Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Aberdeen 2 - 1 Livingston

Only a +1 gd is pretty damn poor given we have played a shite St Johnstone & Livi if truth be told.

can make all the excuses we like but we need to be taking advantage of shite like that.

Not that I think our gd is going to be relevant anyway with the two teams (Hibs & Utd (IMO) we will likely be competing with for 3rd/4th as they will be chasing goals whenever they can rather than ‘game management’ pish 

• Downvote 5

Kennedy (lost the ball far too often) and Hayes were really poor for the Livingston goal. 

Ojo did very very well when he came on - was probably our best player in the final phase of the match. Fair play to him. I was nervous when he came on. Got stuck in and passed the ball around well.

Wright took his goal very well but goal aside he needs to get more involved. Clearly a confidence player who needs reassurance.

Hedges has been a key player for us this past 4 days. Played much better the second half.

McGeough looked good on the ball. Made some key tackles and like Ojo passed the ball well.

I hope we can secure Watkins on a free if he continues these types of performances. He actually looked better then Cosgrove. Main out Watkins in at the end of the season.

Ash Taylor was my man of the match. McCrorie is a superstar. He is brilliant. He can dribble - he's like a midfielder but playing in defence. He's a level above the rest. Top top player.

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Wright was shite really so being subbed off wasn't the worst decision. 

Reckon Wright is a confidence player, would have been on a real high after scoring and had the chance to push on from there. We're going to be relying on him playing more often when the suspensions kick in, today was a chance to get him going for those games.

• Like 1

Nice too see us change the approach from the off in the second half.

Badly needed.

Tentatively encouraged by some of the play therein.

He just canna help himself tho, reverting to negativity when the game was there to be won convincingly.

Could easily have lost an equaliser at the death too. Sheer good fortune that we did not.

Thought Watkins showed up well.

Good harvest though from the last 3 days. Badly needed given the shite the club have been dragged through.

1 minute ago, muttonhumper said:

Nice too see us change the approach from the off in the second half.

Badly needed.

Tentatively encouraged by some of the play therein.

He just canna help himself tho, reverting to negativity when the game was there to be won convincingly.

Could easily have lost an equaliser at the death too. Sheer good fortune that we did not.

Thought Watkins showed up well.

Good harvest though from the last 3 days. Badly needed given the shite the club have been dragged through.

Aye, the substitution at 2-0 instantly handed the initiative to Livingston.

Wright had been pish up to then, but having just scored a good goal, surely given a confidence boost, so wait & see how it went for the next 5-10 minutes. 
Negative & so fucking predictable 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PondHopper said:

New striker brought in quick even during the covid crisis. Aberdeen also stole a legit prospect from rangers. The two Hs ( Hoban & Horseface) could fill in well if "carthorse" is sold. 3 more points today. Life is.... bearable lol

McKenna in fairness to him was arguably our best player in the first half. He was very dominant. 

Taylor, Mckenna and Hoban have looked really solid so far this season. Defensively we look strong. Hayes and Kennedy madness moment aside.

9 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Reckon Wright is a confidence player, would have been on a real high after scoring and had the chance to push on from there. We're going to be relying on him playing more often when the suspensions kick in, today was a chance to get him going for those games.

He had plenty time. Good goal but he was poor. 

2 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

McKenna in fairness to him was arguably our best player in the first half. He was very dominant. 

Taylor, Mckenna and Hoban have looked really solid so far this season. Defensively we look strong. Hayes and Kennedy madness moment aside.

Horseface played well too. No agrument there. I'm just assuming mckenna is gone with the first reasonable offer. I'd really like Ronald to get an opportunity at LB.

Hernandez LB, Ross RB, and the two ponies in the middle.

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, the substitution at 2-0 instantly handed the initiative to Livingston.

Wright had been pish up to then, but having just scored a good goal, surely given a confidence boost, so wait & see how it went for the next 5-10 minutes. 
Negative & so fucking predictable 

Wright scored in the 55th minute and was subbed after 61 minutes.  

As far as I can mind he did nothing of note in those 6 minutes or so.  Seems like McInnes was thinking along the same lines as yourself.

• Upvote 2