Sevco Thread

38 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

They will make millions from the champions league, we are back to the duopoly that so many in the media wanted. The huns will be just as strong next season.

Yes, I'm assuming they will, but you're assuming that it'll be earmarked for further player investment while ignoring all the debt that'll need paid back. 

Investors personally dug a lot, lot deeper than they ever wanted to toward stopping the ten.

Those monies aren't free.

'Invincibles' go unbeaten.

Sevco left both Cups 'early'.

Slippy G. has 1 trophy from 9 having the second biggest budget.

Sevco will have to sell from their starting XI.

Celtic need a manager and a major rebuild.

Aberdeen need a major rebuild.

No one is winning the League by 20-25 points next season.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Yes, I'm assuming they will, but you're assuming that it'll be earmarked for further player investment while ignoring all the debt that'll need paid back. 

Investors personally dug a lot, lot deeper than they ever wanted to toward stopping the ten.

Those monies aren't free.

'Invincibles' go unbeaten.

Sevco left both Cups 'early'.

Slippy G. has 1 trophy from 9 having the second biggest budget.

Sevco will have to sell from their starting XI.

Celtic need a manager and a major rebuild.

Aberdeen need a major rebuild.

The gulf between Celtic/rangers and the rest is huge. Even if they have to scale back they will still be comfortably ahead of everyone else.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
3 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

spacer.png

Are chairman has been totally upfront on the clubs finances during Covid prediction  of a 2 million loss 

Remarkable considering we had a 10 million financial loss at on stage.

The Bastard  Hun chairman has not even mentioned the loss making clubs Covid prediction of there finances losses.

I suspect it will gigantic.  There still not paying there taxes and have outstanding loans,Mike Ashley's invoice still to pay

Talk of making 30 million from the Champions League  really!.

Any of that income will go straight out to pay there debts. .

They still cannot make any in roads into their debt mountain.......which is most pleasing 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

I doubt we will see a 20+ gap between first and second next season. But there will more than likely be a 20+ gap between second and third. Celtic by their own reckoning have had a horrific season. Yet right now they're still 14 points ahead of 3rd. They will strengthen for next season as will the other half. And both will pull even further away from the pack. 

• Dildo 2
6 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

The gulf between Celtic/rangers and the rest is huge. Even if they have to scale back they will still be comfortably ahead of everyone else.

Sevco have had the second biggest budget in Scottish football for every single year of their 9 year existence. 

They have yet to make a penny.

Head to head with premiership teams, it's still only 1 trophy from a possible 23.

Their spending hasn't nearly translated to the domestic success that they have hoped.

Having stopped the ten, I'm predicting that they'll ride that success, up the spoon-feeding rhetoric to the horde, and quietly try and stop the hemorrhaging of their finances behind the scenes. 

38 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

I doubt we will see a 20+ gap between first and second next season. But there will more than likely be a 20+ gap between second and third. 

More than likely?

A little early to be making that call, isn't it?

We haven't even seen who's going to be sold and who's going to be signed.

48 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

Celtic by their own reckoning have had a horrific season. Yet right now they're still 14 points ahead of 3rd. 

It's all relative.

Hibs (currently in third) say that are having a really good season.

Aberdeen (currently in fourth) could be equal on points with Hibs after the next game, and we are having a poor season.

53 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

They will strengthen for next season as will the other half. 

As will Aberdeen.

54 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

And both will pull even further away from the pack. 

I strongly doubt that Sevco will take 12 points off each of Aberdeen and Celtic next season, and I strongly doubt that Sevco will go unbeaten next season.

It's almost certain that Sevco will have less points next season.

10 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

More than likely?

A little early to be making that call, isn't it?

We haven't even seen who's going to be sold and who's going to be signed.

Yes, absolutely more than likely and pretending otherwise is the height of naivete. They're not just 20+ clear of us right now. It's 40 points clear. Getting it down to a 20 point gap would be a massive improvement.

