Hibernian V Aberdeen (2 - 0)

Sore one to take right decision to start with a strongish team imo, Hibs' game plan worked perfectly 5 at the back never gave us a sniff.

No idea what he was thinking tactically in the second half if he tried to bombard the Hibs back line but we were left really exposed at the back especially when Logan was bombing forward the boy Boyle always looked a threat when he ran at us also. He should have at least stuck to our proven shape as best as possible and we would have seen the 90 mins at least.

Pawlett I've never had confidence in. I mean we've all worried about his childish play. All I can say is so glad he didn't play in any of the league cup games last season. He'd have only fucked them up too. Punt him.

In truth he doesn't possess the winning mentality we require. I think his time has come to an end. No excuses for tonight - irrespective of Shinnie and flood going of injured that is a shocking result and no Hayes or Reynolds. We can't win every game but I generally believe the league cup is our best chance of silverware each year. What is it with us and lower league opposition in cup competitions?! Its now a case of us bouncing back from this upset and showing character to move on. Disappointed.

This is pure and utter shite.

You clearly weren't at tynecastle when we pumped St Johnstone 4-0 with the place rocking with 3 stands full of ecstatic dandies.

You also clearly weren't at parkhead when we lifted the trophy in front of the best crowd I've ever seen. This competition is not something we can turn our noses up at, especially having only lifted 1 trophy in 20 years. You're honestly starting to sound like a glory hunting old firm fan and dare I say it, an arrogant septic tank.

Starting to?

His opinion on football is worthless, gleaned from afar, a position of absolute ignorance.

It's a bit like how your average yank forms his world view, watches a few You Tube clips and then lectures those who were there on just exactly where they went wrong.

• Upvote 1

I was listening on the radio and by the time Pawlett's name got mentioned right before half time, I had forgotten he had even come on. Strange one not putting Quinn on for either of the injured players, I thought it would have lead to a shape that we know and have played well with recently. Disappointing, but listening to the game, it sounds like we got what we deserved. Will be hoping for a reaction from the team against Inverness.

Just shows we are still a work in progress, and to perform Sunday and the Wednesday is hard for most teams.

Some what of a reality check to all involved, and we will see how far this team has came V ICT this weekend.

If we can maintain a handful of positive results, then a negative one. we will do just fine.

The last Aberdeen celtic game before the split is Jan 30th - same weekend as the League cup semi final

If we are above celtic come that date no one will be bothered in the slightest by this result.

It will be a hell of a reminder what we have missed out on if we are behind in the league

Will that be postponed to midweek or a different weekend?

Assuming Celtic get Morton out of the hat, or a similarly easy draw.

Two good goals. Can't take that away from Hibs.

Squad not strong enough last night. Tbf to McInnes he tried to change things around but nothing was coming off.

Getting sick of watching Pawlett. Its horrible to watch.

McLaughlin appears to be mince.

Hopefully Hayes and Shinnie are back fighting fit for Saturday. We have bigger fish to fry.

Will that be postponed to midweek or a different weekend?

Assuming Celtic get Morton out of the hat, or a similarly easy draw.

It will be a midweek unless we both get pumped out of the Scottish Cup

An evening game that may be a key game in the search for the SPFL title after the potential for a day of drinking - anyone else see CARNAGE written in big letters in the EE?

Rearranged match will be whenever Lawell asks for it to be. Have to hope they're still in with a shout in the UEFA with a testy League cup semi to worry about as well.

Re Pawlett. Always felt it was Robson that brought the best out of young Peter (once StJ had turned the waif into something approaching an athlete). He made the runs, Robson made the pass to find him. No-one else seems able to do that.

Interesting to see who will partner Jack on Saturday. Assuming Flood and Shinnie are both out, there's no way Robson has the legs for 90 mins. Without him it sounds a bit powder puff to me which Caley will destroy. Hayes in the middle, Parker out wide? McLaughlin can fuck off. Struggling to see that you can fit in Pawlett and Maclean in the same team as they both want to play the same role in the same place. There's only one winner obviously. Didn't see enough of him to form a true opinion but you would have thought that Low was the player to bring in here, only now we cant. Always felt Smith did a job here but think this game would be a step too far. We would get 100% though.

And stop persisting with Rooney and Goodwillie!

