Considine

Thought he had a good season last season and then was pushed by he who shall not be mentioned to LB and went back the way but really think he is coming of age as a defender at the moment

Looked to win everything in the air and commanded the centre of defence - really impressed with how much he has come on seems to be playing with confidence and style

when the ball was coming towards our line considine was leading it with diamond a bit part centre back and our full backs just there

Thought it was an excellent performance and really does seem to be coming of age

My Motm tonight just there all the time doing the easy stuff well

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Considine had a great game, in fact our defence was good tonight, even Zander too. Hopefully they can get a grip of that for Sunday but the last time we played a game before a semi-final was at the Tattie Bowl when we lost 1-0, hopefully not a bad omen :(

Considine was excellent tonight - the main reason Rangers never really threatened Langfield apart from a wonder goal and a few long range efforts.

Diamond was very good as well.

I also thought Young had a good game at right back and looks the best bet for that position if McNamee is injured.

I've always hoped that Considine would become the new Russell Anderson.... I remember when Anderson broke through, for the first 2 or seasons he was an absolute disaster - all over the shop! However, he came good in the end... hopefully this will be the case with considine.

In terms of temperament they are also quite similar, both quiet, understated local lads. Anderson wasn't a natural leader, but I reckon he did well as captain, leading by example and providing a fantastic consistency in performance. That's what Considine needs to aim for. Also agree with comment above about keeping it simple. I think when Anderson realised his limitations as a football, and started to stick to what he does best, he really flourished.

Good luck to Considine - I think he lost a few years of development under Calderwood, as there seemed to be a clash of personalities... I don't think he responded well to Calderwoods style of management. As I said, hopefully he can kick-on now.

Barassie (I think), Millertime - take feckin note you twa!

Considine is and always will be a good defender for the Dons!

He is average and yet to deliver a string of consistent and imposing performances. I still feel he isnt mentally strong enough and needs a wiser head next to him. Saying that I would have him over Diamond as he has a much better physical presence .

Sunday will be the real acid test

Despite being our best performer in the last few games?

Despite coming into form?

Despite being up there with one of Aberdeens player of the season?

SOTR summed it up perfectly, the fact he went backwards under JC says it all about man management skills that the buffoon had. Under Brown, he's been very composed and good. Many people just can't grasp how important man management skills are in football.

Aluko has been our best player last few games , I will reserve judgement on him before I go daft , but I believe he is a better option now than Diamond, so thats as close to praise as I can get

It's hard swallowing your pride I know, but even the best of people (like myself) can be wrong sometimes ;)

Hey happy to do so, I hope he improves dramatically, he does seem a sensible chap , fingers crossed , I think he could do with being a bit nastier however , but then if we have a nasty b*stard next to him then that could be good.

Despite being our best performer in the last few games?

Good last night. Culpable along with Vuja on Saturday for goal and utterly horrific down at St Mirren the game before. All over the place at Motherwell. That is last 4 games anyway.

Despite coming into form?

Above

SOTR summed it up perfectly, the fact he went backwards under JC says it all about man management skills that the buffoon had. Under Brown, he's been very composed and good. Many people just can't grasp how important man management skills are in football.

Not even close.

make him captain for the final when we lift the cup, him and mackie to lift it together

If mackattack scores a cup winning goal in the last 15 months of his contract then that'll certainly be enough reason for another deal without him playing any other game.

Arguably Considine had his best performances under Jimmy

Nah much better now imo he looks like the main man in the centre of defence rather than the subordinate of the pairing (yes it is with zander but hey ho)

He looks like a centrakl defender and is more commanding of the area around him (what ever teh f7ck it means) but he is doing it

Personally i think all three have bought him on

Calderwood got him started

he who shall not be named in his first season got him established

Brown/Knox are developing him into a right good commanding centre back

Dont know what length of contract he is on but should be put onto a 5 yr one ASAP - because someone will come sniffing at the end of next season if he keeps on progressing at the current rate

If Considine (or Diamond) has a decent partner beside them, both can do a job.

Put those two next to each other though and they are generally hopeless.

Diamond is finished as a top player, his positional sense has gone, his strength has gone and any pace or ability he had has also disappeared.

Id keep Considine, our best central defender for the last 3 seasons ( when he plays there)

Diamond is finished as a top player, his positional sense has gone, his strength has gone and any pace or ability he had has also disappeared.

Id keep Considine, our best central defender for the last 3 seasons ( when he plays there)

This is what is killing the team, we need to aspire to do better than Considine, and remind me again what we have done in last 3 seasons