Darren Mowbray

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Glass seems to place a lot of faith and praise on Tony Mowbray when he managed him at Hibs, set him on the coaching path so there is clearly some family connection there.

Yeah and glass would want someone he could trust so makes sense. 

7 minutes ago, RUL said:

New head of recruitment. 

Was involved in player analysis and scouting at Burnley. 

Tony brother so will presumably have some knowledge of Scottish football. 

An interesting appointment. 

you mean Shite?

never heard of guy before but must be okay being at Burnley

i'd still like a Lee Richardson type taken into the backroom staff as well 

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 10

Had really hoped he would be foreign so we could tap into his wealth of experience in areas we weren't familiar. Cant say much at all about him as know very little. 

Just having a look at Burnley's transfer record previous 3-4 years and almost every player has been signed from a English team. 

You need successful and professional backroom staff and coaches 

I believe  the Chairman identified  we previously  where total lacking in these areas as a professional bussiness.

It was previously  just jobs for the boys no experience  required.

These appointments will cost money but I think we will reap rewards in the long run

Welcome to the famous  Aberdeen 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, slippers said:

Had really hoped he would be foreign so we could tap into his wealth of experience in areas we weren't familiar. Cant say much at all about him as know very little. 

Just having a look at Burnley's transfer record previous 3-4 years and almost every player has been signed from a English team. 

I think I was hoping for someone a bit more left field as well to help us in those markets but tbf, according to the article on the club website, he does have some expertise in the European market. 

He's also a pretty solid candidate when you read his background. Can't really complain at the pedigree. 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2021 at 4:28 PM, slippers said:

H was in a relatively minor role at Burnley and one would have to suspect he wouldn't have had a major input into the actual signings they made. I believe he was amongst the team of analysts who reported to Ian Butterworth who was senior scout, he in turn reported to Martin Hodge the head of recruitment, who in turn reported to Mike Rigg the technical Director and they recently brought in a new recruitment analyst consultant too.

So I don't think the fact that all the Burnley signings have all come from England would mean that he didn't look at other foreign markets and put forward potential signings but he maybe just didn't have much influence on who was actually signed or not.

It looks like it is quite a step up for him so hopefully he rises to the challenge and can prove his worth going forward.

On 7/27/2021 at 4:28 PM, slippers said:

nuff johnny foreigners stealin AR jobs for AR ppl

LAWLKULL JOBS FUH LAWLKULL PEOPLE

#BREXIT

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

You want to hear more about our signing targets and strategy 2 months ahead of the window opening?

I don't want to hear from him at all. I just want him to do his job. And we'll know from the quality of players that come in from now on whether he's doing that or not. 

I've heard enough from the folks behind the scenes. Whether it's Cormack and Gunn going on about the philosophy or poor Rob Wicks having to put lipstick on the pig talking about painting the red shed or getting new tills in the kiosk. It's all shite. 

All that matters now is winning football matches and improving the players that come into the club.  That's what they'll be judged on. 

• Upvote 3
53 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't want to hear from him at all. I just want him to do his job. And we'll know from the quality of players that come in from now on whether he's doing that or not. 

I've heard enough from the folks behind the scenes. Whether it's Cormack and Gunn going on about the philosophy or poor Rob Wicks having to put lipstick on the pig talking about painting the red shed or getting new tills in the kiosk. It's all shite. 

All that matters now is winning football matches and improving the players that come into the club.  That's what they'll be judged on. 

Agreed but it is weird that our new all singing and dancing RedTV haven’t done an interview with him, when they do it with almost everyone else; Stuart Duff for example.

Never saw Russ Richardson interviewed either, to be fair

• Upvote 1