Lee Mair Today

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Donforlife_*

Guest_Donforlife_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:51 PM

Having been at the game today I have to say that Lee Mair put on one of the best centre half displays I have seen from an Aberdeen player.

It was up their with Ando in everyway - almost better.

he won everything, tackled everything and twice made tackles to prevent a goal (the one on Nakamura was just sensational)

ive slagged him off in the past but today he was fantastic.

well done Mr Mair.

#2 OFFLINE   1903don

1903don

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined 06-February 08

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:58 PM

Having been at the game today I have to say that Lee Mair put on one of the best centre half displays I have seen from an Aberdeen player.

It was up their with Ando in everyway - almost better.

he won everything, tackled everything and twice made tackles to prevent a goal (the one on Nakamura was just sensational)

ive slagged him off in the past but today he was fantastic.

well done Mr Mair.

We conceded three goals?

#3 Guest_Donforlife_*

Guest_Donforlife_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:02 PM

We conceded three goals?

ok - describe to me the 3 goals the celtic scored and detail how lee mair was at fault for those goals????

you cant mate bcos you werent at the game and you havent seen it on the TV.

it really does show a complete lack of football intelligence to think that 1 of the 4 defenders couldnt have played well bcos we lost 3 goals.

especially as you didnt get off your arse to go to the game.

#4 OFFLINE   centraldon

centraldon

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Joined 07-January 08

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:08 PM

Agreed. Lee Mair was fantastic. Had a cracking last ditch tackle in the first. Was excellent throughout. Mulgrew was superb also. The entire team played well. Caught out (again) by individual mistakes and a missed sitter at the end.

#5 OFFLINE   H.H

H.H

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts
  • Joined 15-December 06

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:21 PM

Lee Mair is a centre half, not a right back, full stop end of discusion. Its not bloody rocket science that when hes played in his prefered and most comfortable position that he will perform better. Its just a shame that our master tactician doesnt share this simple philosophy.

Shame he cant figure out Foster is not a right or left back for that matter and Severin is not a central defender and is it too much to ask for that he realises Mackie is not a footballer??????

I have refered back to this a few times but I remember on Sunday afternoon (I must have been very bored!) I sat and watched a Dundee Utd Rangers game on sultana tv where Mair was the best player on that pitch by miles, he was superb and he also scored.

Glad too hear he played well today as I honestly thought he shouldnt have been dropped from the team after his displays against Ayr and St Mirren.
God , speed the day,When Calderwoods on his way,From his home in Aberdeen!

#6 OFFLINE   zig-a-zig-ah

zig-a-zig-ah

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts
  • Joined 21-November 06

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

Not a Mair fan at all, but he did very well today, and more than happy to eat some humble pie when proved wrong.

#7 OFFLINE   sheep_shagger

sheep_shagger

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Joined 17-January 06

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:37 PM

He should never have been dropped after St.Mirren, let alone dropped straight back to being 4th choice centre half!!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users