League Cup 2019/20

People let their bias and hatred get in the way when it comes to the Huns. Make no mistake the team they have assembled for this level is excellent and they will be close to Celtic come the end of the season. We can’t even compete against them.

Perhaps but "The gulf is the biggest that I am remember" is bollocks min.

Gascoigne n Laudrup v Brian O Neil n Davie Rowson.

Perhaps but "The gulf is the biggest that I am remember" is bollocks min.

Gascoigne n Laudrup v Brian O Neil n Davie Rowson.

Agreed and despite the blip we have competed for the most part and not had many hidings.

Celtic had Larsson, Sutton, Hartson and Di Canio at one point while were fielding boys like Fergus Tiernan and Stephen Payne.

Guest the shepherd

Have we ever beaten them at Pittodrie?

Yes, a 2-1 last minute victory against them on a Sunday afternoon in 2016-17, Jonny Hayes and James Maddison with the goals. Beaten them three times at Ibrox and once at Hampden since their inception.

Guest the shepherd

People let their bias and hatred get in the way when it comes to the Huns. Make no mistake the team they have assembled for this level is excellent and they will be close to Celtic come the end of the season. We can’t even compete against them.

We don't let hatred and bias come in the way when it comes to that mob. An objective, non-prejudicial approach based on hard facts and evidence is used to form the basis of a bona fide judgement against the filth.

They'll go all in for the League Cup Final......Slippy knows he has to lift a trophy this season or it's the dunt. So I'd imagine we will face a side that is at least 50% comprised of non first choice players. They certainly won't risk Harvey picking up a red card.

But as others have said....their squad is enormous. Defoe picking up his pension is still good enough up here to terrify everyone including us. If we are are on top form we can beat them but anything less then we won't.

Milne you have got what you wanted...and what Scottish football needs apparently. 

Guest the shepherd

Ah fuck, how can I forget that one. Sat there thinking "This is going in" then BOOM. (tm - Millertime)

Aye, one of the best placed free-kicks you are ever likely to see. James Maddison could be brilliant on his day for Aberdeen or could disappear into hiding but there is no doubt that his time at Aberdeen worked out very well for him.

Guest the shepherd

So what’s the bets on a “Fernando final” and all the huns wearing Orange because Dutch (obvs).

That's a given. No bets being accepted.

Similar to this season then?

Mind being at celtic park some amount of years ago and Cadete made his debut. They had Thom and Van Hooijdonk at the time. We got hammered 5-0. There was a feeling that football in Scottish Football was changing and the gap between the old firm and the rest was going to get bigger and bigger now that celtic were being run properly.

That being said it was only 1999 onwards that we stopped competing. I remember a month period where we lost 5-1 at home to rangers, 7-0 at celtic park and then lost 6-0 at home to celtic. Fuck that was hard to take.

Surely we should be competing better though? Having a shot on target?

Depends on the gap in quality. It's no different to thinking back to primary school. Certain teams would stick 10 to 15 goals past other schools. It was no slight on the beaten sides. They were trying their guts out....just couldn't compete against sides with obviously better (and occasionally at that age bigger) players.

Right now Celtic and sevco are buying far better quality than we are. I don't like Mcinnes' tactics in general now....but I have to concede there is no guarantee that going out and "having a go" at the cheeks would prove any more successful. To the point where it might still result in 0 shots on target. 

• Downvote 1

Which is why its pretty daft then in hindsight to foam at the mouth when we get pumped off them I suppose

True. I think both of the big Glasgow two will dish out plenty of hidings this season both home and away.

I think people foamed at the mouth more at what looked like a lack of effort in both games against both of them this season. And the persistence of the manager continually using the same tactics against Celtic which clearly don't work.

Depends on the gap in quality. It's no different to thinking back to primary school. Certain teams would stick 10 to 15 goals past other schools. It was no slight on the beaten sides. They were trying their guts out....just couldn't compete against sides with obviously better (and occasionally at that age bigger) players.

Right now Celtic and sevco are buying far better quality than we are. I don't like Mcinnes' tactics in general now....but I have to concede there is no guarantee that going out and "having a go" at the cheeks would prove any more successful. To the point where it might still result in 0 shots on target.

Half agree but at primary school you had some left back with athsma and a donkey at centre half that was only there because he was the tallest boy on the school.

We’re talking professional paid athletes who should be to get in about for 90 minutes and hit on the break.

They are better than us but no excuse for not getting stuck in.

Agree with this. The only time we looked like winning was the cup final when we gave them zero time on the ball. We were totally fucked by the end of the game and they got the winner but it was a tactic that almost worked. Sitting off doesn’t.

This was the one and only time we actually had a go at them certainly in the last 4 seasons

Guest the shepherd

This was the one and only time we actually had a go at them certainly in the last 4 seasons

Bar the 4-3 defeat at home last season and when we beat them 1-0 at Parkhead last year.