Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Ched Evans

All the mock outrage folk are just pissed off because he will probably earn a good living, and likely more than them, if he gets back into football. Were he to be in a low paid job they couldn't give a fuck. Someone on question time said last night he should maybe play for free. Its a nonsensical argument to suggest that society should inflict another punishment on him after he has been released. If he wants to play football in this country then fair play because he'll get dogs abuse every weekend.

• 1 month later...

Amazing the amount of people just assume being a footballer is a rock and roll lifestyle. Football is probably the only thing the guy is trained to do or any good at. If he was a plumber, you can bet that none of these nosy cunts would have batted an eyelid at who he got a job with, but because it's a "football club" that's a no no.

I'm not buying this "role model" pish that gets spouted at footballers, it's like blaming music for the school shootings in America, most "Normal" people know the difference between right and wrong, and the nutters that shoot up a school would have done so regardless of what music was available. Long story short, if he signs for a team kids aren't automatically going to think "you know what...rape is cool".

I couldnt give a flying fook about Ched Evans or Sheffield Utd, another storm in a tea-cup, hes free, served his time, was it not long ago some player that killed a kid when DD ended up back playing, Lee something? canna mind his name.

Lee Hughes I think it was. Oldham signed him upon his release from prison as well.

The thing for me with Ched Evans is he's guilty for raping someone, so why does he actually expect someone to take him on given the repercussions that will have for a club? Talk about rehabilitation into society all we want but no team is obligated to give him a second chance. If they do then fair enough, but it's still his fault that he's in this situation.

Lee Hughes I think it was. Oldham signed him upon his release from prison as well.

The thing for me with Ched Evans is he's guilty for raping someone, so why does he actually expect someone to take him on given the repercussions that will have for a club? Talk about rehabilitation into society all we want but no team is obligated to give him a second chance. If they do then fair enough, but it's still his fault that he's in this situation.

So rape is worse than murder?

I'll rephrase that...

So semi consensual sex is worse than taking someones life when pissed behind the wheel?

I'd say without a doubt it's worse. No one intends to kill someone when they get behind the wheel pished even though the consequences can be devastating. Raping a woman the intentions obviously there.

Look at these two scenarios.

Drunk guy takes drunk girl to hotel, drunk girl half way through says no.

Drunk guy gets into car, hits random passer by and snuffs them out.

One has been part of a drunken mistake and the other took control of a deadly weapon while hammered.

Personally I'd say taking someone's life while drunk is 100 times worse by hats not to say the other isn't utter diabolical as well but drunk driving is in my mind a much higher crime especially when someone dies because of someone else's stupidity b

It's a bloody minefield...glad I'm not out trying to get my hole any more. If you look at the description of events and the judges ruling it all gets a bit odd. Evans' mate picked her up from outside a kebab shop and took her back to his hotel and shagged her (not classy but not illegal and apparently consensualy as he wasn't convicted). Evans turns up and asks if he can have a shottie and she says "jump on" (I paraphrase) and that is apparently rape???? Again not classy, but he did ask and she did say yes (according to him, but her lack of ability to remember doesn't convince me that she didn't say yes). I'm starting to thonk the lad might have been given a shitey deal. Was the judge a Hull fan?

Id take him like...think theres been a grave miscarriage of justice. Based on this case, the majority of the male population of the UK would be locked up.

#justiceforched

I agree with this - the Ched Evans situation happens most weekends in Aberdeen, I'd suspect. In fact, from stories I've heard, it 100% does! "Double teaming" etc.

Chaps, if you're reading this - be careful when you're out and take a bird home, you could be skating on thin ice! (Particularly if Kenny McCaskill gets his way with changing the law on corroboration)...

In the case of Ched Evans, I believe she consented (I may be wrong here) but from the evidence I've seen, she agreed to it and they were all wasted. Didn't look good that the boy cheated on his Mrs. and they both fled the scene and slept elsewhere. If he stayed in that bed until morning, I suspect this would never had been an issue. Peer lassie woke up and had no idea what had happened the night before... key evidence!

Gordon Taylor has risked further controversy by appearing to compare the Ched Evans case with the Hillsborough tragedy.

After the convicted rapist's move to Oldham collapsed, the Professional Footballers' Association chief executive was asked about Evans's insistence that he is innocent.
"He wouldn't have been the first person to be found guilty, maintained their innocence and been proved right. We know what happened with Hillsborough," Taylor told BBC Sport.
"It's now unravelling and very different to how it was portrayed at the time - indeed by the police at the time."
Following a long campaign by families, new inquests are being held to investigate how 96 Liverpool fans died as a result of the Hillsborough stadium disaster on 15 April 1989.

Top trolling by Taylor, we all know how reasonable the Hillsborough lobby are.

So rape is worse than murder?

I'll rephrase that...

So semi consensual sex is worse than taking someones life when pissed behind the wheel?

Lee Hughes probably shouldn't have played again either. If it was me and I was getting paid to play the game I love then I wouldn't dream of putting myself in a situation that could jeopardise that, as both Hughes and Evans both did.

As for your question, they're both horrific crimes. What's the point in saying one is worse than the other?

Lee Hughes probably shouldn't have played again either. If it was me and I was getting paid to play the game I love then I wouldn't dream of putting myself in a situation that could jeopardise that, as both Hughes and Evans both did.

As for your question, they're both horrific crimes. What's the point in saying one is worse than the other?

Your last post indicated you thought Lee Hughes was fine, and drunk driving is OK. Ched's drunken sex with a drunk woman however isnt because its been classed as rape. If I've picked that up wrongly - my bad.

However I do think Ched is being hard done by from the accounts of the evening and has also served his time. Yes he's in the spotlight and yes he maybe should've shown some restraint but he is a young, red blooded male who was allegedly asked to climb on board by a drunken woman. Should that ruin his career prospects and earning potential for the rest of his life?

If it was any other profession no one would give a fuck but because he's a known name (TBH I'd never heard of him before this) he's being hounded out of his chosen profession by a lot of twats that only care about how they look on facebook, twitter and can shout about how they signed a petition to be seen as righteous and get plenty of likes and retwats.

Collymore slapped the fuck out of Ulrekakakaka and still has a career, plenty chart singers get fucked up on heroin and still get to fill stadiums, he's an easy target, no more.