1693 replies to this topic

#1681 OFFLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 11,214 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:40 AM

And hopefully this happens but genuinely believe and I've been saying for weeks the way to solve this problem would be to bring in 1 more player for either of these areas.

That way we have much more chance it stops being a problem and if we get an injury we don't end up back where we were before.

That's why I still maintain we failed to properly fix it when I know full well we have Chidi and he might be a solution IF everyone is fit and on form.

O'Connor isn't good at CM, McLean looks great now but was shaky earlier in the season, we have no other real options at LB it seems so it really feels like we are still 1 light there.

Of McInnes starts blooding Harvie then maybe we are sorted. We'll see.

That's a much more polite description than I'd use...

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#1682 OFFLINE   SupportmeansSUPPORT

SupportmeansSUPPORT

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Joined 09-August 08

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:07 PM

I see its being reported that Dundee are about to sign Steven Caulker. Now he has obviously had a lot of issues but I would not be opposed to giving the boy an opportunity to see if he can rediscover his form. If able to get him back to anywhere near his best he would be a class act and a level way above the likes of O'Connor.

Derek took in Jody Morris at St Johnstone when he was a bit of a mess with his drinking too but he did well and sorted himself out. Id be willing to give Caulker a contract for 6 months with an option to sign him longer if he does well.

https://www.thescott...gning-transfer/

#1683 OFFLINE   SupportmeansSUPPORT

SupportmeansSUPPORT

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Joined 09-August 08

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

I see its being reported that Dundee are about to sign Steven Caulker. Now he has obviously had a lot of issues but I would not be opposed to giving the boy an opportunity to see if he can rediscover his form. If able to get him back to anywhere near his best he would be a class act and a level way above the likes of O'Connor.

Derek took in Jody Morris at St Johnstone when he was a bit of a mess with his drinking too but he did well and sorted himself out. Id be willing to give Caulker a contract for 6 months with an option to sign him longer if he does well.

https://www.thescott...gning-transfer/

forget that........................  its too late now as he has actually just signed for Dundee

#1684 OFFLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:28 PM

Totally. Nae sure his is born yet.

Yes but stocking up on things for a child is an expensive business. Sometimes social life (including football) has to take a back seat if money is needed to be spent elsewhere!
COYR

#1685 OFFLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:31 PM

forget that........................  its too late now as he has actually just signed for Dundee

18 month deal. Could be a cracking signing for them. Awaiting the Huns being linked with him in summer.
COYR

#1686 OFFLINE   Andy_123

Andy_123

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Joined 24-July 14

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:17 PM

Aye if he can keep his head in the game he'll be a good signing for them.

Wouldn't have minded taking a punt on him. Bound to be better than all our CB's, even if he is playing drunk.

#1687 OFFLINE   SupportmeansSUPPORT

SupportmeansSUPPORT

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Joined 09-August 08

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

18 month deal. Could be a cracking signing for them. Awaiting the Huns being linked with him in summer.

yes, totally agree. Like I said earlier if you get his head right and playing anything near the level before his problems surfaced you have a defender who would be a class above most in Scotland.

#1688 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,725 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:38 AM

If he can get his personal life in order then that's a great signing for Dundee. Unfortunately I don't think Dundee is a particularly good place for a man with substance abuse problems to make a go of getting their life back on track.

#1689 OFFLINE   Doncomitant

Doncomitant

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Joined 16-December 17

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

Defenders of old used to be able to play at the highest level whilst still being drunk or hungover. I'm sure he thinks he will be able to cope at Dundee level. That is probably how McCann sold him on the move. Half time beers etc.

#1690 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,725 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

Defenders of old used to be able to play at the highest level whilst still being drunk or hungover. I'm sure he thinks he will be able to cope at Dundee level. That is probably how McCann sold him on the move. Half time beers etc.

There's likely a hint of truth in there. I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks he can play games up here half cut, such is the contempt the English hold our game in.

#1691 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

This is a classic case of the wee slimey bastard mccann, engaging full on grease dripping turd mode, 'let me help turn things around for you kid.' Sitting next to him on the seat turning into him, elbows on knees - leaned forward into him, like a disgusting letchy horrible cunt; foul breath, pinching at the nostril hairs of the disgraced alkie cockney prick. And the desperate bastards decides - for whatever fucked up reason, 'Sure, Ill drive on up.'

Mind boggling.

Posted by Dad on 02 August 2017 - 08:19 PM

The world outside Scotland makes me love the scottish game more and more. Good solid 10's of thousands transfer fees; no frills - good honest solid realism, with a squeeze of hate and a smidge of daring to dream.

The Dons are a joy to support.

#1692 ONLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,207 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

Why do you bother

#1693 OFFLINE   shut up meg

shut up meg

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts
  • Joined 14-August 16

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:14 PM

I holiday at Butlins

#1694 ONLINE   Millertime

Millertime