Posters That Are No More....

ElginDon

4 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Yeah the reissues have mostly all been shite quality.

Loads of the adi reissues, soaking them up late 90s/2000s, probably just a hangover from lusting after them as a kid and not being able to afford them. Really shite quality. Bought loads. Tobaccos, ZX, topangas, New York first reissues, i bought the lot and my bird at the time laughing saying wtf is wrong with you. Defo case of wanting these as a kid and its not until yir a working adult you can afford to buy them.

Gazelles still a classic but aye they dont look the same as they used to.

NB 1500’s for me thesedays. Saucony/diadora for a bit but back to new balance. Comfort and quality unrivalled imo. 

The latest ones out from Size (Trimm Star Lost London) are fucking horrendous. Glue everywhere, faded suede, colours completely mismatched etc. Complete piss take.

I've a few pairs of vintage trainers away ATM for refurb and re-glue of sole on pair of Czech made Handballs. Boy called Halo Sole on Facebook.

He's got some skills on him like.

23 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

1970's: 1970 - 1979

Noughties: 2000 - 2009 etc.

Had this discussion before. It was argued that there wasn't a year zero so 1-10 was the first decade... until the counters included that time, at least the measurement of it, was an artificial construct and that "years" and "decades" etc. were hardly at the top of the list of priorities back then. Y2K signalled the start of a new century. I reckon it started a new decade too but I understand that there are two ways to look at it. 

Haha I don't disagree with you at all. It's not something I've considered long enough to have a strong opinion on either. 

I Was just trying to do a bit of ridiculous pedantry on Boof, the king of ridiculous pedantry. 

9 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Well let this be a lesson to us all. The pedantic semantics and the clitoral literals are bottom feeders with nothing else to say.

It's an interesting one. There are two ways to look at it and I remember a discussion (that went on too long) about the start and end of decades, in the real world rather than virtual (on a forum). There were definitely situations where decades needed to end on 1970, 1990, 2020 etc. but they were bespoke to particular organisations or purposes (fucked if I mind) but the consensus was 2011-2020 and we were like, who gives a fuck having wasted too much energy on an issue only the pedant and the clitoris could get excited about. 

It's all based on something that didn't happen anyway.

Birth of Jesus. Get fucked with that pish.

How did they know what year it was before the "Birth of Christ" anyway?

56BC for example. Was 56 years away from the birth of Jesus. Were they all cutting about celebrating on the 31st December excited about 55BC?

Guest milne_afc
Just now, The Boofon said:

Hahaha.

It's true though. Basing the dates around fabricated stories of wizards in the sky and virgin births.

Isn’t everyone born a virgin?

• 2 months later...

VanderArk14 never came back. I liked him, but dont think he ever got over the referendum result.  He moved down to berkshire I think.

What happened to Red Star?  He was a good guy, based on what I knew of him (i.e. he was bald and liked doobie).

Remember thestooge from Aberdeen Mad?  Anyone seen or hear of him?  He was a nice guy.

• Dildo 2
1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

VanderArk14 never came back. I liked him, but dont think he ever got over the referendum result.  He moved down to berkshire I think.

He lived down south before the referendum. You're completely making things up to fit some weird narrative you've concocted in your warped mind

He still posts on another board i sometimes frequent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 3
1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

What happened to Red Star?  He was a good guy, based on what I knew of him (i.e. he was bald and liked doobie).

Remember thestooge from Aberdeen Mad?  Anyone seen or hear of him?  He was a nice guy.

Phoenix was his old man was he not?   Liked his tunes did Stooge iirc   Mind him from mad. Sent me tickets for free for something once. 

• Dildo 2