Out Of Contract

Next years team

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna Considine

Ferguson Gleeson

McLennan May McGinn

Cosgrove

subs: Rogers, Wright, Anderson, Campbell

LB and a number 10 top priorities. A striker or two, a winger, central midfielder, right back and centre half also required

Thankfully we only have one utility player then eh?

Considine most certainly isnt one

Plays in two positions for us on a regular basis and excels at none. Definition of a utility player no? Happy for Considine to be offered a short contract given his service to the club but would rather not have both him and Ball in the squad on game day. You would hope that we can have a better standard of player in the first team squad.

• Upvote 1

Conso hanging on for a second testimonial. 

2024? 

He'll have just turned 38... around about the age that other great defender, Franco Baresi, hung up his boots after playing for just one club his entire career.   Surely Andy models his own game on the Italian defensive genius. 

The parallels are uncanny, though Considine pisses on Baresi's 0.03 goals a game, chipping in with 0.05 goals per game. 

He's our own Franco Baresi. 

Only better. 

Obviously. 

I don’t think Fraser will cost 20-30. More like 12-15..

Re McKenna. We as a club aren’t in a position to turn down offers of 7m+ for any players, no matter how threadbare the squad is. TBH, I think he could well go for 5million if a full cash offer came in. He may well have it written into his contract. Players have all the power these days.

That being said , there will be a fair bit of cash for mcinnes to spend this summer ( even if a large chunk is kept for the stadium ). Question is will he manage to convince the quality of player we are losing to come to us... I have my doubts

I don’t think Fraser will cost 20-30. More like 12-15..

Re McKenna. We as a club aren’t in a position to turn down offers of 7m+ for any players, no matter how threadbare the squad is. TBH, I think he could well go for 5million if a full cash offer came in. He may well have it written into his contract. Players have all the power these days.

That being said , there will be a fair bit of cash for mcinnes to spend this summer ( even if a large chunk is kept for the stadium ). Question is will he manage to convince the quality of player we are losing to come to us... I have my doubts

Bournemouth are not parting with Fraser for a low fee like that.One of the best players in the league this season

Conso hanging on for a second testimonial.

2024?

He'll have just turned 38... around about the age that other great defender, Franco Baresi, hung up his boots after playing for just one club his entire career. Surely Andy models his own game on the Italian defensive genius.

The parallels are uncanny, though Considine pisses on Baresi's 0.03 goals a game, chipping in with 0.05 goals per game.

He's our own Franco Baresi.

Only better.

Obviously.

Even at whatever age Baresi is now Considine is still slower and less mobile than him.
  • Upvote 1

Signed as two half decent squad players hopefully. Surely McInnes sees the value of a proper first team left back now after having Lowe on board.

Ball will never be anything more than a squad player at Aberdeen but can do an occasional job in midfield when needed.

Considine deserves an extension imo but 2 years with an option for a third was more than I thought he'd get. Looks like he will be a rare example of a one club man in this age.

• Upvote 1

Plays in two positions for us on a regular basis and excels at none. Definition of a utility player no? Happy for Considine to be offered a short contract given his service to the club but would rather not have both him and Ball in the squad on game day. You would hope that we can have a better standard of player in the first team squad.

Spot on the sheep.

Come on min - he's had another good season at centre half. Outshone McKenna in the majority of games they have played together, in my opinion. Worthy of a deal - not as a top earner - but more than happy to retain him.

He is utterly garbage. Has been for years. No pace, no composure, no positional awareness...