Aberdeen V Hamilton

Thought Shinnie and Ferguson were superb in the middle.

Ferguson, for such a young lad can fairly read a game and has a physical presence of somone older - a cracking player and will probably go onto better things come time.

Jambo Wilson didn't do much other than score, his movement wasn't the best but suspect we're just not utilising him properly.

Scotty Wright was trying, had a few good turns where he left defenders for dead and managed to switch the phase of play into an attacking one, no doubt about he has pace and drive but just needs to work on his final ball/execution and he could turn into a crackin no10. But his decision making when to release etc. is lacking a bit still.

Devlin/McKenna both solid as ever.

Lowe had a great game too and offers so much more going forward than consi - although there was one moment where the hamilton right winger/right back (not sure which one) was free for a one v one, but mckenna or lowe managed to get back and block for a corner but other than that a solid display in which felt more like a training game.

Think Ferguson has the potential to be a very Tattie Cooper-esque presence in the middle of the park. 

Strong, combative, and very good on the ball.  I really like the look of the guy. 

@@Oregon Red  We must have watched different games, because the May I was watching was constantly dropping to get the ball, screaming for the pass, and making sure he was in position to receive the ball. In the couple of times he was supplied with opportunities he did extremely well to control an overhit pass on his chest, though his actual shot from that chance was pish... but that was practically his first touch since coming on, so understandable... the second effort he powered between two defenders who were right on top of him, brought the ball under control, and still managed to force the save. 

The guy was desperate to get involved, and I don't think any more could have been expected of his effort. 

What puzzled the shit out of me was that he replaced GMS when we had Cosgrove on the bench. 

May is a finesse player, a guy who holds onto the ball and attempts to get past his man... we had a team full of guys doing that against a bunch of talentless hammer throwers who'd been pushing and tripping our players for the majority of the match. Cosgrove, on the other hand, is a battering ram who thrives on the physical side of the game.  I think he'd have been the far better substitution to deal with those feckless cunts.  This was epitomised in 83 minutes where May gathers and is immediately smashed in the back and flies about ten feet back up the pitch. 

Didn't really matter at that point, but seemed an odd substitution given the options. . 

• Upvote 2

Think Ferguson has the potential to be a very Tattie Cooper-esque presence in the middle of the park.

Strong, combative, and very good on the ball. I really like the look of the guy.

@@Oregon Red We must have watched different games, because the May I was watching was constantly dropping to get the ball, screaming for the pass, and making sure he was in position to receive the ball. In the couple of times he was supplied with opportunities he did extremely well to control an overhit pass on his chest, though his actual shot from that chance was pish... but that was practically his first touch since coming on, so understandable... the second effort he powered between two defenders who were right on top of him, brought the ball under control, and still managed to force the save.

The guy was desperate to get involved, and I don't think any more could have been expected of his effort.

What puzzled the shit out of me was that he replaced GMS when we had Cosgrove on the bench.

May is a finesse player, a guy who holds onto the ball and attempts to get past his man... we had a team full of guys doing that against a bunch of talentless hammer throwers who'd been pushing and tripping our players for the majority of the match. Cosgrove, on the other hand, is a battering ram who thrives on the physical side of the game. I think he'd have been the far better substitution to deal with those feckless cunts. This was epitomised in 83 minutes where May gathers and is immediately smashed in the back and flies about ten feet back up the pitch.

Didn't really matter at that point, but seemed an odd substitution given the options. .

May couldn't hold on to a cross if he was nailed to it and Cosgrove is about as physical as the Andrex puppy but ok.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

He gains ground quickly with his speed and isn't afraid to beat a man.

We've managed to help Michael Hector, Danny Ward, and James Maddison push on in recent seasons.

Hoping for the same with Lowe and (James) Wilson.

Max seems to be enjoying himself and has the Scottish League Cup Final to look forward to on December 2nd.

I think that he'd happily see out the season with us.

Derby fan here. Re Max Lowe

I can't see Max coming back before the end of the season unless we have a bit of a injury crisis in that position. He's doing well with you guys and getting first team football. At the moment he wouldn't get a start for us. Surely best to be getting games if he's happy you'd think. Glad he's doing well.

I am fairly sure the loan will be extended, I'm sure there was talk of that before.  I suppose it's a case of can Lowe survive a winter in Aberdeen.

I can't see Max coming back before the end of the season unless we have a bit of a injury crisis in that position. He's doing well with you guys and getting first team football. At the moment he wouldn't get a start for us. Surely best to be getting games if he's happy you'd think. Glad he's doing well.

Dons fan here. Re Max Lowe.

He’s not very good.

• Downvote 9

Martyn Waghorn?  lol

Great Result. Some hit by Wilson. Players seem to be gathering confidence. I'd stick with the same team for Killie. 

Lowe is a really good player - I hope he retains his place in the team now that Considine is back. Feel Wright is struggling a little in the attacking mid role. I'd consider switching McGinn and Wright around.