Aberdeen 4 - 2 Dundee United

A good opportunity to get some minutes into some of the boys who haven't had as much game time as they might like, is what I assume McInnes will say.

Woodman

Logan Arnason McKenna Harvie

Chidi McLean

Stewart Christie GMS

May

2-0 the Dons. Won't be in attendance because fuck TV.

When has McInnes ever played a weakened side in the cup?

And why would he drop Shinnie when he's about to begin a two-game suspension after that? (Unless he's suspended for this. Wouldn't surprise me).

Would expect it'll be the same starting line-up as yesterday.

4-0. United are fucking gash. We're great. Won't be in attendance because fuck TV (and I'm also working).

Would be interesting to see Chidi get a start, though I imagine barring injuries it'll be the same 11 as the Accies match. Should be good enough to give Utd a pumping, though teams who are struggling in the league do sometimes perform better than expected in a pressure free one off Cup match.

Shame about the kick off time, but still looking forward to this.

Taking into consideration that McInnes has Considine as first choice, then this might be the game to give him a rest after a series of weekend and midweek games.

Put Shinnie at LB and move him to midfield only when the game is well in hand.

That would give Harvie a chance to come on at LB for some valuable playing time and experience.

No fucking about with the starting XI - If we're 4 up at half time stick on Harvie, Wright and Cosgrove...

I disagree with that like. This is the Scottish Cup and if we are up 4-0 at half time we do not change it like we did against Ross County and end up crapping ourselves with fifteen minutes to go. Realistically this is our biggest chance of winning silverware this season and Dundee United are not to be taken lightly, this being no game to experiment with the youngsters, whether we are winning or not. Let's just get through this round, which might not be the walkover everyone thinks, and blood the youngsters when the stakes are not so high.

I disagree with that like. This is the Scottish Cup and if we are up 4-0 at half time we do not change it like we did against Ross County and end up crapping ourselves with fifteen minutes to go. Realistically this is our biggest chance of winning silverware this season and Dundee United are not to be taken lightly, this being no game to experiment with the youngsters, whether we are winning or not. Let's just get through this round, which might not be the walkover everyone thinks, and blood the youngsters when the stakes are not so high.

If we got pumped after being 4-0 up by putting Harvie, Wright and Cosgrove on with the 8 remaining first team players still on the park we don't deserve to go through...

• Upvote 1

Even at 4-0 up, at home, against a lower league side we can't risk blooding youngsters? Derek, is that you?