#9091 OFFLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,910 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted Today, 10:26 AM

When all this is over people will look back and see us letting ourselves be separated from dying relatives, stopped from attending funerals, missing our kids births and think what a bunch of fucking idiots

I won't. Haven't experienced any of that during lockdown.

Mask wearing probably helped me in this case.

#9092 ONLINE   milne_afc

milne_afc

EDGELORD(nonce)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Joined 28-July 08

Posted Today, 10:32 AM

When all this is over people will look back and see us letting ourselves be separated from dying relatives, stopped from attending funerals, missing our kids births and think what a bunch of fucking idiots

I went to a funeral on week 5 or 6. Was fine to get out. A brother of the deceased never made the trip from Wales and is now suffering from massive guilt anxiety. I think he'll kill himself. Sad.

Edited by milne_afc, Today, 10:33 AM.

<p>

#9093 OFFLINE   manboobs109

manboobs109

Tiny cock, big heart

• Members
  • 14,173 posts
  • Joined 22-December 13

Posted Today, 10:34 AM

I won't. Haven't experienced any of that during lockdown.

Mask wearing probably helped me in this case.

You won't what?

#9094 ONLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Great as etc.., etc..,

• Members
  • 24,127 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted Today, 10:35 AM

If he does then as long as he does it safely by keeping himself the recommended distance from others then it'll be ok. @milne

Edited by Sooper-hanz, Today, 10:36 AM.

limericks etc..,

#9095 OFFLINE   Parklife

Parklife

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,033 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13

Posted Today, 10:36 AM

Yeah. We'll feel really dumb for trying to look after the vulnerable in society....

I think most folk will just look back and be angry that the folk in charge didn't give much of a fuck about those people.

#9096 ONLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Great as etc.., etc..,

• Members
  • 24,127 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted Today, 10:40 AM

Yeah. We'll feel really dumb for trying to look after the vulnerable in society....

I think most folk will just look back and be angry that the folk in charge didn't give much of a fuck about those people.

Sally will.

limericks etc..,

#9097 OFFLINE   Parklife

Parklife

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,033 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13

Posted Today, 10:48 AM

Sally will.

Haha.

#9098 OFFLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • 30,910 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted Today, 11:01 AM

You won't what?

Look back and think those things.

#9099 OFFLINE   Fridge

Fridge

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts
  • Joined 08-October 18

Posted Today, 11:29 AM

Sally will.

I think the song states categorically she won’t.

#9100 ONLINE   milne_afc

milne_afc

EDGELORD(nonce)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Joined 28-July 08

Posted Today, 11:24 AM

I think the song states categorically she won’t.

It doesn't.
She can merely wait.
<p>

#9101 OFFLINE   manboobs109

manboobs109

Tiny cock, big heart

• Members
  • 14,173 posts
  • Joined 22-December 13

Posted Today, 12:44 PM

Look back and think those things.

You get more boring by the minute

#9102 OFFLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • 30,910 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted Today, 12:46 PM

You get more boring by the minute

Haha.

You started it.

#9103 OFFLINE   manboobs109

manboobs109

Tiny cock, big heart

• Members
  • 14,173 posts
  • Joined 22-December 13

Posted Today, 12:46 PM

Dying people, grieving people and newborn babies and their parents aren't vulnerable?

The effect of those measures will have been miniscule is stopping the spread of Covid but may cause long lasting mental health problems Parkold. I thought you might have realised that.

#9104 OFFLINE   Parklife

Parklife

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,033 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13

Posted Today, 01:15 PM

Dying people, grieving people and newborn babies and their parents aren't vulnerable?

The effect of those measures will have been miniscule is stopping the spread of Covid but may cause long lasting mental health problems Parkold. I thought you might have realised that.

Well no one had to miss their kids birth, so we can strike that one from your list.

My ex's gran died in hospital 2 weeks ago (non-Covid) and my ex and her maw were allowed to be there, so we can strike that from the list.

