Livingston 2 - 1 Aberdeen

10 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That was under McGhee circa 2010.Why were you hanging about schools?

That game was unbelievable, we actually were lucky to get away with a 9-0 defeat, could have scored whenever they wanted. About the only game I’ve ever went to and been tempted to leave before the end.

And cry.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think we overrate some of our players.  Where is this real quality?  A handful of players maybe tops. 

And the balance of the squad is just bonkers in so many ways. 

Age,  pace, positional you name it. Fucking shambles of a recruitment after everyone saying how great it was that Glass would have a clean slate last summer with so many players' contracts ending. 

Goalkeeping looks a fairly obvious flaw. We've one right back and 3 left backs. 

Our midfield kills us, no pace in the middle of the park and all the players similar styles. 

And we've one striker. 

I don't think there's much any manager can do with such a flawed squad. 

Get rid of Ojo and Brown, sell Ferguson.

Bring in a good midfielder and keep Barron in the squad. Don't want to go down the usual route of signing other teams players when they've played well against us but Stephane Omeonga ran that midfield yesterday.  We could do with a similar player. Showed 10 times more than the much heralded McGrath ever did against us.

And obviously sign a fucking striker or 2 

8 minutes ago, RUL said:

Goalkeeping looks a fairly obvious flaw. We've one right back and 3 left backs. 

Our midfield kills us, no pace in the middle of the park and all the players similar styles. 

And we've one striker. 

I don't think there's much any manager can do with such a flawed squad. 

Wouldn't mind seeing McCrorie back in midfield, alongside McGeouch and Ferguson, think that would make a nice three.

• Upvote 3
28 minutes ago, minijc said:

Wouldn't mind seeing McCrorie back in midfield, alongside McGeouch and Ferguson, think that would make a nice three.

Would obviously mean putting Gallagher back in alongside Bates. Didn't go too well earlier in the season but there may have been mitigating circumstances for this (lack of physical fitness for Gallagher, lack of match fitness for Bates)

In view of the current shiteness of performances, it's probably worth a try though

3 hours ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Only 2 or 3 against Tim's? That would be decent.

Think Scottish cup ties are finished on day.

Here's to penalties then hopefully. 

Fuck me, do the fans really need put through that. 

Take note,  it will be 5-0 Celtic, and Motherwell will knock this useless duds out of the cup.    Then look forward to the so called relegation battle, only problem is the useless manager can’t manage and the team doesn’t know the meaning of battle. 

12 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Still zero creativity then

Not true, McGeouch is capable of making the right passes, in a 3 like that it would allow Ferguson to get involved further forward as we should have enough protection behind.

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Would obviously mean putting Gallagher back in alongside Bates. Didn't go too well earlier in the season but there may have been mitigating circumstances for this (lack of physical fitness for Gallagher, lack of match fitness for Bates)

In view of the current shiteness of performances, it's probably worth a try though

I don't think Gallagher is a terrible player, injuries have hampered him but a couple of games he started to look good then had a howling mistake in him.  My thinking is that in a 3, whether it's with Bates and Mackenzie or Bates and Brown it all offers each player an extra bit of protection, it also allows Ramsay a hell of a lot more protection too as well as letting him be more attacking. 

As a team we definitely play better with 3 at the back, saw it yesterday in the second half where we were much improved but unfortunately we'd already given Livi a 2 goal head start. 

5 minutes ago, minijc said:

Not true, McGeouch is capable of making the right passes, in a 3 like that it would allow Ferguson to get involved further forward as we should have enough protection behind.

I don't think Gallagher is a terrible player, injuries have hampered him but a couple of games he started to look good then had a howling mistake in him.  My thinking is that in a 3, whether it's with Bates and Mackenzie or Bates and Brown it all offers each player an extra bit of protection, it also allows Ramsay a hell of a lot more protection too as well as letting him be more attacking. 

As a team we definitely play better with 3 at the back, saw it yesterday in the second half where we were much improved but unfortunately we'd already given Livi a 2 goal head start. 

Gallagher played well for Scotland in a 3. Only 8 months ago he was being heralded as another captain being signed along with Brown. We’ve been terrible defensively all season but maybe less bad with a back 3?

