The Stand Up Comedy Thread

Smashed it. It was Terry Alderton who has been on live at the Apollo and was also in Eastenders. He was immense. His set was recorded for Radio 4.

He’s pretty good, also a nutcase during his show but seems a nice chap off stage. He picked on me one Festival and was standing on my chair. Then got me up on stage and hid me in his off stage room for a few minutes and I had to come back on stage making on that something had happened in the cupboard.......got free beer, win win

• 3 months later...

Went to see Frankie Boyle the other night. No bad but the cunt has gotten awfy preachy. Banging on about sexism and the patriarchy then joking about pedophilia and disabled people. Just fucking stick to the fucking jokes.

Exactly, he's fucking terrible. Combines being extremely offensive with being extremely politically correct. That's a bad combo.

He's not at all.

Both loud mouth Weejies that don't give a fuck, but Boyle played the fame game better, and is undoubtedly smarter. Sadowitz the better comic by some distance.

Boyle is a kinda surrealist Weejie Bill Hicks that is obsessed with paedophilia. His best laughs are on the telly when it gets through their filters and rocks you in your living room.

Sadowitz is the greatest. Apparently he's a genuine schizophrenic. Sean Hughes told me that.

No TV executives would touch Sadowitz with a bargepole when the snowflake society thing started to kick in about 20 years ago.

Boyle plays it safe as fuck and you're correct in saying he plays the fame game better.  (Tell me you're joking comparing him to Bill Hicks?)

Sadowitz is not a schizophrenic. That is fucking bollocks. The guy is about as sane as they come.  He refuses to play the fame game and is about as genuine as you can get. Try and find a video clip of him online. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Agreed. Cunt is funny as fuck.

I imagine he is actually dull as fuck in real life however.

Most comedians I know are either very hyper attention seekers or very quiet and keep to themselves until they get on the stage. Sometimes it can be difficult having a two conversation in the green room.