#1411 OFFLINE   PondHopper

PondHopper

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-September 18

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:49 AM

You were laughed at for suggesting players you have never seen or have any knowledge of, players being scouted by Arsenal, and players that would never get a work permit and so on. That is before you factor in possible home sickness, climate, brexit, whether a highly rated Ecuadorian youth would fancy playing in NE Scotland rather than Brazil or Argentina.

The kid in paraguay and the kid in ecuador should be able to get the permit according to what ive read. They are on their respective national teams. Ive seen the paraguyan on a rather large tv once. The cb from ecuador I suggested scouting not signing. I have not seen him, but a teenager aberdeen could afford and likely get a permit for ought to be worth looking at.

Ive seen plenty of Auston Trusty. He's got U20 experience only. Maybe a permit isn't in the cards, so my bad. And the Tico I suggested I have seen and he has lots of NT experience.

I can respect someone saying hey that permit isnt happening or AFC just doesn't roll that way. But what you said about me is just factually incorrect and puts you in a class with clowns like Trump that just make crap up.
<p>Vamos Cruz Azul, Aberdeen F.C., Millionarios F.C., Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C., Liverpool F.C., Sporting KC & Utah Jazz.

#1412 OFFLINE   PondHopper

PondHopper

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-September 18

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:55 AM

Also Alimani Gory got his first action for Mali. Super underated guy who can play all over. Sign me up on the bandwagon. He can help at striker and also could allow mcginn to slide in. Can they at least make it to france...
<p>Vamos Cruz Azul, Aberdeen F.C., Millionarios F.C., Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C., Liverpool F.C., Sporting KC & Utah Jazz.

#1413 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:46 AM

PondHopper, it's quite interesting hearing you talk about this player and that but the sad reality is Afc just don't look at such exotic talents.

We barely seem to risk signing a single player from the EU never mind North or South American players who would need work permits.

I wish we did, and agree there will be some cracking players out there.

But while the club throws it's nets in such a short arc this chat is a bit wasted- it's more a reminder of exactly what we won't do than anything else. It's even quite depressing.

I think that's why you won't get very positive responses from posters- it all just seems pure fantasy to talk about these sort of targets.

Ps- isn't all this stuff off topic for this thread. Maybe it's time to start a thread for your foreign scouting adventures, and put this stuff in the context of what I assume you'd LIKE the club to be doing rather than what you believe they will do?

#1414 OFFLINE   alscotoz

alscotoz

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts
  • Joined 05-August 11

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:40 AM

PondHopper, it's quite interesting hearing you talk about this player and that but the sad reality is Afc just don't look at such exotic talents.

We barely seem to risk signing a single player from the EU never mind North or South American players who would need work permits.

I wish we did, and agree there will be some cracking players out there.

But while the club throws it's nets in such a short arc this chat is a bit wasted- it's more a reminder of exactly what we won't do than anything else. It's even quite depressing.

I think that's why you won't get very positive responses from posters- it all just seems pure fantasy to talk about these sort of targets.

Ps- isn't all this stuff off topic for this thread. Maybe it's time to start a thread for your foreign scouting adventures, and put this stuff in the context of what I assume you'd LIKE the club to be doing rather than what you believe they will do?

Good point. You could make the same point for Australian players. The player who was just loaned by Man City to Celtic (young guy, name escapes me) will do well in Scotland if given a chance and would cost next to nothing. However, given the transferring club are owned by Man City, it kinda makes things tough.There are a lot of young guys here with potential..visa rules etc make them difficult to export.

Aberdeen's capacity to 'scout' or even pay token fees appears severely restricted. We've cut our cloth accordingly.

Never argue with an I D I O T . They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#1415 OFFLINE   G31DON

G31DON

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  • Joined 02-February 14

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:06 AM

The kid in paraguay and the kid in ecuador should be able to get the permit according to what ive read. They are on their respective national teams. Ive seen the paraguyan on a rather large tv once. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: The cb from ecuador I suggested scouting not signing. I have not seen him, but a teenager aberdeen could afford and likely get a permit for ought to be worth looking at.

Ive seen plenty of Auston Trusty. He's got U20 experience only. Maybe a permit isn't in the cards, so my bad. And the Tico I suggested I have seen and he has lots of NT experience.

I can respect someone saying hey that permit isnt happening or AFC just doesn't roll that way. But what you said about me is just factually incorrect and puts you in a class with clowns like Trump that just make crap up.

