Aberdeen 2 - 1 Hearts

I think for people the frustration is that we're having to be incentivised in such a way to go to the game.

At the start of the season we made some, on paper, what looked like stellar signings. Most of them have failed to do themselves or the club any justice. Our home form is like McGhee era bad at the moment, and we're scrapping it out for 3rd place against a club with nothing like the budget we've got.

I appreciate the club trying to get bums in seats, but they'd be better served taking a step back and evaluating why it is people aren't going. We've been humbled by Celtic at home and at Hampden in the last few weeks, and offered nothing at Ibrox. I read that 1/3rd of season ticket holders didn't turn up on Saturday. That's an incredibly damning figure if true.

I agree folk are quick to criticise, but this loyalty points nonsense is becoming farcical.

Edit: I think a more organic way of getting people to attend would be to play a much better brand of football and be more adventurous with our scouting. If we sign the players we've been linked with already this window, I can't see it being any different next season.

So it's bad that we are scrapping it out with a club with nothing like our budget (agreed) but we're also unhappy that we haven't been able to lay a glove on teams who's budget is far great than the disparity between ours and Killie?

What's a better brand of football? Playing like Hibs allegedly do? Look where they are. If we won the league playing the way we do now, nobody would give a fuck.

If not loyalty points then what system would be fairer?

• Downvote 1

So it's bad that we are scrapping it out with a club with nothing like our budget (agreed) but we're also unhappy that we haven't been able to lay a glove on teams who's budget is far great than the disparity between ours and Killie?

What's a better brand of football? Playing like Hibs allegedly do? Look where they are. If we won the league playing the way we do now, nobody would give a fuck.

Hibs are getting results at the moment, but their fans are grumbling already about the eye-bleeding football which Feckin'bottom has them playing. This rarely ends well for Hibs managers... mind they forced Blobby Williamson out after his infamous 'if you want to be entertained go to the pictures' rant. 

Hibs are getting results at the moment, but their fans are grumbling already about the eye-bleeding football which Feckin'bottom has them playing. This rarely ends well for Hibs managers... mind they forced Blobby Williamson out after his infamous 'if you want to be entertained go to the pictures' rant. 

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Attractive football is a subjective term anyway.

It's not like we're being marginally edged in these games but it are getting trounced well and proper.

I'm just saying it's not as if there's a consolation for our home form with us playing great stuff. It's bad to watch and the results are bad.

Loyalty points are fine but imo should strictly be for buying tickets. Nothing to do with membership schemes and desperate attempts to get people thru the door.

It's not like we're being marginally edged in these games but it are getting trounced well and proper.

I'm just saying it's not as if there's a consolation for our home form with us playing great stuff. It's bad to watch and the results are bad.

Loyalty points are fine but imo should strictly be for buying tickets. Nothing to do with membership schemes and desperate attempts to get people thru the door.

Was Saturday a trouncing? We'd missed three sitters before they scored. We should have been ahead. Heads dropped after their goal just before half time.

The football wasn't great last year and we had our highest average attendance in years.

Never have and never will understand the issue with the current loyalty point system. If they can add membership schemes etc to it then I don't see the issue. It's folk supporting the club after all.

Was Saturday a trouncing? We'd missed three sitters before they scored. We should have been ahead. Heads dropped after their goal just before half time.

The football wasn't great last year and we had our highest average attendance in years.

Never have and never will understand the issue with the current loyalty point system. If they can add membership schemes etc to it then I don't see the issue. It's folk supporting the club after all.

Saturday was an even first half followed by a training exercise in the second.

Yeah but last season the football was still better. My point is this season the football is as bad as it's been. Lump to Cosgrove who canna trap a bag of wet cement. Try win second balls, which we don't if Shinnie doesn't play, and then go again, and again, and again.

Loyalty points and the way it works can be debated untill blue in the face. It's always gonna annoy someone. I just find the attempt at bribing fans with it to be a bit pathetic and possibly missing the point entirely as to why people aren't turning up.

Last season was a big step down performance wise from the year before where the team peaked under McInnes

This.

That 2016-17 team was one the strongest we have had in years, it broke up at the end of that season and we all knew that McIness had a rebuilding job to do. Problem now we are heading into our third season after that team and we are no better into our rebuilding job. Next season should be the complete article of a strong squad but bad signings and stupid loans over the last two has put us in a bigger mess

Hibs are very much playing like us tbh. They remind me so much of how McInnes sets up on a regular basis and gets results. The fans will be disgruntled just like a lot of ours are even when they get results. Lennon had them in the bottom six playing attractive attacking footballer but what would the fans rather? 

Hibs are very much playing like us tbh. They remind me so much of how McInnes sets up on a regular basis and gets results. The fans will be disgruntled just like a lot of ours are even when they get results. Lennon had them in the bottom six playing attractive attacking footballer but what would the fans rather?

I was speaking to a work colleague yesterday in the phone and he, as a hibs fan was moaning like fuck about the football they're getting served up despite the run of form the new manager got them on.

I was speaking to a work colleague yesterday in the phone and he, as a hibs fan was moaning like fuck about the football they're getting served up despite the run of form the new manager got them on.

As I said sounds very much like our supporters over the last few seasons. 

Yep, I'm 35 this year, it happens

I've still got the photos you sent me

Enough said

You've kept the photos I put up on here?

Strange. 

Couldn't care less about eye bleeding football when we're winning and surprised anyone else would be. It's only a problem when we're not winning. Which for us has been too often this year.

Fair enough, that's your personal view. Personally, I think entertainment value is important, after all that is what sport is supposed to provide - that, plus drama and unpredictability. But, isnt there, over a period of time, a direct connection between winning and playing good fitba? You can only win ugly for a short while before you start to lose ugly.

Hibs fans have always had this weird expectation of watching flowing football.  Don't know where it comes from... because Hibs have and always will be fucking mince.

It's bizarre. Like in England there's 'the West Ham way', which much like Hibs I can only assume is getting relegated every so often.

Sitting in a pub so malbec it's the maybe talking.

But all football fans want the same style. And can quote a time when. Hibs had Latapy, Sauzee, Collins, Archibald, even Weir, etc and liked it. So now in recent years THAT'S the Hibs way.

We had guys like Skacel, Hartley, Cameron, McCann, Flogel, etc so all of a sudden the Hearts way is on the deck, wingers, midfield runners, high energy.

You'll have your own examples. But I remember Gilhaus, Richardson, Bett, Jess, Booth and a bit of Aberdeen identity around guys like that. There's maybe better. Had total player envy over Gilhaus though.

But it's all a nonsense. All fans want the same style. It's no like you go to Grimsby and they all say we fucking love long ball, direct, fight for the 2nd ball and knock downs, win free kicks.

Sometimes fans identify a particular hero then keep looking for replacements. Like a bustling no. 9. Newcastle for example.

I'm done. Lesson delivered. And Hibs ARE shite and the new manager couldnae knock his own teeth oot. Wee fanny.

We played some very good stuff in McInnes first season, until we got closer to the end of the season and teams realised they could sit in and stifle us.

Counter attacking at pace with McGinn, Hayes and Pawlett was a frightening prospect for teams and Flood was so important to win the ball back. The latter two became redundant when we had a need to break teams down.

You should sit in our main stand. One sideways pass and it's "get it up the park!".

Again think all fans are the same.

"Nane ae that fuckin aboot Hertz get oan wi it."

Same fan two mins later.

"Fuck sake wi the long ball Hertz."

We all want our football like our love making. Quick, urgent, direct, exciting and with a powerful shot at the end.