Sam Cosgrove

Course you can. We've got one with Bournemouth for Fraser.

Bournemouth took him early and negotiated something other than compensation. We may have done the same to get Sam early.

I just don't see it. According to their CEO quotes here, they wanted him out once the pre-contract was agreed as he was no longer committed. We could have waited a bit and paid pennies, I don't see us chucking sell on clauses around through these negotiations.

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/football/carlisle-united/16745077.carlisle-utd-striker-sam-cosgrove-leaves-for-aberdeen-in-40000-deal/

I just don't see it. According to their CEO quotes here, they wanted him out once the pre-contract was agreed as he was no longer committed. We could have waited a bit and paid pennies, I don't see us chucking sell on clauses around through these negotiations.

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/football/carlisle-united/16745077.carlisle-utd-striker-sam-cosgrove-leaves-for-aberdeen-in-40000-deal/

Some folk on here think we should have a sell on for McLean with Norwich! We can't have it both ways.

But yeah I'd be surprised if there's one in the Cosgrove deal.

Seen a few Carlisle fans on twitter saying they’ve got a sell on clause and could be as big as 45%

sounds very unlikely - his contract was due to expire in 5 months, so unlikely we would give them fee + sell on (development fee was due to be very little due to him only being there 7 months )

• 3 weeks later...

The BBC gossip page says that Lazio are looking at Cosgrove. Was a Daily Record link so didn't click on it but seems unlikely. Someone more paranoid than me might suggest a false link like this might have been made to unsettle the biggest goal threat from outside last season's top two.

"A source in Italy" says that they are in the market for a big striker and that they are looking at Cosgrove. Sounds legit.....

However £3million and he's all theirs. And when Lazio find out he's as popular in Rome as Haggis Bolognese, he can return on a free after 6 months to a hero's welcome.

I think he'll do well for a team that plays football to feet. He's definitely much better with the ball at his feet than having it fired at him, neck height, from 20 yards and expected to control it, bring it down and make a pass.

Aye, having a head like a 20p coin doesn't help

Cosgrove is a brilliant striker, two footed, genius vision, and his hold up play is second to none. His heading is deadly, his curled and chipped shots are only a small part of his armoury, and his anticipation for being in the right place at the right time is Ruud Gullit-esque. 

I'd be devastated if we lost Cosgrove to Lazio, but a couple of million quid would be hard to refuse. 

Call it 2.5 million. 

Call it 3. 

Cosgrove is a brilliant striker, two footed, genius vision, and his hold up play is second to none. His heading is deadly, his curled and chipped shots are only a small part of his armoury, and his anticipation for being in the right place at the right time is Ruud Gullit-esque.

Get the sarcasm.....and I agree to an extent.

However would you rather have a big lump doing fuck all but burying every time he gets a chance or a Darren Mackie trying like fuck with zero end product.

Get the sarcasm.....and I agree to an extent.

However would you rather have a big lump doing fuck all but burying every time he gets a chance or a Darren Mackie trying like fuck with zero end product.

I don't see it as an either or situation. 

The BBC gossip page says that Lazio are looking at Cosgrove. Was a Daily Record link so didn't click on it but seems unlikely. Someone more paranoid than me might suggest a false link like this might have been made to unsettle the biggest goal threat from outside last season's top two.

We aren't even remotely a threat to either of them. We are shite and won't lay a glove on either.

• Upvote 1