And while funeral numbers were limited, an ex-colleague of mine died a couple of months ago and we went and lined the road towards the crematorium where the funeral was being held. We were there for his arrival and his family could see how many people cared for him. Not ideal, I'd agree but we were able to pay our respects and those who really mattered could attend fully.

While the above situations aren't perfect, I'm not quite following the "you'll all feel stupid" thought process, if I'm honest.

#9105 OFFLINE   manboobs109

manboobs109

Tiny cock, big heart

• Members
  • 14,173 posts
  • Joined 22-December 13

Posted Today, 01:23 PM

Well no one had to miss their kids birth, so we can strike that one from your list.

My ex's gran died in hospital 2 weeks ago (non-Covid) and my ex and her maw were allowed to be there, so we can strike that from the list.

And while funeral numbers were limited, an ex-colleague of mine died a couple of months ago and we went and lined the road towards the crematorium where the funeral was being held. We were there for his arrival and his family could see how many people cared for him. Not ideal, I'd agree but we were able to pay our respects and those who really mattered could attend fully.

While the above situations aren't perfect, I'm not quite following the "you'll all feel stupid" thought process, if I'm honest.

No one had to miss their kids birth? Are you sure?

No one was prevented from being at a dying relative's bedside? Again, are you sure?

You were prevented from attending your friends funeral but the state 'allowed' you to stand outside it? Can you not see how grim that is?

#9106 OFFLINE   Parklife

Parklife

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,033 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13

Posted Today, 01:29 PM

No one had to miss their kids birth? Are you sure?

I shouldn't have said "no one". I don't know that. I know it was not the norm though, as you appeared to be implying.

One of my best pals had a wee boy in mid-April and he was at the birth, cut the cord, all that stuff.

Once he was with his partner, he couldn't leave and come back and had to stay for the entirety. Not sure if that's a change from previous?

No one was prevented from being at a dying relative's bedside? Again, are you sure?

Again, I shouldn't have said "no one". I don't know that. I know it was not the norm though, as you appeared to be implying.

You were prevented from attending your friends funeral but the state 'allowed' you to stand outside it? Can you not see how grim that is?

It's not an ideal situation but I felt I was able to pay my respects and show his family he was cared for.

Edited by Parklife, Today, 01:31 PM.

#9107 ONLINE   Poodler

Poodler

Chairman

• Members
  • 22,338 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11

Posted Today, 01:37 PM

Visitors still aren't allowed in the hospital unless it's special circumstances.

My pals who work there say it's been the best few months ever in that regard.

I was in dobbies this morning. The mothership of tutters and head shakers for not observing distances: masks etc. There's no markings for a one way system but it's a one way system and the woman policing it is militant. Basically boko haram.

The exaggerated side step that's become normal is great.

I think Moobs is right, the lasting mental damage from this will be devastating to the weak minded/ willed.

#9108 OFFLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • 30,910 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted Today, 01:59 PM

Visitors still aren't allowed in the hospital unless it's special circumstances.

I was in dobbies this morning. The mothership of tutters and head shakers for not observing distances: masks etc. There's no markings for a one way system but it's a one way system and the woman policing it is militant. Basically boko haram.

The exaggerated side step that's become normal is great.

I think Moobs is right, the lasting mental damage from this will be devastating to the weak minded/ willed.

You should make some arrows and create an unexitable maze there.

Coffin dodgers trapped in Dobbie's for eternity.

#9109 OFFLINE   Grays Babylon 1875

Grays Babylon 1875

Director of Football

• Members
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined 27-May 16

Posted Today, 02:17 PM

Loved A Whiter Shade Of Pale.

Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war. 

#9110 ONLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,571 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted Today, 02:30 PM

I shouldn't have said "no one". I don't know that. I know it was not the norm though, as you appeared to be implying.

One of my best pals had a wee boy in mid-April and he was at the birth, cut the cord, all that stuff.

Once he was with his partner, he couldn't leave and come back and had to stay for the entirety. Not sure if that's a change from previous?

