#4711 ONLINE   strachanmcgheegoal

strachanmcgheegoal

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,942 posts
  • Joined 29-September 11

Posted Today, 07:55 AM

Interesting description by hearts media. Greg Stewart - high profile summer signing. That's probably what we'd call him too as in we haven't quite worked out what else he is yet. Cometh the man, cometh the Celtic game though and when he sticks the clincher in the pokey I may well cometh.

Good result. I like the mentality that says fuck being 1-0 down. Let's be 3-1 up instead. How many "high profile summer signings" have we had that would have downed tools and thrown the toys especially in a reserves game.

#4712 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,995 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted Today, 09:56 AM

Interesting description by hearts media. Greg Stewart - high profile summer signing. That's probably what we'd call him too as in we haven't quite worked out what else he is yet. Cometh the man, cometh the Celtic game though and when he sticks the clincher in the pokey I may well cometh.

Good result. I like the mentality that says fuck being 1-0 down. Let's be 3-1 up instead. How many "high profile summer signings" have we had that would have downed tools and thrown the toys especially in a reserves game.

Del should be instilling pride in the senior players turning out for the development team putting in a winning performance.

Maybe a nice little forfeit for any senior player who plays in a development game if we don't win the game.

#4713 OFFLINE   GDON21

GDON21

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 27-September 16

Posted Today, 10:53 AM

Having watched the highlights I have to say Stewart looked impressive. He looked as if he was putting in a real shift and trying to impress and work on his game fitness. He was also involved in the celebrations with the younger lads for there goals and looked like he was being very professional in what was an important game for our under 20s. Hopefully a lot more to come from stewart as the season progresses but good to see he isn't in a huff going to the under 20s and getting some much needed game time.

#4714 OFFLINE   old sheep

old sheep

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 30-March 14

Posted Today, 11:22 AM

Think Stewart playing for the u20s is a clear sign that McInnes wants him to replace Christie for the Celtic game. Getting 90 minutes under his belt will hopefully give him a bit of sharpness

#4715 OFFLINE   Byrne Baby Byrne

Byrne Baby Byrne

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts
  • Joined 02-October 05

Posted Today, 11:39 AM

Having watched the highlights I have to say Stewart looked impressive. He looked as if he was putting in a real shift and trying to impress and work on his game fitness. He was also involved in the celebrations with the younger lads for there goals and looked like he was being very professional in what was an important game for our under 20s. Hopefully a lot more to come from stewart as the season progresses but good to see he isn't in a huff going to the under 20s and getting some much needed game time.

Some games I've seen he looks to have that real touch of class that you'd see on the Sportscene highlights when he was at Dundee.... but most games he has looked pretty terrible. Hopefully it works out. Based on what we've seen so far I'm amazed he was nominated for player of the season twice

#4716 OFFLINE   Daz the Don

Daz the Don

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Joined 07-February 16

Posted Today, 12:03 PM

Think Stewart playing for the u20s is a clear sign that McInnes wants him to replace Christie for the Celtic game. Getting 90 minutes under his belt will hopefully give him a bit of sharpness

Hopefully,  rather a direct replacement for Christie than moving Shinnie back into midfield.

With 3 clean sheets in a row the defense doesn't need tampered with.

4 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users