Sevco Thread

Killie at home to Rangers next game as well. Jones is clearly trying to work his ticket here to get transferred immediately.

Cuntish behaviour.

Clarke was assistant to the cuntmiester general...he’ll be well equipped to out cunt Jones...may the cunting comence...

Are we capable?

Looks like they're pulling away

Really? I very much doubt it tbh.

Two players I would take here and I very much doubt we will source better for less.

I think people have to face up to this for what it is, return of the duopoly.

McInnes has consistently sourced players capable of taking us to cup finals and challenging for 2nd place. For all the abuse he receives he's done well with his transfer dealing. We just made a profit of 250k for Stockley which should help towards signing replacements. Cosgrove who was signed for 20k has done more than Stockley for us, equalled Rooneys goal stats from last season already and was sourced from the Carlisle reserves.

They signed Jack under the same conditions as Jones from Killie. We've recently sourced Gleeson who is an improvement on Jack. Forrester is the only player we've signed recently where I have concerns and even thats been harsh considering his personal issues. We weren't even aware of Lowe and look how well he did. Same applies for Maddison, Ward, Hector and even Church! And if Wilson could bring some consistency to his game he could potentially be the best of the bunch.

Jordan Jones was actually benched a few weeks back by Clarke. His stats this season are 2 goals and 4 assists in 24 matches. Compare that to GMS. A player we signed for 150k. 6 goals and 2 assists in 19 matches - 2 of which were against EPL opposition. How about McLennan - 2 goals and 3 assists 12 matches. Greg Stewart is a player we should sign - 8 goals and 6 assists in 16 matches - much like Gleeson wasn't given a chance but was a very good when played.

Ferguson (who potentially may profit us a few million in the future) has been a fantastic signing - would much rather have him than Kamara. The Rangers have to spend a lot more on wages and transfer fees for the same calibre of player.

The only two players we haven't replaced in my opinion are Christie and McLean - hopefully McInnes is able to rectify that this window.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Guest milne_afc

There is no evidence that an overweight, 30-something, ex Ireland international who can't play beyond 60 mins is better than Ryan Jack, a regulator the Huns who for the first time in years are mounting a title challenge even after 20 or so extra Europa fixtures.

Jack is a wee dick but far superior at football to Fatlad Gleeson.

Stewart last season was in the same shape as Gleeson is now with us.......carrying a stone too much weight resulting in him being slow and unable to (effectively) complete a full 90 minutes. He realised that himself around last Xmas and definitely lost some of the extra beef and started to look quite useful.

However he has done a proper pre-season with Killie and got rid the rest of the weight and now is starring. He's also being used in the correct position which always helps too.

Gleeson when he joined up was obviously talented but also obviously badly out of condition. I don't think DM had any intention of bringing Ball back on loan this season but realised he had no option the minute he saw Gleeson on the training field and in the first couple of friendlies. since we have started to see a bit of Gleeson in the last few weeks I do think he has started to get a bit of his extra weight off too and so has looked much improved, so not going to write him off just yet. But saying he's an improvement on Jack?? Sorry Calgary but you need to step away from the obviously near empty Xmas sherry bottle