Aberdeen V Real Sociedad (2 - 3) (Agg 2 - 5)

I was down your way Sunday afternoon picking some strawbs at the farm.

It was a nice day.

I'll be down again Sunday morning to SeaFest in Arbroath this time however. I'm going to buy a lobster for a bbq.

Indeed it was a lovely day. Get a fine strawberry that way.

Arbroath is a shithole full of smokey bastards. If you'd been there instead on Sunday you could have nipped up to see my fitba team get torn apart by the worst team I've ever been beaten by. :suicide:

In. Section X.

Can't see us turning it around but can see us winning on the night. 2-1.

COYR. :scarf:

Wonder foo muckle dough we got for that then???

Oh!

>>>

The Club is delighted to confirm it has reached a non-commercial agreement with BT Sport, enabling them to broadcast the home leg of our Third Round Europa League match against Real Sociedad on Thursday evening throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland

Aberdeen FC Chief Executive, Duncan Fraser. "When it was obvious the game was going to be a sell-out in the home ends at Pittodrie, BT approached us regarding broadcasting the game and given there will be many Aberdeen supporters around the world unable to attend this is a great opportunity for them not to miss a minute of the action."

Simon Green, head of BT Sport, said: "BT Sport is delighted to be commencing its new season of UEFA Europa League football coverage with exclusive coverage of the Dons' match qualifier against Real Sociedad. At BT Sport we thoroughly enjoyed bringing fans a number of Aberdeen's games over the past year from the SPFL and we look forward to an exciting game from Pittodrie."

BT Sport will broadcast in on BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 1 HD on air from 7.30pm with subscribers to RedTV International also able to watch the match live.

The match at Pittodrie will kick off at 7.45pm on Thursday evening.

How on earth would you let someone broadcast a game and not charge them for it?

Edit: I see they've now removed the word "non-commercial" from the wesbite :whistling:

Should have said. just wait a wee min Mr Bt sports min. We're just going to approach some other broadcasters & see if they are willing to offer us a few grand & if so we'll let the highest bidder screen it.

Rather than just saying Ok Mr Bt sports min. You can take complete advantage of us & screen a top La Liga team against a top Spfl team in Europa cup for fk all. Thanks for that.

How on earth would you let someone broadcast a game and not charge them for it?

Edit: I see they've now removed the word "non-commercial" from the wesbite :whistling:

Fucking ridiculous considering they/Sky pay as much for one EPL game as they do for most of a Scottish season.

Or something like that.

There's definitely some ludicrous stat like that gan aboot.

"When it was obvious the game was going to be a sell-out in the home ends at Pittodrie, BT approached us regarding broadcasting the game and given there will be many Aberdeen supporters around the world unable to attend this is a great opportunity for them not to miss a minute of the action."

I may be wrong (it happens) but this implies to me that they waited until we were no longer worried about losing out on gate money & they offered to screen it knowing they could boost their viewers numbers & that we'd likely nae be too fussed cos we'd get a free screening for Redtv out of it.

I don't think they've offered us anything.

Criminal if they haven't & we've accepted. Especially given it's two top flight league teams in Europa & one of them is from one of the best leagues in the world.

Better to have it screened and get no cash for it than to not have it screened and still get no cash for it, no?

With the game now being broadcast that means RedTV international customers will be able to watch (perhaps some new subscribers because of that?).

"Non-commercial" might also mean it's a one-off and not a recurring payment/agreement?

Better to have it screened and get no cash for it than to not have it screened and still get no cash for it, no?

With the game now being broadcast that means RedTV international customers will be able to watch (perhaps some new subscribers because of that?).

"Non-commercial" might also mean it's a one-off and not a recurring payment/agreement?

Thankfully you're not the one dealing with selling our club to the public for profits then.

Give them an inch & all that.

Scottish football is being robbed by television companies as it is, so we should NEVER whoore ourselves for free. Regardless of of however (minimal) many Redtv subscribers it pleases.

• Upvote 1

BT Sports will most certainly be selling the viewing rights to RS fans in Spain (whichever TV company will pay) so why should BT make profit from screening the game when we don't?

This is all speculative though remember because for all we know a fee HAS been agreed but it sounds like it's a freebie & we've sooked up to them.

Hopefully we are scoring financially out of it because I'm damn sure BT Sports will be

I think it was Canal+ that screened it in Spain last week so chances are they will be doing same for them this week.

Whether they strike a deal with BT or approach us directly we'll see.

BT have only agreed rights to screen it in UK & NI I think, so if they try to punt it on for profit without our consent, I'm pretty sure we could do them for it.

Reckon another deal is likely & we will get something from it via the Spanish viewers

Only thing that bothers me is if the club is getting fk all for it but BT are scoring through it.

Scottish football is struggling as is, so if we are selling out for free then we deserve shite sponsorship as a whole.

We should be fighting our own corner.

No way this game is not being screened over in Spain & we'd better be getting a good percentage of those screening costs.

Only thing that bothers me is if the club is getting fk all for it but BT are scoring through it.

Scottish football is struggling as is, so if we are selling out for free then we deserve shite sponsorship as a whole.

We should be fighting our own corner.

No way this game is not being screened over in Spain & we'd better be getting a good percentage of those screening costs.

The more television exposure we get, the better the exposure for our sponsors and the more that sponsorship is worth in future.

I'm willing to bet BT wouldn't have offered that much once the cost of screening was factored in

The more television exposure we get, the better the exposure for our sponsors and the more that sponsorship is worth in future.

I'm willing to bet BT wouldn't have offered that much once the cost of screening was factored in

No offence man but that is total horseshit. So by selling our asses for free we are playing the long game? Once you are reduced to selling your product for nothing then you have nothing worth selling.

• Upvote 3

No offence man but that is total horseshit. So by selling our asses for free we are playing the long game? Once you are reduced to selling your product for nothing then you have nothing worth selling.

Spoken like a true EPL fan.

Fuck the money - this is about letting kids see the Dons and beginning the same sort of love affair that's lasted most of us 30+ years