Holidays 2018

minijc

Maybe trying to reinvent himself.

He had a troubling time a couple of years ago and stopped posting as his material was substandard and came back fresh.

But now he's trying to be like the big kahuna and it's uncomfortable to watch.

His constant 730 related 'jokes' were indeed sad viewing.

Probably cost him Newcomer if the year.

The changing of his avatar was clearly a final, desperate move to improve his posting/standing on the forum, and attempt to find former glories. It's failed so far

• Upvote 1

was going to go all inclusive but not really sure what's best to do some people are saying go self catering but when you look at the prices all in is not that much more. Will look at Costa Adeje. Cheers

Lewd comment aside , I'd recommend Costa Adeje in Tenerife . Is it a hotel or apartments you're looking at ?

I've been to Tenerife on many occasions, and although I do like Adeje, I've tended to go for the more quiet area in the Golf Del Sur.

Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean View. Lovely place, and nice and chilled. It's not far to drive to Adeje for the day for shopping (or even a taxi).

Aparthotel Panoramica or Sunset Harbour are nice places to stay in that area if you do want to stay in Adeje.

If you do Alicante for cheap flight aspect, I recommend Xabia (Javea). You'll need to hire a car.

Which, if any, would be better for kids Roberto?

His constant 730 related 'jokes' were indeed sad viewing.

Probably cost him Newcomer if the year.

The changing of his avatar was clearly a final, desperate move to improve his posting/standing on the forum, and attempt to find former glories. It's failed so far

His previous avatar apparently referred to me aswell.

Aye, just the scale of it and how long it took to build and built by hand etc. Awe inspiring.

In a way its sad to think humanity will never build the like again, but that also underlines how special / unique such buildngs are.

It was built to hold the 'relics of the magi' (the 3 kings from the nativity story) which were originally held in constantinople, so had to be suitably grand.

Edit - after my romantic proposal down at the banks of the rhine, we were sitting on the east bank looking back into the city centre and it was then, moreso than up close, that the scale really hit me.

In a way its sad to think humanity will never build the like again, but that also underlines how special / unique such buildngs are.It was built to hold the 'relics of the magi' (the 3 kings from the nativity story) which were originally held in constantinople, so had to be suitably grand.

Lot of big grande medieval churches across northern continental Europe lads

If you only had time to visit one place in Berlin, where would you go? I've got one day there - more like half a day really - so not a lot of time to do anything. Would have liked to have arrived a day or two earlier but can't due to work.

The next day I'm heading to Budapest for the Scotland game. I usually don't bother with friendlies, but Budapest is one place I've wanted to visit for a while and with all the stadium chat about the Groupama Arena I'm keen to visit it, and it'll be the only Scotland game I go to this year as even the home ones don't interest me. Got two days there.

Flying back through Pisa, again only there for a day. Not arsed about seeing the leaning tower.

• Downvote 1

If you only had time to visit one place in Berlin, where would you go? I've got one day there - more like half a day really - so not a lot of time to do anything. Would have liked to have arrived a day or two earlier but can't due to work.

The next day I'm heading to Budapest for the Scotland game. I usually don't bother with friendlies, but Budapest is one place I've wanted to visit for a while and with all the stadium chat about the Groupama Arena I'm keen to visit it, and it'll be the only Scotland game I go to this year as even the home ones don't interest me. Got two days there.

Flying back through Pisa, again only there for a day. Not arsed about seeing the leaning tower.

Depends what you're in to?

Politics? If you can book a tour of the Bundestag then I'd recommend that.

Art? A wander down the east side gallery is great.

History? Topography of terror is a great history of the rise of facism in Germany. The DDR museum is a decent wander through life in the DDR.

Museums? Pick your faves on museum island.

The outdoors? Loads to see in the Tiergarten.

Beer Halle? I'll let someone else advise there.

There's always a boat cruise down the Spree if the weather is nice, which can be combined with (overpriced) beers.

Depends what you're in to?

Politics? If you can book a tour of the Bundestag then I'd recommend that.

Art? A wander down the east side gallery is great.

History? Topography of terror is a great history of the rise of facism in Germany. The DDR museum is a decent wander through life in the DDR.

Museums? Pick your faves on museum island.

The outdoors? Loads to see in the Tiergarten.

Beer Halle? I'll let someone else advise there.

There's always a boat cruise down the Spree if the weather is nice, which can be combined with (overpriced) beers.

I'd add in Bernauer Strasse where there is a bit of the wall with defence towers still in place or the DDR museum.

Other than that, there is plenty of cheap places to drink and chill out.

London this weekend for 3 nights. Got tickets for Spurs v Arsenal at Wembley.

Newcastle in April for 2 nights. Stagger.

Dublin in May for 3 nights. Got tickets for Ed Sheerin. Yay.

Algarve in August. Not booked yet, but thinking 10 nights in Vilamoura or suchlike.

London in October. Not booked yet, but will be down for one of the NFL games.

Germany in December for 2-3 nights. Not booked yet, wife seems keen on the idea. I don't need Germany suggested twice.

Or Krakow... want to do the touristy shit if go there however, whereas Barcelona would be boozing.

Nice, easy cheap city break that winna break the bank. Any advice?

Boozing costs a bit there, spent a fortune during my mates stagger but it was good, the flights from Abz to Poland get in at shit times I've noticed.

Been invited on to a stagger in July, not made my mind up yet as I've been to the location before.

Do a Walking Tour. Lasts a couple of hours and you get shown all historical sites.

Aye spied Malta but it was the flight times iirc that put us off. Sure it late out/early back.....basically losing 2 days. Maybe got that wrong and will look again cheers.

Actually found a cracking villa there for a week which would've been perfect as well.

Departs 18.45 and on way home departs 15.10.

You lose Day one but rarely do you get good flight times both ways.

Tommy's idea of a walking tour is good, (I really enjoyed the one I went on) but for one day I would recommend the Pergamon Museum.

Among other things, it has the Pergamon Altar, the Ishtar gate of Babylon and the Aleppo Room.

With this caliber of exhibit It is like no other museum I have ever visited and I was blown away both times I have been (it certainly kicks the arse right off Kelvingrove Art Gallery).

You could spent a good chunk of the day there and - if you had 1-2 hours left - fit in either a dawdle down Unter Den Linden to see the Brandenburg Tor, or stick your heid into the Berliner Dom and do the external walk around its dome (good views).

Still looking for a cheap week away myself. Direct from Abz ideally.

Alicante/Malaga areas being top choice for the cheap flights and relative short flight for the little one. Best places close by those airports?

Was at Torremolinos 2 years ago. was only 4 days and was May but weather was cracking. Wife was pregnant at the time so didn't advanture to far.