What does it matter who they sell? You don't understand that whoever they sell if anybody will simply be replaced by another multi million pound player? Single players who will cost more than the entire Aberdeen transfer budget for all players in decades. Both of them will.

And you say Aberdeen will strengthen. I hope so but riddle me this. Is it going to be strengthening to the level they're at right now far less the level they're going to be after they strengthen? Is it going to be multi million English championship/EPL level players strengthening? Is it going to be blasting through Europa league qualifiers into the groups then the last 16 strengthening?

If it isn't we will be nowhere near them.

• Dildo 2

The thing is, he's correct in most of what he's saying though.

We all know that sevco have massive debts but their European runs in the past 2-3 years have steadied that particular ship so that they at least haven't added to them significantly.

And this year, going all in on stopping 10IAR will pay off handsomely. They'll join the CL qualifiers in the 3rd round as a seed, facing teams they should be able to take care of comfortably. In the play-off round they then at worst could draw the Turkish or Austrian champions.....not a massively worrying thought. But odds are they'll end up facing another team who won their 3rd round tie. So it's not a massively difficult task for them to reach the golden egg of the Champions League group stages. Which would almost wipe out their debt completely if they so chose to do so (of course they won't). Even if they fuck up qualifying they'll still drop down automatically into the EL group stages.

They also have a few sellable assets who could go this summer. Kent probably the most likely...to Leeds. They paid something like £6million for him and likely get about £15million in return. So he will have paid for himself, plus they''ll buy his replacement with around £3-5 million of the residual cash. More than we will splash out on our entire intake by a massive margin.

I'm confident we will improve next season. But I'm not expecting miracles as we face such a huge rebuild. Halving the final points differential to sevco in the league would be a very good start.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

Yes, absolutely more than likely and pretending otherwise is the height of naivete. They're not just 20+ clear of us right now. It's 40 points clear. Getting it down to a 20 point gap would be a massive improvement.

What does it matter who they sell? You don't understand that whoever they sell if anybody will simply be replaced by another multi million pound player? Single players who will cost more than the entire Aberdeen transfer budget for all players in decades. Both of them will.

And you say Aberdeen will strengthen. I hope so but riddle me this. Is it going to be strengthening to the level they're at right now far less the level they're going to be after they strengthen? Is it going to be multi million English championship/EPL level players strengthening? Is it going to be blasting through Europa league qualifiers into the groups then the last 16 strengthening?

If it isn't we will be nowhere near them.

That's the spirit!

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

We all know that sevco have massive debts but their European runs in the past 2-3 years have steadied that particular ship so that they at least haven't added to them significantly.

And this year, going all in on stopping 10IAR will pay off handsomely. They'll join the CL qualifiers in the 3rd round as a seed, facing teams they should be able to take care of comfortably. In the play-off round they then at worst could draw the Turkish or Austrian champions.....not a massively worrying thought. But odds are they'll end up facing another team who won their 3rd round tie. So it's not a massively difficult task for them to reach the golden egg of the Champions League group stages. Which would almost wipe out their debt completely if they so chose to do so (of course they won't). Even if they fuck up qualifying they'll still drop down automatically into the EL group stages.

They also have a few sellable assets who could go this summer. Kent probably the most likely...to Leeds. They paid something like £6million for him and likely get about £15million in return. So he will have paid for himself, plus they''ll buy his replacement with around £3-5 million of the residual cash. More than we will splash out on our entire intake by a massive margin.

I'm confident we will improve next season. But I'm not expecting miracles as we face such a huge rebuild. Halving the final points differential to sevco in the league would be a very good start.

The thing is, yes, their European run has helped paper over the cracks, but is it sustainable.

It would be interesting to see if they failed in Europe what turmoil that would bring around

• Dildo 1
34 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

The thing is, yes, their European run has helped paper over the cracks, but is it sustainable.