We're pish because we have a pish useless manager who hasn't got a clue. 

Get him out. Only solution is to put Glass out of his misery and out the door. Sadly we've not even had the chairman's "dreaded vote of confidence" yet. Just a childish pathetic embarrassing rant on the radio months ago, since then conspicuous by his absence. 

Hopefully everyone stopping DNA and crowds of 7k may make him take notice.

Usually watch on Red TV however was able to get along yesterday to see the grim reality in the flesh.

My 8 yr old laddie, who has been at a handful of games could even see what was needed, as could my 13 yr old daughter. i.e. a ball into the acres of space behind Devlin for Armstrong or Hayes to exploit. 

It's the most glaringly obvious tactical change that even an 8 yr old who doesn't know much about football could see. No, instead we consistently recycle possession - it led me to wonder - wtaf for? Are the players paid performance bonuses for 'stats' 'possession' ' passes completed' etc. It's a possible explanation for the utter drivel on show.

This is a team void of confidence, no one playing with their head up and looking for a pass, as there are no tactics to support directing the players. 

Players scared to take a player on and create momentum from midfield to final third, easier option is to not 'make the error' and lose possession. 

Formation changes in attempt to generate any kind of recovery in the game felt tombola esque with no real direction, oh fuck it - let's try this..

Plus Livingston whenever they did get the ball and ran at us - we looked fucking shell shocked, players looking around at each other for who was supposed to take responsibility.

A lot of the above imo is down to how a team is set out, the mentality instilled in the team, roles defined for players, a plan A and plan B tactically on game day that can be adjusted vs. some random roll of the dice. And fundamentally that is the responsibility of the manager - end of.

As poor as an Aberdeen performance as I have seen for some time. Some serious decisions needed or this season will slowly proceed from bad to worse.

Reminded me of the Skovdahl quote - The operation was a success but the patient died. Except this is worse - the operation is not a success,  and the patient is at death's door.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, virtualmontana said:

Usually watch on Red TV however was able to get along yesterday to see the grim reality in the flesh.

My 8 yr old laddie, who has been at a handful of games could even see what was needed, as could my 13 yr old daughter. i.e. a ball into the acres of space behind Devlin for Armstrong or Hayes to exploit. 

It's the most glaringly obvious tactical change that even an 8 yr old who doesn't know much about football could see. No, instead we consistently recycle possession - it led me to wonder - wtaf for? Are the players paid performance bonuses for 'stats' 'possession' ' passes completed' etc. It's a possible explanation for the utter drivel on show.

This is a team void of confidence, no one playing with their head up and looking for a pass, as there are no tactics to support directing the players. 

Players scared to take a player on and create momentum from midfield to final third, easier option is to not 'make the error' and lose possession. 

Formation changes in attempt to generate any kind of recovery in the game felt tombola esque with no real direction, oh fuck it - let's try this..

Plus Livingston whenever they did get the ball and ran at us - we looked fucking shell shocked, players looking around at each other for who was supposed to take responsibility.

A lot of the above imo is down to how a team is set out, the mentality instilled in the team, roles defined for players, a plan A and plan B tactically on game day that can be adjusted vs. some random roll of the dice. And fundamentally that is the responsibility of the manager - end of.

As poor as an Aberdeen performance as I have seen for some time. Some serious decisions needed or this season will slowly proceed from bad to worse.

Reminded me of the Skovdahl quote - The operation was a success but the patient died. Except this is worse - the operation is not a success,  and the patient is at death's door.

Who?

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Yesterday was the first game this season where I could have made the game but thought  "Fuck that shit". The weather and the plastic pitch had a bit to do with it but it's bloody awful when the style of play and the sense of impending defeat puts you off entirely. Time for a change. 

There's been a few games this season I could've made but haven't bothered with. 

Ive got a season book that's been used once and next week will only be my second game of the season. 

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

?

Just trying to keep some positive vibez on the hat.

Unfortunately the Dons constant pish performances has eroded that from me now.

This season will not come good 

Reverse strategy may work, I was positive until we were 2-0 down yesterday and as soon as I said we're never scoring, Ramirez scored, good luck.