Property Letting Agents

Anybody use one/know a good one?

Just recently started to work away from home a lot and have a flat I rent out. Have always managed this on my own to avoid paying the fees to an agent but dropped the rent for the latest client to help a friend of a friend.

Now I am use to the lower rental figure I was thinking I could probably make the same amount after fees and allow a letting agent deal with any grief when I am away from Aberdeen.

Any recomendations considered

I can give you an opinion based on having worked for a few of them over the past few years. No idea about being a landlord though.

Stonehouse - Don't do much work for them out of choice. Come across as belligerent and inflexible. Probably Aberdeen's largest letting agent in terms of properties.

Northwood - generally good and have very few issues with them. They have a product in place which might suit you, Guaranteed Income. It's basically an insurance policy where you accept a reduced monthly rent but you're guaranteed that income whether the property is occupied or vacant.

Contempo - I don't work for them but I know the lassie who owns the franchise. Smaller outfit but ahe and her staff make a good effort at keeping landlords and tenants happy.

Hth. I imagine the market isn't especially buoyant though.