It would be interesting to see if they failed in Europe what turmoil that would bring around

It probably wasn't whilst they were finishing second to Celtic. But not only have they overtaken them.....they've actually directly helped Celtic in the process by way of their Europa league performance gaining Scotland a second CL qualifying round place. Until we......or anyone else.........can split them, they'll both now happily reap the rewards of virtually guaranteed EL group stage football at worst for years to come.

50 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It probably wasn't whilst they were finishing second to Celtic. But not only have they overtaken them.....they've actually directly helped Celtic in the process by way of their Europa league performance gaining Scotland a second CL qualifying round place. Until we......or anyone else.........can split them, they'll both now happily reap the rewards of virtually guaranteed EL group stage football at worst for years to come.

True, however wasn’t  deidco reaping the rewards until they went bust.  Reached the Europa League final 4 years before they were liquidated.

One can only hope.

I think they are doing well, not necessarily directly the Gerrard effect, but more from the back room staff in Michael Beale. Should he leave, well, it might be interesting after that

4 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

Hang on. 

That's not what you said, though, is it?

16 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

But there will more than likely be a 20+ gap between second and third. 

You are assuming that Aberdeen will be at least 20 points behind Celtic next season.

We're not even 20 points behind them now!!!

How do you work that one out?

(And you're calling me naive?)

I'd even bet you if I trusted you.

(Do you even post in other threads?)

What does it matter who they sell?

Well, I'd need to see the squads for next season before I make predictions about the top 3 clubs finishing "20 and 40 points" ahead of each other.

I'm expecting Aberdeen to strengthen for next season to the point where we can take points off of Sevco and more points off of Celtic.

• Haha 1

Sevco and Tims may be stronger next season but we will be also. I have a feeling Tims will feel more pain before things improve, Ajer, Christie, Rogic will all be gone by the looks of it along with Griffiths and Brown and highly likely Edouard will be away also and they will need to be better in the recruitment department than last summer just like we will. Sevco will also lose first team players this summer, Kent and Morelos might go and it is not out of the question that Gerrard might be poached by someone like Spurs or Arsenal. I think the crowds hopefully coming back next season will have an impact on everyone next year also both good and bad

5 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Sevco and Tims may be stronger next season but we will be also. I have a feeling Tims will feel more pain before things improve, Ajer, Christie, Rogic will all be gone by the looks of it along with Griffiths and Brown and highly likely Edouard will be away also and they will need to be better in the recruitment department than last summer just like we will. Sevco will also lose first team players this summer, Kent and Morelos might go and it is not out of the question that Gerrard might be poached by someone like Spurs or Arsenal. I think the crowds hopefully coming back next season will have an impact on everyone next year also both good and bad

Sevco greatly benefitted this season by not having the pressure of having to play in front of their baying mob, while Celtic suffered from not having their fans behind them in games.

5 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Gerrard to Spurs or Arsenal ?

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
23 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Kent and Morelos will probably go for 50m combined. It’s massive money in Scottish terms. Spend 15 on replacements and that’s a lot in the bank. They have done well on recruitment side. Independent company valued squad at almost 150m. Was probably not even quarter that before Gerrard came in. Gerrard getting all the credit but in reality they have recruited backroom staff very well in most departments. 

• Haha 4
  • Dildo 1
3 hours ago, slippers said:

Kent and Morelos will probably go for 50m combined. It’s massive money in Scottish terms. Spend 15 on replacements and that’s a lot in the bank. They have done well on recruitment side. Independent company valued squad at almost 150m. Was probably not even quarter that before Gerrard came in. Gerrard getting all the credit but in reality they have recruited backroom staff very well in most departments. 

Fcuk sake, do you work for the Daily Hun?

£50M for Kent and Morelos. Thanks for the giggles this morning

• Site Sponsor

50million?

too much time spent on Swallow Swallow, methinks

That’s honestly one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on here, £50million for Kent and Morelos ?

Either you’ve been gaslit to fuck by the media or you’re just living in a fantasy world.

5 hours ago, slippers said:

£50m for Kent and Morelos? £150m combined squad value? ?? behave yourself