Lewis Hamilton Stripped Of F1 Points

Lewis Hamilton has insisted he is not dishonest after being disqualified from the Australian Grand Prix for misleading race stewards.

The Englishman said sporting director Dave Ryan, who has been suspended after 35 years with McLaren, had instructed him to "withhold information".

"I'm not a liar or a dishonest person," said the 24-year-old on Friday.

World champion Hamilton also said the debacle was "definitely the worst thing I've experienced in my life".

He added: "I could not tell you how sorry I am for the embarrassment.

"I apologise to the race stewards for wasting their time and making them look silly."

Stevenage-born Hamilton - the youngest ever Formula 1 world champion - was on Thursday found by the sport's world governing body, the FIA, to have given stewards "deliberately misleading" evidence after Jarno Trulli was disqualified for passing him while the safety car was out in Melbourne.

Hamilton and McLaren were duly stripped of their podium finish and all points.

A post-race hearing had promoted Hamilton from fourth to third after Jarno Trulli was penalised for passing Hamilton while the safety car was out - but Trulli and Toyota were reinstated to third.

The fallout for McLaren has been significant, with senior official Ryan - who accompanied Hamilton to both hearings with race stewards on Sunday in Melbourne - sent home from practice in Malaysia on Friday.

Following his practice sessions in Sepang, Hamilton told a news conference that he regretted the whole affair.

"I just wanted to tell of what happened and I was misled," he said.

"I want to say sorry to all my fans. I am not a liar or a dishonest person, I am a team player. If the team ask me to do something, I generally do it.

"But I felt awkward and uncomfortable.

"This is not an easy thing to do, to step back and realise I was in the wrong. But I was in the wrong, I was misled."

A director of Mclaren , Who has been with them 35 years has been suspended because of Hamiltons "white lies"

You aren't often given an insight to Lewis Hamiltons personality, and we don't really have much idea what Hamilton is like as a person... but that was embarrassing, he was snivelling like a schoolgirl, on the verge of tears.

I wonder what his idiot father has to say on the matter? Defiant as usual, and shouting everyone down no doubt.

hard to know who to believe? Bernie ecclestone and Max mosley? A midget control freak who married a 6'4" transvestite, and a fascist nazi white supremist who partakes of being whipped by whores? Or McLaren, who according to aforementioned freaks, are also cheats and liars?

consider a few things. Ferrari scored ZERO points in the race. they are going to need a few races to get up to pace. Another favourite boy of the FIA, Barrichello, played bumper cars with half the field, a maniacal drive, thrashing into all and sundry, causing dangerous accidents.... not a word... silence from the FIA. What about the dodgy wing that gives 3 teams a second a lap over the rest of the field? Hamilton scored 6 points from the back of the grid, with a world class drive that stole the show from the Winner, a drive compared to the best produced by Senna or Schumacher. Then on a point of technicality, while the drivers are trundling round behind the safety car, on the last lap, another driver (trulli) f**ks up and drives onto the grass... and Lewis ends up being disqualified, on a point of technicality over what was said on the team radio??!?

Obviously Hamilton should come out and apologise for his role. Its hard for me to critisise him, racers will do these things in the heat of the moment. It appears he has told a porky, and should come clean. however examine the facts, and you will see Hamilton did not deserve this punishment. This is just Ferrari ball licking of the highest order. What about the FIA "rule" that a race now had to be announced 5 hours after the race. Definately. But not here it seems. What about the obscure ruling they used, which gives a blanket prevention of rights to appeal (which is why MCL are not appealing, as they cannot even be allowed to appeal, and why Toyota didnt bother appealing either). What kind of sport has this kind of control by individuals?

Lie, why he won his case against the news of the world.

Whats your point? They scored 1 last year at Melbourne and still won the constructors championship by a country mile.

He was happy to let the other driver get a 25 second penalty, why should he not be puinished?

Move on

Guest Donforlife
Lie, why he won his case against the news of the world.

Whats your point? They scored 1 last year at Melbourne and still won the constructors championship by a country mile.

He was happy to let the other driver get a 25 second penalty, why should he not be puinished?

Move on

just more Douchbag pish.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/7980602.stm

listen to the conversation between Hamilton and his pits.

It all sounds so amatuerish. He gets told to keep it together as if he is going to throw a strop!!

He is a lying snivelling prick and the blame is being pushed to someone who deserves so much more.

just more Douchbag pish.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/7980602.stm

listen to the conversation between Hamilton and his pits.

It all sounds so amatuerish. He gets told to keep it together as if he is going to throw a strop!!

He is a lying snivelling prick and the blame is being pushed to someone who deserves so much more.

hang on... is there where you spout some pish about your dumb blonde mate in high heels and a miniskirt got off the bus on the wrong side of Stevenage and got harrassed by some of those awful half caste kids who wander the estates selling drugs? and how all nig nogs should be sent home from "our" country? back to the colonies eh?