• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished Larry McMurtry’s Lonesome Dove, once described as the finest Western novel ever written. Won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction the year it came out.

At a shade under 900 pages it’s a lengthy fucker, but whilst it’s a wee bit slow to get going it ultimately provides an exciting glimpse into life as a cowboy and the perils faced by the original settlers of the Old West.

Never thought I’d enjoy a cowboy novel, but I’m really glad I persevered with it.

Just finished Larry McMurtry’s Lonesome Dove, once described as the finest Western novel ever written. Won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction the year it came out.

At a shade under 900 pages it’s a lengthy fucker, but whilst it’s a wee bit slow to get going it ultimately provides an exciting glimpse into life as a cowboy and the perils faced by the original settlers of the Old West.

Never thought I’d enjoy a cowboy novel, but I’m really glad I persevered with it.

I never realised Brokeback Mountain was based on a novel.

@@Ke1t did you finish this? How was it?

Trump bashing has become quite fashionable.

@@Poodler

If you're planning on reading it wear some sort of headgear... because you'll get a concussion with all the facepalming.

You've an administration split into multiple camps, Trump Loyalists, Bannon Loyalists, and 'Traditional Conservatives' like Ryan. All pulling in different directions, all concerned only about what's in it for themselves, and a president who genuinely seems to have deep seated mental issues to the point where he can't even concentrate on a subject for more than a few minutes at a time.

• 7 months later...