Again, I shouldn't have said "no one". I don't know that. I know it was not the norm though, as you appeared to be implying.
It's not an ideal situation but I felt I was able to pay my respects and show his family he was cared for.

Father's still not allowed at scans Parky. Pretty distressing stuff for the mother if they find out at their 12 week scan that they have miscarried and are on their own.

Acca 6 Original *****

#9111 OFFLINE   Parklife

Parklife

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,033 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13

Posted Today, 02:35 PM

Father's still not allowed at scans Parky. Pretty distressing stuff for the mother if they find out at their 12 week scan that they have miscarried and are on their own.

I'd agree. That's certainly one of the first things I'd bring back pretty sharpish.

I'm not saying everything is perfect. Was just disagreeing with Manboobs saying that fathers were being forced to miss their kids birth.

#9112 ONLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,571 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted Today, 02:37 PM

I'd agree. That's certainly one of the first things I'd bring back pretty sharpish.

I'm not saying everything is perfect. Was just disagreeing with Manboobs saying that fathers were being forced to miss their kids birth.

My wife's cousin had a baby in April. Her husband got sent home until right before the birth then got ushered out the door immediately after and wasn't allowed back in the hospital for the week that his wife and newborn were in neonatal. Is that acceptable?

Acca 6 Original *****

#9113 OFFLINE   Parklife

Parklife

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,033 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13

Posted Today, 02:47 PM

I said fathers weren't forced to miss the birth as manboobs claimed. That's it.

If you want to try and have a go at me for every decision made within the NHS, then I don't want to play.

#9114 ONLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,571 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted Today, 02:55 PM

I said fathers weren't forced to miss the birth as manboobs claimed. That's it.

If you want to try and have a go at me for every decision made within the NHS, then I don't want to play.

I'm not getting into that, but moobs was using a limited number of examples (not an exhaustive list) and you jumped on that to disprove what he was speaking about. The consensus remains the same for others that he didn't flag up. His point remains valid.

Acca 6 Original *****

#9115 ONLINE   Bad_Mobby

Bad_Mobby

Jon Bon Stovie

• Members
  • 26,821 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted Today, 03:04 PM

My wife's cousin had a baby in April. Her husband got sent home until right before the birth then got ushered out the door immediately after and wasn't allowed back in the hospital for the week that his wife and newborn were in neonatal. Is that acceptable?

Yes

Good excuse to have some much needed pints while she does all the hard work

TPFKATGLA 

#9116 OFFLINE   Parklife

Parklife

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,033 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13

Posted Today, 03:06 PM

I'm not getting into that, but moobs was using a limited number of examples (not an exhaustive list) and you jumped on that to disprove what he was speaking about. The consensus remains the same for others that he didn't flag up. His point remains valid.

So rather than what he actually says, I've to interpret that as meaning something else entirely? Come on. Be serious.

There's loads of decisions that will have been made by health boards/ governments that are probably over the top. I've no doubt about that. I wasn't arguing those were right or wrong.

I was pointing out that the examples HE CHOSE TO USE didn't appear to ring true based on what I know.

#9117 ONLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,571 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted Today, 03:13 PM

Well all I'm doing is pointing out some other examples. You chose to comment on moobs' points where you felt you could pick flaws with them. So what's your viewpoint on mine?

Acca 6 Original *****

#9118 ONLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,571 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted Today, 03:13 PM

Moobs is right though.

Lots of people died alone.
Lots of father's missed their child's birth (just because your mate was at his doesn't mean this didn't happen)
Lots of people missed funerals of friends or family members.

Acca 6 Original *****

#9119 ONLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Great as etc.., etc..,

• Members
  • 24,127 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted Today, 03:33 PM

Funerals are shite affairs. Fewer you have to go to the better . 

limericks etc..,

#9120 ONLINE   Bad_Mobby

Bad_Mobby

Jon Bon Stovie

• Members
  • 26,821 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted Today, 03:34 PM

Funerals are ace - always a good old pish up

Make the bloody most of it

TPFKATGLA