Sevco Thread

It's not though, and it goes to the core of the problem... religion.

That's why they hate each other. It's no more complicated than that.

I agree that any sensible parent wouldn't base their choice of school on which particular kind of indoctrination it carries out, but you're assuming all people are as sensible as you. That is simply not the case.

When you introduce exclusion based on faith at such a young age, you can't be surprised when you get the result we have. This problem will exist for as long as the species is saddled with religion which I'm afraid is going to be for some time yet. In many ways, it's a much bigger problem than racism. You're not likely to see a bunch of white people getting into a shooting war with a bunch of brown people purely over race, for example.

All well and good Doc, but they do not hate each other. They have an obvious symbiotic relationship and absolutely rely on one another.

They are all scum.

All well and good Doc, but they do not hate each other. They have an obvious symbiotic relationship and absolutely rely on one another.

They are all scum.

That's true I suppose, when such a large part of your personality is based on your hatred or distrust for another culture/race/religion, you end up needing them to validate your own beliefs. 

I'm on the verge of one of my twitteresque diatribes about how all religious people are fucking morons now, so I'm going to call it a day there.

The next logical step is to burn the stadium down and turn it into a Lidl. 

An option that a rich Hun hater could have taken 7 years ago in outbidding Charlie Chuckles (I really don't think it would have been too difficult to see him off.....£7million would have seen him off I reckon). They would then have had Ibrokes to plant a supermarket and some housing on, a more than functional training centre (flog off to Partick Thistle or Motherwell on reasonable terms) and a few ancillary buildings (flat conversions) to more than make their money back. And no new club as a whacking great bonus. 

I'm amazed that no one thought of it at the time. Oldco's assets were a fucking bargain and Chuckles made an absolute killing out of it (as well as conjuring up the "same club" bullcrap that fed the desperation of oldco supporters into buying into his bizarre theory.....I'm certain the SFA and a complicit weegia encouraged it all)

That's true I suppose, when such a large part of your personality is based on your hatred or distrust for another culture/race/religion, you end up needing them to validate your own beliefs.

I'm on the verge of one of my twitteresque diatribes about how all religious people are fucking morons now, so I'm going to call it a day there.

So why do you hate them?

Humans tend to hate, any old reason, nothing to do with religion. We're lucky we get to hate them both.

Any of the auld eens confirm that Aberdeen used to sing sectarian songs, depending on which of the old firm they were playing at the time purely for the wind up? 

Fuck knows where i read that from, perhaps @@Tommy chim in.

It certainly happened UDA All The Way, Fuck The Pope And The IRA and No Pope of Rome were certainly sung

when playing the tims home and away. Don’t recall any pro tim ones.

Guest milne_afc

I certainly don't remember the IRA being viewed as anything but terrorist scum in the 80s.

Seachange moment was the performances of DDL and Postlethwaite in 'In the Name of the Father'.

Bobby Sands was definetly sung.

For the younger folk he killed himself in a hunger strike in jail.

“Could you go a chicken supper Bobby Sands”

One of the more catchy tunes IMO.

Found myself singing it all the way home from the 4-0 Final last season.

Was sung at the final, which is what put it in my head.