Falkirk V Aberdeen (0 - 5)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Sponsor

been a long time since I had this buzz about watching the dons.... 6 or 7 years going through the motions, actually enjoying watching them. Hopefully the scars calderarse have left will be healed come the end of the season. Great to see seoo many kids coming good, would never have happened before.

Good to see youth policy bearing fruit. Among many, Willie Miller deserves credit.

Enjoyed that tonight, both tonight and the Thistle game it was just weird sitting watching us dominating, playing good football and scoring goals, and being so comfortable. I could get used to this!

Good support there tonight as well given it was on the telly, maybe about 1,100 or so.

Lots of encouraging signs, and plenty of reasons for optimism for the rest of the season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good game tonight - cracking display and great support. Some quality songs too.

Delighted that Low finally got a start, shooting was a wee bit off as has been mentioned, great to see so many products of the youth system on the park at the one time at the end.

And finally Vernon is beginning to look like the striker we knew we had a few years ago. Has to start against St. Mirren.

Good game tonight - cracking display and great support. Some quality songs too.

Delighted that Low finally got a start, shooting was a wee bit off as has been mentioned, great to see so many products of the youth system on the park at the one time at the end.

And finally Vernon is beginning to look like the striker we knew we had a few years ago. Has to start against St. Mirren.

Low's shooting was woeful.

Everything else spot on!

Great performance.

Wow that was just an all round outstanding performance. Love how we kept trying to score even though the game was finished just after half time. All the youngsters were amazing tonight. Looked dangerous every time we went forward and if I was a neutral I would have enjoyed watching Aberdeen tonight! Just feckin brilliant!! :dance:

Same here. No room for sympathy regardless of if it's a young side we're playing. We're young too & need to start showing this killer instinct.

Fantastic game all round. A lot a great displays, too many to mention & cannot fault anyone really but hopefully Low puts his boots on the right feet next time he plays :laughing:

Vernon has got to start on Mon, he's on a run & this is when we need to make the most of him. If we can get an early couple like that against St Mirren, then I hope we can keep going like we did tonight & run right over them, GD will be important in the league & we need to keep building our confidence in front of goal. No cruising, only full speed ahead.

COYR :dance:

Still not convinced by Zola at all. Yes he looks strong etc. but let's not forget it was kids he was throwing about tonight.

Ref was a prick to him & he had to get subbed before it was too late but good job McInnes did so.

He deserved his booking, 50/50 ball but he was second to it & will always get penalised for that against the keeper especially. After that though the ref was a prick to him.

Vernon has earned his start & it's up to Zola to try & do the same now from the bench :dontknow:

Thought we were excellent from the first minute tonight. Hayes and Smith were magnificent and as good a team performance as seen in long time. Mind you Falkirk are pretty awful so feet still on ground but we are totally different monster nowadays with much better attitude throughout.

Thought we were excellent from the first minute tonight. Hayes and Smith were magnificent and as good a team performance as seen in long time. Mind you Falkirk are pretty awful so feet still on ground but we are totally different monster nowadays with much better attitude throughout.

I haven't fully written him off but I was close to it, especially after the Hearts game.

He's certainly improved since that game but will need to do a lot more for me to be screaming for him to be a certain starter & Vernon has earned that right now anyway in the fraction of the time that he's had compared to Zola this season.

We want & need the old Vernon back & if he's starting to score again, then we need to give him every encouragement when he does.

He should have started tonight but I guess it was fair to give Zola the nod given that it was just Vernon's first of the season on sat but he has to have earned his start on mon now.

Brilliant performance from the Dons tonight based on great team-work, a strong system and the resulting confidence of good management all-round. Have never watched Aberdeen win by such high scoring margin. Its great to see Vernon return with such a vengeance. Its like we now have a new striker altogether. Every player however, gave a good account of himself in the game, and its notable that DM has built upon Craig Browns work by reinforcing a very strong defence. There were shades of the team Willie Miller assembled, where a solid back-line allowed for the kind of free-flowing attacking football that saw us beat Partick and Airdrie 7-0 one season. We have now notched four consecutive shut-outs.

Consistency in team selection has helped and its good that wholesale changes are being avoided from one week to the next. Who knows what we are capable of this year but as McInnes said, even in the games we have lost this season we have not been altogether outplayed. With our most experienced pros set to return soon we can certainly be optimistic about enjoying a good season even if we do not win anything as such. Feels great that we are finally being talked about as one of the Leagues best teams again after so many forgettable years. Football is one game to the next but I am certainly enjoying the season so far.

Well done tonight. COYR!

Simply superb, as a falkirk dweller , to be able to walk home via the local with a display like that tonight was very pleasing , and the lift from willie hills at dons -2 , watching it back ( yep am that sad) on sky+ and loving what is a team of friends all delighted for each other! would happily take hearts at tynecastle ( even though it helps them financially).

I want some journalist to interview the hun in Falkirk's side who said they were going to pass The Dons off the park. How did that work out for you? Stupid little hun cunt.

That'll be whitewashed over by the anti AFC media.

I'm blootered but can I say this?

FUCK YOU GLASGOW.

We're red, you're dead, we're bouncing on your head, we're Aberdeen, we're Aberdeen.

Brilliant, brilliant performance tonight. It has been years since I've enjoyed a performance of such high standard. I thought everyone was magnificent from the first whistle to the last. If anyone was to get special recognition, I thought Smith and Low were your men and obviously Vernon who has suddenly remembered how to score - and how!

Just Dandy! :scarf:

The will to win and every one fighting for each other is something we've not seen in years, even at 5 up they were chasing everything.

Even the commentator said how fit we looked. Not counting chickens but it looks like this is a real Aberdeen team.

The fans are there, give us a team to be proud of and we'll turn up, that happened tonight. Proud to be a dandy tonight, :)