The Ryan Fraser Clause

He seems to me like a very selfish/self driven individual so wouldn't surprise me to see him let his contract run down to get a big signing on fee

The risk to that of course is his stock might not be so high

Really?

Seemed to have plenty love for his dog, in that bbc interview

Be a right laugh if there was no clause

Has any alleged clause been confirmed?

I mean, it would be smashing and brill if we DID make seventy blillion trillion squillion pounds from his sale to the Arse, don't get me wrong... but has it been officially confirmed that there even is a clause? 

Was the same not said of the training facility?

These are professional businessmen at the helm, have some faith

Not really there was pretty much constant communication about how much funding was in place for the training ground.

Not heard anything about the stadium, and if recent projects are anything to go by it will be more than the £50m they were speaking about 3 years ago.

I just want the club to be honest - is the playing budget going to suffer? They're saying no but it must at some point and it would help temper expectations, don't you think?

Haha you said it yourself

The club have said the playing budget wont be affected, but are saying you want them to be honest, maybe they ARE being honest!

I'm sceptical. 

DNA money won't cover the hole as it gets bigger. (OK this should be on the stadium thread.)

From BBC article on Ryan.....Sell him now and Bournemouth make a lot of of money - so, too, Aberdeen, who will get a sizeable piece of the action if Unai Emery backs up his admiration with a solid bid.

I was more wondering if the club had said anything regarding a sell on clause. Not that I don't trust the BBC, but they've employed guys like Chick Young and Jim Traynor, so it's not like their journalistic standards are crazy high. 

IF there's a sell on clause then hopefully their shite current form leads them to a hasty panic buy. 

I was more wondering if the club had said anything regarding a sell on clause. Not that I don't trust the BBC, but they've employed guys like Chick Young and Jim Traynor, so it's not like their journalistic standards are crazy high. 

IF there's a sell on clause then hopefully their shite current form leads them to a hasty panic buy. 

Why do the club need to come out and tell details of a sell on clause when the player has still not been sold on. So Milne comes out and says we have a 25% sell on clause and Fraser could be sold for 25 million and the fans wet their knickers in anticipation, only for him to run down his contract and leave for free next season. Never ever heard of a club coming out and confirming what the sell on clause for a player is prior to him being sold. These things though are usually widely known by the media and aren't secrets so I tend to believe Richard Gordon and the likes when they say it is 25%.

There is 100% a sell on clause and we will do well out of any sale of Fraser if that happens this summer.

How do you work that out?  Arsenal have the 5th biggest wage bill in the EPL.  Ozil rumoured to be on £300k per week.  I'm pretty sure if they are forking out £25 million for a player he'll get a wage which reflects that