Possible Tactic Changes

The main criticism of 442 in the modern game seems to be that a 5 man opposition midfield will over-run you.

Well, that's fucking happening anyway, so why not resort to a 'we'll score more goals than you' mentality.

All the best AFC teams I've seen over the years played 2 up front. I'm aware the game has changed since then, but if we did this I'm pretty sure we'd be one of the only teams in the league to do it. If nothing else, it could catch a few teams on the hop for a few months. I doubt many teams drill their defenders to play against a front two these days.

McInnes & various tactical plans in same thread lol

McInnes is Alex Miller but articulate

Our best tactical change certainly involves him in the equation but not in the way this thread was meant.

Now THAT(MT™) is harsh! Alex Miller sold off a very good striker and signed a gash English midfielder..........no comparison there at all between ex-Huns.......

The main criticism of 442 in the modern game seems to be that a 5 man opposition midfield will over-run you.

One way to counter that is to have better players.

Sounds facetious, but when your midfield is shite it doesn't matter how many you play there, fewer, but better, players will win the battle.

So, worrying about quality needs to come before quantity.

One way to counter that is to have better players.

Sounds facetious, but when your midfield is shite it doesn't matter how many you play there, fewer, but better, players will win the battle.

So, worrying about quality needs to come before quantity.

Since McLean left we've been bypassing the midfield anyway, it normally starts with the ball at left back, over to centre back, over to right back, back over to left back via centre back then a 50 yard diagonal hoof to our scapegoat striker who is at least 20 yards from everyone else and surrounded by at least 3 defenders.