Aberdeen V Real Sociedad (2 - 3) (Agg 2 - 5)

The more I see Jack this season the more I like him and think he'll end up at an EPL side, could easily get £5million for him.

I actually agree with you. Every team needs your Jack/Food type players & in a few years Jack will be far better than Flood because he's already stronger & faster.

Thon pikey lads from Hamilton that went to the Premiership & have done well were certainly no better than Jack is now & they stood out because they were amongst shite players at Hamilton.

£5mil for Jack in a few years is realistic & very much SHOULD be realistic from an Aberdeen point of view

I actually agree with you. Every team needs your Jack/Food type players & in a few years Jack will be far better than Flood because he's already stronger & faster.

Thon pikey lads from Hamilton that went to the Premiership & have done well were certainly no better than Jack is now & they stood out because they were amongst shite players at Hamilton.

£5mil for Jack in a few years is realistic & very much SHOULD be realistic from an Aberdeen point of view

I'd take £3M, but otherwise agree.

I didn't see that much of McCarthy or McArthur but I didn't see them stand out in games against quality opposition as Jack has done on several occasions this season alone.

After the match I said to the folk i was there with 'you probably won't see a better game at Pittodrie this season'. Thought Aberdeen were a totally different side to the one in Donostia, really enjoyed the match. 5 Goals, some quality football, a couple of Ex Real Madrid players, a classy player in Xabi Prieto (No.10), was glad DM dropped Rooney- showed some strong management, played with conviction, fuck me even McGinn put in a busy shift. Great night, good atmosphere, even more so when they were a bit rattled at 2-1 and started hoofing it clear.

Re: Ryan Jack he is one of those players you need to see in the flesh at a game to see all he does. 5 Minute highlight packages will show basically none of him doing the essential job he does - starting play from deep midfield instead of doing the usual old Scottish football trope of getting the 'keeper to lump it up the park straight to the opposition.

Still think he needs to up his work-rate and start taking more control, but then again he knows he has to hang back every time he passes it to Willo Flood as he usually miss kicks it to the other team and Jack has to cover.

Flood's passing was absolutely appalling against RS. all this 'his work rate is great',' he runs hard for the team' just covers up the fact he is a crap player chasing after his own mistakes most of the time.

After the match I said to the folk i was there with 'you probably won't see a better game at Pittodrie this season'. Thought Aberdeen were a totally different side to the one in Donostia, really enjoyed the match. 5 Goals, some quality football, a couple of Ex Real Madrid players, a classy player in Xabi Prieto (No.10), was glad DM dropped Rooney- showed some strong management, played with conviction, fuck me even McGinn put in a busy shift. Great night, good atmosphere, even more so when they were a bit rattled at 2-1 and started hoofing it clear.

Re: Ryan Jack he is one of those players you need to see in the flesh at a game to see all he does. 5 Minute highlight packages will show basically none of him doing the essential job he does - starting play from deep midfield instead of doing the usual old Scottish football trope of getting the 'keeper to lump it up the park straight to the opposition.

Still think he needs to up his work-rate and start taking more control, but then again he knows he has to hang back every time he passes it to Willo Flood as he usually miss kicks it to the other team and Jack has to cover.

Flood's passing was absolutely appalling against RS. all this 'his work rate is great',' he runs hard for the team' just covers up the fact he is a crap player chasing after his own mistakes most of the time.

Pawlett gave the ball away a lot more than flood and considering he played a nearly an hour over the 2 legs less than flood.

I was with you until the last paragraph which is quite frankly drivel.

1. He is not a "crap" player. Far from it, he was united's player of the season just prior to leaving and has improved us greatly since joining. His tackling and work rate are immense. His passing is not. Until the former no longer outweighs the latter then he is a valuable player.

2. If he was chasing after his own mistakes "most of the time" he simply wouldn't be in any team never mind ours.

IMO he complements Jack very well and ensures we have a strong balanced midfield.

So if Flood, for example, makes 100 passes in a game with 90% completion you think he must be the best passer in the team, but what if he gives the ball straight to the opposition with the 10% missed passes in dangerous areas - which he does quite often- and we lose 10 - 0 is he still the best passer of the ball in the team that game????

Thank you for bringing yourself to my attention so in the future I can make your points on football null and void. You've been a great help to yourself.

And thanks for letting me know that anything i might think or suggest about football is null and void before it has left my brain. That is one of the most embarrassing sentences I've read. You kind of shoot yourself in the foot by saying i know nothing if you think Flood is a better passer than say, Robson. And if he is an 'excellent' player why is he not still playing for Celtic, Middlesboro or an EPL team. Commentator on Sunday's match said his passing was poor against Dun Utd and "some of his passing was woeful against Sociadad on Thursday"

Funny that you raised this point.

Sounds like Ryan Jack passing a ball forward last season...

Admittedly seems a different player this one like and has learned to pass it forward with accuracy.

I have no problem with players giving ball away when they trying a killer pass or something a bit different it's the sloppy ones that need cut out, Flood is bad for it.
  • 3 weeks later...