"Richard Sanchez is in many ways the ideal talent for Aberdeen. He's a Midfielder (22 years old) .... Arsenal has been scouting him. "

"Granted I know nothing about him"

£11 million Man City Brazil player refused work permit, Ecuador player you suggested has 2 friendly call ups, 0 caps.

"https://www.theguard...anchester-city"

From Phillie Union site: "Trusty has made 32 regular-season appearances (32 starts out of a possible 32) at centerback, totaling one goal and one assist ... he is the only player on the Union to play every minute of every regular-season match"  Earns $109,000 for 3rd placed Union so not exactly peanuts for a team like Aberdeen.

Johan Venegas wages $217,000

Which bits are factually incorrect you fucking redneck, 6 team supporting, douche-bag commie blowhard?

#1416 OFFLINE   dave_min

dave_min

Director of Football

• Members
  • 13,949 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:20 AM

Which bits are factually incorrect you fucking redneck, 6 team supporting, douche-bag commie blowhard?

Fantastic posting, keep up the good work

------
2013 Best Newcomer

2014 Best Newcomer

small_gold_star.pngsmall_gold_star.png

Awww Dave, you're super. :-)

#1417 OFFLINE   PondHopper

PondHopper

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-September 18

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:15 PM

"Richard Sanchez is in many ways the ideal talent for Aberdeen. He's a Midfielder (22 years old) .... Arsenal has been scouting him. "

"Granted I know nothing about him"

£11 million Man City Brazil player refused work permit, Ecuador player you suggested has 2 friendly call ups, 0 caps.
"https://www.theguard...anchester-city"

From Phillie Union site: "Trusty has made 32 regular-season appearances (32 starts out of a possible 32) at centerback, totaling one goal and one assist ... he is the only player on the Union to play every minute of every regular-season match"  Earns $109,000 for 3rd placed Union so not exactly peanuts for a team like Aberdeen.

Johan Venegas wages $217,000

I watch way more than 6 teams and more than one sport. Admitting I know nothing about these players is honest. I dont scout and evaluate them. I'm not a professional and it is not my career.

Aberdeen can probably offer more than a little club in costa rica as johan jimmy butlered his way out of minnesota.

I'm just not claiming to be an expert on things I dont focus on professionally. I just am self aware and know what i dont know. But that comes with having success, money, traveling the world, and seeing a lot of things.

Generally it's negative insult driven posts like yours that say an awful lot about you... and only you.

#1418 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 15,910 posts
  • Joined 16-January 06

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:36 PM

Can't decide between rumpus and 360. 

The googling random players in North and Central America makes me lean towards 360.

#1419 OFFLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 11,735 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:22 PM

Can't decide between rumpus and 360. 

The googling random players in North and Central America makes me lean towards 360.

I was thinking the same... time line would fit too.  It's been about 4 weeks since his last attempt - they're getting more and more sophisticated each time.  Probably frustrated at being rumbled... i must admit though, the Millertime smokescreen tactic, last time around, was good! 

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#1420 OFFLINE   PondHopper

PondHopper

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-September 18

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:56 PM

The Tico was in MLS so I could just watch him on fox sports. I can't believe I would be the only person that notices national team roster additions.

It's pretty entertaining though that this debate is still going.

#1421 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,937 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:15 PM

How come you can't just let 360 come back?

A terrific cunt he most certainly is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dads Weekly Treble - Season 2018-19 Tracker
Won: 1
Lost: 11 (2 Guest)
Amount Spent: £60.00
Amount Won: £55.55

The First Official Dads Weekly Treble Winning Treble

DWT121018 (Portsmouth, Exeter City, MK Dons)

DRS5 as always people - frustration at the amount won, is better than the heartache at the amount lost.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1422 ONLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • 10,216 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

What did @360 even do? Was still a better poster than some of the fucking roasters that are still allowed to spout their pish on here.

#1423 OFFLINE   PondHopper

PondHopper

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-September 18

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:46 PM

I will say to be on topic that if McKenna sells then aberdeen defintely ought to be able to pay in the trusty salary range... permit aside. I'm hoping swansea city comes back into the picture this winter so there is that bidding war.

#1424 OFFLINE   RUL

RUL

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,754 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:38 PM

I watch way more than 6 teams and more than one sport. Admitting I know nothing about these players is honest. I dont scout and evaluate them. I'm not a professional and it is not my career.

Aberdeen can probably offer more than a little club in costa rica as johan jimmy butlered his way out of minnesota.

I'm just not claiming to be an expert on things I dont focus on professionally. I just am self aware and know what i dont know. But that comes with having success, money, traveling the world, and seeing a lot of things.

