Scottish Premiership Season 2016/17 - 85 Point Target

• 4 weeks later...

Last go and I'm sure I haven't fucked up the maths again.

In 16/17 we were:

P Pts

30 61

31 64

32 64

33 67

34 67...

So wins v St johnstone, Motherwell and Hearts would indeed have us 2 points behind last season going into split. 65 points.

A first split game win would see us 1 point better off....not inconceivable and would be some achievement. Incidentally, we lost 2 and won 3 after the split last season.

In 16/17 we were:

P Pts

30 61

31 64

32 64

33 67

34 67...

So wins v St johnstone, Motherwell and Hearts would indeed have us 2 points behind last season going into split. 65 points.

A first split game win would see us 1 point better off....not inconceivable and would be some achievement. Incidentally, we lost 2 and won 3 after the split last season.

Just an absolute guess, but I have a hunch lost 2 won 3 is about as good as we've ever been post split?

I going to get a kick in the nuts for pouring cold water on this here stat positivity fest but our record against the top sides this season so far doesn't give me the feeling we will get 4 wins from the post split period.

We might. I'd love it if we do. I'll be hoping we can.

But... the Vulcan side of me thinks otherwise.

four wins on the bounce from here would see us finish second with a game or two to spare imo. Not likely based on our form this season but you never know (we know that fourth game would not be against celtic or sevco)

Really? I would have thought we'd need to win at least 6 out of the last 8.

Sevco play Motherwell and Dundee next.

They could easily win their next 3 games, which would leave them only a point behind in a scenario where we win the next 4 on the bounce.

Didnt know where to put this but herell do. Challenge cup is as pish as usual but fuck me Andrew Dallas is never a referee.

Clearest case of nepotism you're ever likely to see. If our refereeing fraternity were as honest as they say they are then he'd never be near the top level. And if they're dishonest OFF the park then .........

• 2 weeks later...

four wins on the bounce from here would see us finish second with a game or two to spare imo. Not likely based on our form this season but you never know (we know that fourth game would not be against celtic or sevco)

two wins so far out of four

In 16/17 we were:

P Pts

30 61

31 64

32 64

33 67

34 67...

2 points behind last year at the moment

2 points behind last year at the moment

Which is not bad considering the turnover last summer. I think the league is a bit stronger this year as well, certainly in the top half anyway. The obvious major disappointments have been the zero point return from games against Celtic and Rangers and the cup thrashing by Motherwell.