Ryan Edmondson

4 hours ago, starryfish said:

He won’t even have had time to go out for a beer with the rest of the lads 

?

3 hours ago, daytripping said:

Knew a week ago, it happens. Guess the loan is voided and we get someone else, no idea though. Chance for Bruce to redeem himself.

It was posted on here a few days ago... some said he'd sustained a bad injury in training.  Maybe it was yourself?  Quite a lot of information starting to leak out of the club these days... Del used to run a very tight ship.  Not so much anymore! 

17 minutes ago, super_al said:

Are any of our 8 pub superstars available for the Saint Johnstone game on the 20th (minus the two injured players of course)?

Good question.  Given that 2 weeks would have elapsed since the positive tests, I'd imagine they will all be eligible.  Unless there have been further positive follow-ups where the clock is reset..

Pity, as I was looking forward to watching a different first team.  Completely fed-up with McInnes and his band of merry men.  Squad needs freshened up as a minimum... complete overhaul (including management team) would be preferable.

• Upvote 2

To be fair from his own tweet it's fairly obvious he's injured. He was also seen leaving hospital with a foot brace on, may have been an elaborate plan of course.

Thought he showed potential in his brief appearance but onwards to the next disaster we go.

5 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

It was posted on here a few days ago... some said he'd sustained a bad injury in training.  Maybe it was yourself?  Quite a lot of information starting to leak out of the club these days... Del used to run a very tight ship.  Not so much anymore! 

Was thinking that too. A few people on Twitter mentioned it days ago. 

17 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Was thinking that too. A few people on Twitter mentioned it days ago. 

Devlins injury was leaked on the various Aberdeen messageboards almost immediately... was at least a week or so before it was confirmed by McInnes.

A number of recent signings and transfer activity has been leaked too... last 12 months or so, a lot more information making its way into the public domain before being formally announced by club.  McInnes never used to let anything get out...

4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Good question.  Given that 2 weeks would have elapsed since the positive tests, I'd imagine they will all be eligible.  Unless there have been further positive follow-ups where the clock is reset..

Pity, as I was looking forward to watching a different first team.  Completely fed-up with McInnes and his band of merry men.  Squad needs freshened up as a minimum... complete overhaul (including management team) would be preferable.

They can't train until the day before or something though. Won't be playing. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Will we get someone else?  Remember Hoban and Edmondson were extra players in the first place and we've still not moved anyone on. 

If another team's player gets injured while on loan to us would we not have to pick up some of the tab while he's out? 

We may get a replacement. However would imagine it will be closer to the end of the transfer window. Can’t see anyone coming up here in a hurry. Come the end of the window when all other options have been exhausted we might get Stevie May.

Just now, Dons21 said:

We may get a replacement. However would imagine it will be closer to the end of the transfer window. Can’t see anyone coming up here in a hurry. Come the end of the window when all other options have been exhausted we might get Stevie May.

I know.  Do you want to go to Aberdeen on loan? 

What that place where all the pubs are shut and is back in partial lockdown and the team aren't allowed to play any games for the foreseeable future? 

Sign me up. 

Just now, Lencarl said:

How do loan rules work ?

Take a player on loan then he gets injured during training.

Send him back to his club for them to fix up.

Cost Aberdeen nothing.

Move on to another loan.

If that's the case then I'd be pretty careful as a club where I was loaning my players out to. Zero liability for the club taking the player on loan?  I'm not sure I believe that. 

9 hours ago, daytripping said:

Did we have another over paid English player...sure North England waster on the bench when we played Arbroath in the cup at their place? It's not really a question as it did happen, me and my mates squared up to a few being held back scarfers over it, was behind the goal on the terrace. Not the cup game years before that when there was trouble. Think it might have been the day police took peoples phone batteries, fucking freezing and snowing anyway, was in a bar before game end. Maybe not Hignett, can't recall, overpaid prick though, I informed him.

Noel Whelan

He was sub at Arbroath 8th January 2005.

11 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Well the 6 who tested negative should be OK to play. 

But the word on the street is that  its Anderson and Mckenna who tested positive. 

No guarantees they will be clear of it by then - they might still have it next Thursday. 

The ones who tested negative need to quarantine longer. They are 14 days - the two positive are 10 days.