor, Roscoe, Mackenzie, Brown, Gleeson, Campbell ©, Seb Ross, Forrester and Anderson.

Now then!!

This will be interesting!  Great to see the likes of Gleeson and Forrester, given the opportunity to get 90 minutes under their belt.  Long overdue.  Or maybe the hidings we've taken this season have forced the clubs hand?

Is anyone attending today?  Will be interesting to see how they play!

I thought they might have had a couple of more first team squad involved.

To my knowledge this is first time they've ever (since the Development to Reserve rule change) included a 'first team player' in the squad. 

Quite a few have been calling for the fringe players to get a run... tough to transition into the first team, and make an instant impact, if you haven't been playing football.

To my knowledge this is first time they've ever (since the Development to Reserve rule change) included a 'first team player' in the squad. 

Quite a few have been calling for the fringe players to get a run... tough to transition into the first team, and make an instant impact, if you haven't been playing football.

All depends on what you see the purpose of the reserve team is, and who you classify as first team player.

All depends on what you see the purpose of the reserve team is, and who you classify as first team player.

There's two benefits for me.

1. To give your fringe players and those returning from injury game time to keep/get them match fit

2. To develop your young players and give them experience so they are ready to step up when required

Every "first team" player should be expected to play for the reserves if their personal situation calls for it.