I thought Scotty Wright was great in that central role. Could've went down and drawn a dangerous foul then a penalty at different points but showed his honesty and stayed on his feet. If it is 0-0 second half and the same situation occurs next week, probably better going down Scotty.

I know it was St Mirren, but every pundit in Scotland was blowing smoke up their arses as being a team that would come up and do well - if Scotty Wright can repeat that kind of performance consistently then he is worthy of his place in the team and could really kick on this season.

The best thing is that we’ve now got a few young players that are pushing for regular starts and DM seems to trust them. Last season Scott Wright not getting to start until his attitude changed seems to have sent a clear message to the players coming through and you can tell from their interviews. Could end up being a great season if we can build some momentum

Great to get through & so convincingly but not going to get too carried away about an easy win over Alan Stubbs's St Mirren.

Dundee game was the more appropriate game to take any real info from. An established shite team in the league with a shite manager, rather than an un established shite team in the league with a questionable (at best) manager.

We humped St Mirren at home last season as well & when they were arguably a better side playing with more confidence, then we went on to shite the bed v Motherwell.

We still need to strengthen up front, I hope Mays goal will open the flood gates for him but not so confident given his form.

Seems we are very much starting to rely on GMS to spark the team, which is all well & good but he is very much a confidence player & as has shown in the past. He fails to turn up on occasion.

I'd say Scott Wright and Frank Ross showed they're capable of giving us a bit of spark too.

Incredible that someone could try and paint GMS playing brilliantly as a negative. :laughing:

That was a great performance, much better than the workman-like 1-0 I thought we'd grind out.

What great play and, on that form, Wright could be the difference for us. GMS brilliant again too.

Wright getting lots of "unselfish" praise for playing in May for his goal, but putting it on a plate for May also showed a very wise/mature aspect to his game, that he got someone on the score sheet who was struggling to even buy a goal before.

4-0 going on 10-0!

Many more days like that please!

GMS is finally starting to show his true potential and consistency that he's been lacking since his Dundee United days. Even then, he was struggling with consistency.

Wright was brilliant as well. As others have said, he is reminiscent of a 2014 Peter Pawlett, using his raw pace to burst through players and linking really well with May and Ross.

The more I see Gleeson, the more i'm liking him. He's pretty much the "Ryan Jack" replacement that we've missed for a few years, but without the hissing, shedding skin and hunnery. He's got a calming influence in the middle of the park, linking the defense with the midfield without having to lump it up the park as we've been doing.

May had a decent game again, he definitely needed that goal. He probably should have done better with a couple of his chances, but i'm hoping that the goal will help him regain goal scoring form. Despite his goal being a "tap in" he took it very well. Controlled the first time hit into the opposite top corner, giving the defender absolutely no chance.

The defense basically strolled it all game. Considine looking as comfortable as he'll ever look in a Dons top.

Ross looked good playing alongside Wright.

Solid performance. Shame we took our foot off the pedal in the second half, although i think the subs killed the tempo of the game.

• Upvote 2

Glad you've managed to find some negatives in what was a pretty clinical victory.

Unsurprising to see some people unhappy and complaining when we win 4-0 comprehensively. It never changes.

I'd say Scott Wright and Frank Ross showed they're capable of giving us a bit of spark too.

Incredible that someone could try and paint GMS playing brilliantly as a negative. :laughing:

Not being negative at all.

It was a brilliant win. I am just not going to get as overly carried away (like some are) with a very convincing win over such a shite side.

The dundee & Hun games were better games to judge on where we are as a team than a one off cup game v a really shite side.

Yous can twist it to sound like I am being overly critical/negative but I think I am being a little more realistic in terms of judging the quality in our side.

The bonus is that we have players to come back in but I am still worried we are very limited in the attacking side of the team. Especially on the occasions that GMS isn't 'on his game' which has been fairly common (actually more common than not) in his time with us.

Wright may have been decent v St Mirren but he's also not as dependable

I still think we need more players in basically.

Beasting a shite st Mirren doesn't change that for me is all I'm saying. Not if we are intent on improving this season & we will have to have improved from last season to just hold onto second place IMO let alone attempt a challenge on Celtic

As I say. See that as a negative all you like but guess that just means I am harder to please than some

Well it's about fucking time but it's a long season.? One game and your all looking like the chuckle brothers.

We can only work with the material we're given, lots of positives though Shoofta, even you have to agree there?

He is he loves all of you.

Lol, stay crazy Shoofta, we all (okay maybe not all) love you too ;)

Club statement

"Following on from the Compensation Tribunal’s award decision this afternoon the club are satisfied with the outcome having received a fair hearing. The details of the Tribunal and award are confidential and accordingly it is not our intention to make any further comment in relation to this matter."