Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

Brass neck of them like. 

If you want the talent, pay the money. 

Hopefully he turns them down and goes on to be a roaring success elsewhere. 

If Turnbull scored 20 goals from midfield for Celtic, he'd be rewarded with a 10-20K contract surely? 

Likewise, if he had scored all his goals for Celtic last season, they'd demand at least 10,000,000. 

Turnbull outperformed most of Celtics midfielders in a lesser team, so I can understand why his agent might value him so highly.

He's a class player who I think will go on to do big things.

Brass neck of them like. 

If you want the talent, pay the money. 

Hopefully he turns them down and goes on to be a roaring success elsewhere. 

The player has turned down both Rangers and Celtic a few times over the years.  Apparently a very big Motherwell fan and felt he'd get a better chance of breaking into the first team, rather than either of the cheeks.... the talk for ages has been that the player wants to play in England.

Presume they've put that out to put pressure on him to sign. Seems counter productive, it's not going to endear him to the fans or the club to him.

He'll not sign now!  They wouldn't have released that ridiculous statement if there was any remaining chance!

IMO the statement was released, probably in haste, because Celtic are still feeling the heat from the John McGinn debacle.  I think they're trying to pre-empt the fan melt down that is going to follow!

Appreciate that we haven't signed a top drawer player yet this transfer window but Turnbull apparently telling Popcorn Teeth and co to poke it has fairly cheered me up for now, excellent news