Billy Mcneill

Diagnosed with Dementia his family confirmed

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39095623

Real shame like. Always had great things to say about the Dons and revealed leaving us after a year was his biggest regret

Do we know how bad it is? I thought it was "kinda" manageable if caught in early stages?

Edit - wiki saying he can no longer speak? FFS.

Do we know how bad it is? I thought it was "kinda" manageable if caught in early stages?

Edit - wiki saying he can no longer speak? FFS.

"Manageable" for fuck sake man, if you think seeing member of your family in that state, is " manageable" then you are a better man than most

that is a very uncaring thing to say, i wouldnt wish that on anyone .

delete you account.

AYE, EVEN ALL YOU CUNTS ON HERE ! ( i know im going soft)

i will make an exception for Jimmy Calderwood thougn the shite he spouts i reckon he has it already.

Diagnosed with Dementia his family confirmed

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39095623

Real shame like. Always had great things to say about the Dons and revealed leaving us after a year was his biggest regret

Good manager who set Ferguson up to a certain extent. Bought Strachan and Archibald and if he had hung around would have won trophies. Shame about his illness.

• Upvote 2

"Manageable" for fuck sake man, if you think seeing member of your family in that state, is " manageable" then you are a better man than most

that is a very uncaring thing to say, i wouldnt wish that on anyone .

delete you account.

AYE, EVEN ALL YOU CUNTS ON HERE ! ( i know im going soft)

i will make an exception for Jimmy Calderwood thougn the shite he spouts i reckon he has it already.

Looking thru the symptoms...is it not exactly the same as banging back about 5 hot knives?...

He was here one season.

Pretty sure we went undefeated from middle of December to the very last day of the season, the cup final v the defunct hun fucks.

Aboot 25 games, vast majority wins.

Had a chance to win title on last day, and probably would have had it nae been for blatant fucking hun cheating in the title run-in.

Some things never changed.

• 2 years later...

Remember his one season in charge, most definitely prepared the foundation for the future Fergie success.

Don't normally praise Tims or Huns.

But in this case, dead or alive, Billy always had my total respect.

A hell of an illness the poor man and his family had to suffer.

RIP big man, you will never be forgotten for your part in the Dons' history.

Such a shame, a great supporter of our great club through the years. I think anyone who knows someone with dementia will agree that his wife must be one hell of a woman to have coped these last few years.

Correct, an absolutely awful illness and terrible to see your loved one in that sort of state. And as Woody says wouldn’t normally care so much about the OF ex players etc but McNeil is different as he was an absolute gent and had nothing but praise for our club too

RIP Billy

• Upvote 1