Generally it's negative insult driven posts like yours that say an awful lot about you... and only you.

Genius.

#1425 OFFLINE   PondHopper

PondHopper

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-September 18

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:56 PM

Good point. You could make the same point for Australian players. The player who was just loaned by Man City to Celtic (young guy, name escapes me) will do well in Scotland if given a chance and would cost next to nothing. However, given the transferring club are owned by Man City, it kinda makes things tough.There are a lot of young guys here with potential..visa rules etc make them difficult to export.

Aberdeen's capacity to 'scout' or even pay token fees appears severely restricted. We've cut our cloth accordingly.

Arzani was about out of contract. He could have stayed put for a few more months and came over on a free where some team could have skipped the transfer and paid him good. Another kid skipped from sporting kc to sign with man city. He's on loan and not even sure he's a regular there. He did have a nice spell at porto b though. I guess my point is aberdeen is a great launching point for a career. If you take em on loan like lowe you develop them but never get that transfer fee to help the club. No risk no reward. One thing Aberdeen has is minutes to give along with a lot of exposure.

#1426 OFFLINE   PondHopper

PondHopper

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-September 18

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:00 PM

Genius.

Socrates according to Plato

#1427 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 10,465 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:02 PM

Can this be taken to the proper thread now? None of it has fuck all to do with McKenna really?

#1428 ONLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 30,733 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:48 PM

I was thinking the same... time line would fit too. It's been about 4 weeks since his last attempt - they're getting more and more sophisticated each time. Probably frustrated at being rumbled... i must admit though, the Millertime smokescreen tactic, last time around, was good!

Haha what's this?

#1429 OFFLINE   The Cockney Don

The Cockney Don

Yiddo & a Don

• Members
  • 11,244 posts
  • Joined 31-October 13

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:19 PM

Can this be taken to the proper thread now? None of it has fuck all to do with McKenna really?

This is the original and pwopa Scott McKenna thread  :checkit: http://www.afc-chat....ic=41202&page=1

#1430 OFFLINE   pocrawred

pocrawred

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined 10-May 15

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:21 PM

Well thats McKenna startin the next scotland game.

#1431 ONLINE   mcdougall(4)

mcdougall(4)

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,168 posts
  • Joined 07-February 17

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:48 PM

Wolves in for him now apparently

Wolverhampton Wanderers are the latest team to be credited with an interest in Aberdeen defender Scott McKenna.

The 21-year-old centre half has been tipped for big things; his impressive performances at the heart of the Dons defence have certainly caught the attention of numerous clubs in England.

#1432 ONLINE   Poodler

Poodler

Director of Football

• Members
  • 12,244 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:30 PM

Wolverhampton is a truly dire place

#1433 OFFLINE   dave_min

dave_min

Director of Football

• Members
  • 13,949 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:53 PM

Wolverhampton is a truly dire place

He’s my favourite marvel superhero

------
2013 Best Newcomer

2014 Best Newcomer

small_gold_star.pngsmall_gold_star.png

Awww Dave, you're super. :-)

#1434 OFFLINE   G31DON

G31DON

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  • Joined 02-February 14

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:41 PM

If McKenna can get Jorge Mendes as his agent, we'd better get a sell on clause. Could be worth a fortune.

#1435 OFFLINE   Scotty_Toronto

Scotty_Toronto

Cults Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Joined 12-February 14

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:50 PM

He’s my favourite marvel superhero

Canadian

#1436 ONLINE   Mr John

Mr John

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Joined 21-July 13

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:14 AM

I thought he was Australian? Like David Bowie.

Either way, he's great at RB for us.

"mostly"

#1437 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,979 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:29 AM

I thought he was Australian? Like David Bowie.
Either way, he's great at RB for us.

That was well played
I've moved to California

#1438 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,000 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted Yesterday, 02:42 PM

Wolves could quite easily splash the cash in January for McKenna, especially if they are still going well in the league.
The added interest from the likes of Norwich, Swansea, Villa etc. is all going to help boost a wee bidding war in our favour.
Wolves would be a great move for him & us. Hopefully a decent sell on claus as well.

In other news. Mourinho is after a central defender to with rumoured links to/for Napoli's Koulibaly & also Fiorentina's £40m rated 21 year old Milenkovic.

City considering a bid of £40m for Bournemouth's 23 year old defender Ake

So looks like there could be a few high money defenders moving around in January & we might see Bournemouth added to the list of McKenna chasers. Which would be another decent club for him/us in terms of potential future sell on to bigger things.

Ding Dong

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users