Out Of Contract

We certainly couldn't afford to get anywhere near his Watford wages. But with his injury record he may not have a lot of options. However it would be madness for us (or anyone) to sign him up until he has recovered 100%. I can think of a few who have done the same knee cruciate 2 times.....we tend to sign some of them. But can't off the top of my head think of anyone who has done cruciates in both knees. Starting point for cruciate recovery is 9 months which would have him out till November at very least. Watford I'm sure will let him use their facilities to do his rehab even if they don't offer him a new contract. If he does this successfully he would still be a huge risk but if he were prepared to accept a very low basic wage (and I mean miniscule compared to his Watford wage) say £1k/week but with very good (for Scotland) appearance money then he might be worth a gamble for 12-18 months to see how he goes.

Anderson and Devlin have both done both cruciates?

Anderson and Devlin have both done both cruciates?

But not in both knees....Devlin has done the same knee twice

EDIT.....you could be right about Anderson. But it pretty much retired him....he did return right at the end of season 14-15 but retired in the summer

June 2019

Tomas Cerny
Greg Halford
Graeme Shinnie
Sam Roscoe
Gary Mackay-Steven
Frank Ross
Max Lowe - loan return to Derby
Dominic Ball - also out of contract at Rotherham
Greg Stewart - also out of contract at Birmingham
James Wilson - also out of contract at Man Utd
Tommie Hoban - returned to Watford
Mark Reynolds - signed for Dundee United until June 2022

June 2020

Joe Lewis
Danny Rogers
Shay Logan
Stephen Gleeson
Derek McInnes
Tony Docherty

June 2021

Andrew Considine
Michael Devlin
Scott Wright
Dean Campbell
Connor McLennan
Bruce Anderson
Niall McGinn
Stevie May

June 2022

Sam Cosgrove

June 2023

Scott McKenna

June 2024

Lewis Ferguson 

Realistically can only see us keeping

Cerny, Halford, Roscoe and Ross....

Really hope McIness is prepared for this rebuild as it’s going to be massive.

I really hope there is a priority on getting Lewis ties down on a new contract, dread to think what will happen if we lose him

Realistically can only see us keeping

Cerny, Halford, Roscoe and Ross....

Really hope McIness is prepared for this rebuild as it’s going to be massive.

I really hope there is a priority on getting Lewis ties down on a new contract, dread to think what will happen if we lose him

June 2019

Tomas Cerny

Greg Halford

Graeme Shinnie

Sam Roscoe

Gary Mackay-Steven

Frank Ross

Max Lowe - loan return to Derby

Dominic Ball - also out of contract at Rotherham

Greg Stewart - also out of contract at Birmingham

James Wilson - also out of contract at Man Utd

Tommie Hoban - returned to Watford

Mark Reynolds - signed for Dundee United until June 2022

June 2020

Danny Rogers

Shay Logan

Stephen Gleeson

Derek McInnes

Tony Docherty

June 2021

Andrew Considine

Michael Devlin

Scott Wright

Dean Campbell

Connor McLennan

Bruce Anderson

Niall McGinn

Stevie May

June 2022

Sam Cosgrove

June 2023

Scott McKenna

June 2024

Joe Lewis

Lewis Ferguson

I'd imagine Rogers will be gone. Even before he was injured he was being kept out by Craig Samson.

EDIT: Think he was actually playing before he was injured but he still couldn't get the gloves off Samson when he returned.

Is it a coincidence that Lewis' best seasons have come with Alexander and Cerny as his backup. I think i'd prefer us to sign Cerny on a long deal too and loan out Rogers for the final year of his contract.

It does look like the club have taken heid of the fans frustrations at letting our players run down their contracts (McGinn, Jack, GMS, Shinnie) given Cosgrove, Ferguson, McKenna and Lewis are now all on long deals. You'd probably say they are our only marketable players

Ross will possibly get a year if he is prepared to sign as a youth player. Otherwise no room for sentiment.

Hard to see how McInnes would renew Halford or Roscoe having never really used them to date.

Personally I'd like to see us renew Cerny and move Rogers on but the most obvious guess would be that he'll do the opposite.

:itch-chin:  :cool:

It does look like the club have taken heid of the fans frustrations at letting our players run down their contracts (McGinn, Jack, GMS, Shinnie) given Cosgrove, Ferguson, McKenna and Lewis are now all on long deals. You'd probably say they are our only marketable players

Devlin also has potential if he can get back in side & stay injury free.

McLennan is def one for improving/future also.

Just need a few more long termers in that earn their wage/contract after signing them & we're in a really good solid place.

Some decent young players in the mix to learn from some good experienced players.

Devlin also has potential if he can get back in side & stay injury free.

McLennan is def one for improving/future also.

Just need a few more long termers in that earn their wage/contract after signing them & we're in a really good solid place.

Some decent young players in the mix to learn from some good experienced players.

Devlin of July- November 2018 was imo (in my opinion) a better prospect than McKenna. If we can get him back to that level over the summer and keep McKenna (as I predict we will) thats a solid keeper/centre back combo that it wont even matter who the full backs are

It does look like the club have taken heid of the fans frustrations at letting our players run down their contracts (McGinn, Jack, GMS, Shinnie) given Cosgrove, Ferguson, McKenna and Lewis are now all on long deals. You'd probably say they are our only marketable players[/quote

Not sure the club can be blamed for letting players run down their contracts. The players chose not to sign new ones. Credit where credit is due. Getting Lewis on a 5 year deal is a fantastic piece of business. Wonder if we will see a couple of pre contract announcements before the season is up.

It does look like the club have taken heid of the fans frustrations at letting our players run down their contracts (McGinn, Jack, GMS, Shinnie) given Cosgrove, Ferguson, McKenna and Lewis are now all on long deals. You'd probably say they are our only marketable players[/quote

Not sure the club can be blamed for letting players run down their contracts. The players chose not to sign new ones. Credit where credit is due. Getting Lewis on a 5 year deal is a fantastic piece of business. Wonder if we will see a couple of pre contract announcements before the season is up.

If you ask McInnes he will say there has been some if not all of these incidents where he has chosen to hold on to the players rather than trying to actively flog them