Put it this way, if I'm Hughes this morning I'm thinking pack out the midfield, force Taylor to play the long ball to whoever their latest Ross Tokely is and hope they play Rooney and Goodwillie, who seem incapable of reading each other's second ball.

This will not be pretty.

said it before here and may other places, the serious lack of faith McInnes has in his squad and his obsession with using the same players every game came back to him last night........

Diddy Cup I see some fans saying? it wasn't that 2 years ago when 43000 of us went to Parkhead and celebrated like it was something bigger!! Diddy Cup or no it was still a cup worth fighting for and being in with a chance of winning.

Been a great start to the season, brilliant in fact but most of us on here are or have been involved in the game at some level, surely after an intense 3 games in 8 days you would say to yourself that maybe the team needs a little freshening up or rotation. The signs were there in Second Half against Hearts, some clearly need or needed a break, bearing in in mind they have played a lot of high stakes matches for nearly 3 months.

The biggest failing McInnes has and it is the reason why we will likely fail in the quest for the title is his fear of using his squad.

Not saying he is amazing but why sign the guy Parker and not give him a start yet? Why sign him if he doesn't rate him? Why keep likes of Cammy Smith and Scott Wright on fringes of the team yet never give them any sniffs as opposed to sending them on loan to develop somewhere whilst at the same time constantly giving chances to Pawlett who continues to perform terribly..........Granted you don't change a winning team but he is paid to make judgements and as I say, signs were there on Sunday in the Second Half. I do not subscribe to the theory that players on fringes don't do it enough in training because if they didn't they wouldn't even make the bench in that respect...........

To cut a long story short, its weak management not using the squad wisely enough simple as that.

I see what you're saying and have a degree of sympathy, but at the same time if we made big changes and lost last night he'd be criticised for disrespect and similarly if we go ahead in a game and he pulls off the three best players to rest them and we then ship two goals, again we'd all have a field day.

Exactly this.

Damned if you damned if you don't when the team loses.

His only real error was not bringing on Quinn and having Logan at left back and mcglaughlin wherever he was meant to be, he seemed to be on the wing a lot failing miserably to beat his man or put a decent cross in or track back.

Smith very very rarely does anything decent so not starting him didn't bother me in the slightest. We are simply not as good a team without shinnie or Hayes.

Personally I would have kept low, always liked him and I would have kept him ahead of robson if the budget only dictated one.

Hurry back u bearded Demi god

said it before here and may other places, the serious lack of faith McInnes has in his squad and his obsession with using the same players every game came back to him last night........

Diddy Cup I see some fans saying? it wasn't that 2 years ago when 43000 of us went to Parkhead and celebrated like it was something bigger!! Diddy Cup or no it was still a cup worth fighting for and being in with a chance of winning.

Been a great start to the season, brilliant in fact but most of us on here are or have been involved in the game at some level, surely after an intense 3 games in 8 days you would say to yourself that maybe the team needs a little freshening up or rotation. The signs were there in Second Half against Hearts, some clearly need or needed a break, bearing in in mind they have played a lot of high stakes matches for nearly 3 months.

The biggest failing McInnes has and it is the reason why we will likely fail in the quest for the title is his fear of using his squad.

Not saying he is amazing but why sign the guy Parker and not give him a start yet? Why sign him if he doesn't rate him? Why keep likes of Cammy Smith and Scott Wright on fringes of the team yet never give them any sniffs as opposed to sending them on loan to develop somewhere whilst at the same time constantly giving chances to Pawlett who continues to perform terribly..........Granted you don't change a winning team but he is paid to make judgements and as I say, signs were there on Sunday in the Second Half. I do not subscribe to the theory that players on fringes don't do it enough in training because if they didn't they wouldn't even make the bench in that respect...........

To cut a long story short, its weak management not using the squad wisely enough simple as that.

I don't think we lost because of weak management, the manager actually changed the team style/formation significantly in an attempt to win the game. We lost but it's not he sat there doing nothing. The basic truth is you cannot win every game of football. Sometimes players who have been playing well will turn in average performances. Whether you are Aberdeen or Barcelona.

Nobody could criticise that team that was put out before kick off.

2 early injuries really put the pressure on and we had limited scope after that to change things. Putting on quinn would have left us very defensively minded and had we lost it after that, then folk would still be calling McInnes all the cunts under the sun for not having a go at a shite lower league team.

Don't think I've seen one comment on here about the team selection that hasn't been in hindsight.

