New Stadium Approved

13 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Just out of interest, who owns the massive piece of unused beachfront property a couple miles north of Pittodrie?

Is it part of Kings Links?

Not being used for anything, seemingly... is it viable land for a new stadium and sports complex?

Appears to be big enough. 

spacer.png

I've always thought of this is a logical site but seems to be overlooked. I know it's a nature reserve but surely there is plenty of land nearby for the resident rabbits and seagulls to go 

21 hours ago, Ramandu said:

:nutter:

If that were true it'd apply to all land everywhere. It's like saying there can't be a £10 note lying on the ground because someone would have picked it up by now.

It basically does? Developers buy up land and unused buildings all the time for potential future developments. 

24 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

It basically does? Developers buy up land and unused buildings all the time for potential future developments. 

That was my point. Seemed like you were saying that nobody will want to build houses at Kingsford because nobody has built houses at Kingsford yet.

I was saying if anyone wanted to they probably would have done so by now, and I can't see how half the site now being football pitches is going to make it a more attractive option for someone who has never wanted it before.

The club probably won't want a bunch of houses or flats overlooking the training base anyway.

my house overlooks the pitch at the barracks and i've watched them loads of times but don't worry you're not missing much in the way of tactical genius more like run up and down for a wee while to warm up then we'll have a bounce game with rolling subs to give the cherubs a wee rest, sometimes they put up those metal mannie things but as most of our crosses couldn't get over their heids didn't offer too much. 

41 minutes ago, eddiec said:

my house overlooks the pitch at the barracks and i've watched them loads of times but don't worry you're not missing much in the way of tactical genius more like run up and down for a wee while to warm up then we'll have a bounce game with rolling subs to give the cherubs a wee rest, sometimes they put up those metal mannie things but as most of our crosses couldn't get over their heids didn't offer too much. 

A few of the ex players have slagged the standard of training .

2 hours ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

I think there are trees planted around the perimeter of Cormack park. I suppose that's so it is (eventually) less exposed to the elements, and any houses built nearby wouldn't really be an issue I'm sure. Why would it be?

The trees were planted in Derek’s honour

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest milne_afc
7 hours ago, NEM said:

Also been against the Westhill white elephant from the start, no idea how many dildos received for expressing that view however ?

Dildos? I got a police caution.

Its ace watching the U-turning from the gEt It bUilDeD krew 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/3055168/john-lewis-building-and-bon-accord-centre-to-be-included-in-150m-city-rescue-masterplan-l/?fbclid=IwAR1Ta_HjWeTnq8URv9W4a-GntFnz5PDQnZQOUVhaifAVHt3uGlDDa9pmYUM

That’s the councils beachfront project being scaled back already, before its even started really. Surprise surprise.

I reckon the club can kiss goodbye to any meaningful contribution towards the stadium now.

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/3055168/john-lewis-building-and-bon-accord-centre-to-be-included-in-150m-city-rescue-masterplan-l/?fbclid=IwAR1Ta_HjWeTnq8URv9W4a-GntFnz5PDQnZQOUVhaifAVHt3uGlDDa9pmYUM

That’s the councils beachfront project being scaled back already, before its even started really. Surprise surprise.

I reckon the club can kiss goodbye to any meaningful contribution towards the stadium now.

How much would it cost to flatten the pair of eyesores?  Sell the land for housing.

No idea. John Lewis own their building don’t they? Even if everything was flattened something would have to go back in it’s place.

The city centre was a complete mess and in need of significant investment even before Covid, which has only made it worse.

Hopefully they abandon the rest of the beachfront project but help out with the old hotel site they put forward to the club. I reckon that’s the only help we’ll get from the council now. 

In the grand scale of things 150m is not a lot to build a new Leisure centre, update beach ballroom, decent wedge for stadium, John Lewis site and improving the city centre. Horrible feeling this will drag on for years and achieve nothing. If I was the club I would seriously be calling the councils bluff with kingsford in a effort for then to green light the beach quickly. Cormack did say he would love to be in new stadium in 5 years. Think that’s pretty optimistic unless they get this project moving 1 way or the other. 

12 minutes ago, slippers said:

In the grand scale of things 150m is not a lot to build a new Leisure centre, update beach ballroom, decent wedge for stadium, John Lewis site and improving the city centre. Horrible feeling this will drag on for years and achieve nothing. If I was the club I would seriously be calling the councils bluff with kingsford in a effort for then to green light the beach quickly. Cormack did say he would love to be in new stadium in 5 years. Think that’s pretty optimistic unless they get this project moving 1 way or the other. 

The Westhill white elephant isn't happening (thank fuck)  It's either new stadium at the beach or staying where we are

• Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Where does it say that they are scaling back on the beach plans and that there will be no stadium plans for Aberdeen?