It was one of those nights. Get on with what we're left with and see where the next game takes us.

Most of us are writing after the game so its in hindsight - I do think a few have said that:-

Flood in the centre doesn't look a good settled partnership - he and jack are good individually but don't really complement each other

Rooney and goodwillie don't work particularly well together as one wants to be 20 yards out with his back to goal and one wants to be 6 yards out facing it

I doubt many at the time said "oh that's a great idea" when McLaughlin came on for Shinnie and Logan went to LB and didn't think the change should be Quinn

Strange that you think bringing Quinn on would have made us more defensive when most thought at the time - not in hindsight - that all we were doing was putting out a confused defensive line when we could have played a proven back line

Most of us are writing after the game so its in hindsight - I do think a few have said that:-

Flood in the centre doesn't look a good settled partnership - he and jack are good individually but don't really complement each other

Rooney and goodwillie don't work particularly well together as one wants to be 20 yards out with his back to goal and one wants to be 6 yards out facing it

I doubt many at the time said "oh that's a great idea" when McLaughlin came on for Shinnie and Logan went to LB and didn't think the change should be Quinn

Strange that you think bringing Quinn on would have made us more defensive when most thought at the time - not in hindsight - that all we were doing was putting out a confused defensive line when we could have played a proven back line

Maybe so, but I think the reason we put out two full backs was to have the team play the way that it was set out to. Changing the system after 26 minutes wouldn't have been ideal for the manager, nor the team, and I think he was just unlucky with the decision he made. I assume Considine was given a job to do in the middle of the defence and that's why McInnes was so reluctant to change instead of sticking him to left back. Especially when there was still 20+ minutes to go until half time where proper instruction could be given.

I don't know how you can say Flood and Jack aren't a settled pairing. Is that not the most common defensive mid 2 we've had over the past 2 seasons?

Oh, and a special mention to Craig Thompson you lanky, spotlight hogging prick. Hayes in that team and we've got no problem whatsoever! Fuck you Thompson!

In our first 8 games we showed great skill, pace, intensity and will to win, not one player showed it last night, that's the worrying thing. The key thing for me though is how we react, under Mcinnes we've rarely had two bad games in a row nor have we suffered many back to back defeats since he's came onboard, also he tends to learn from his mistakes, McLaughlin and Pawlett were positive moves but in hindsight maybe Smith on for Flood and Quinn for Shinnie with Consi in to LB would have been the better option last night.

Can't take much away from Hibs, they aren't a good side but they played very well, took their goals extremely well too but it was school boy defending, Logan is brutal at times, McLaughlin needs to learn how to use the ball and Pawlett is fucking dreadful, don't want to see him playing for us again, believed the hype that went around him.

FUCK HIBS

McLaughlin's performance last night was the main bug bear for me. Lost the ball countless times and sauntered about like he was above tracking back. That's eventually how we lost the first goal as well.

We looked like we would stroll it until Shinnie went off really. Strange decision not to bring on Quinn at that stage. Build from the back. If we had Quinn on and Considine at left back, I don't think we would have lost a goal.

I read that twice and honestly thought for a moment I was going to die of shite inhalation.

• Upvote 1

Maybe so, but I think the reason we put out two full backs was to have the team play the way that it was set out to. Changing the system after 26 minutes wouldn't have been ideal for the manager, nor the team, and I think he was just unlucky with the decision he made. I assume Considine was given a job to do in the middle of the defence and that's why McInnes was so reluctant to change instead of sticking him to left back. Especially when there was still 20+ minutes to go until half time where proper instruction could be given.

I don't know how you can say Flood and Jack aren't a settled pairing. Is that not the most common defensive mid 2 we've had over the past 2 seasons?

Oh, and a special mention to Craig Thompson you lanky, spotlight hogging prick. Hayes in that team and we've got no problem whatsoever! Fuck you Thompson!

I'm sure when McLaughlin came on (allegedly), Logan went to LB so he could fit in at RB.

Unless we play 442 which Deek is never gonna adopt, then Rooney and Goodie cant paly in the same team, Ive said it before its a waste plunking Rooney out wide. Strange decision not to bring Quinn on when Shinnie went off injured and possibly the decision that cost us, second goal was much like a few we lost last season, caught up the park chasing the game and they counter quickly, much like we did on Sunday.