Aberdeen V Kf Shkendija (0 - 0) (Agg 1 - 1)

Sheeptastic on the money with the team. Only question being whether McLean gets nod ahead of Pawlett.

Quinn and Considine (LB) will play regardless of how many folk leave them out of their selections on here

Depends on how Derek sees it Quinn is a predominantly Right sided defender so it would make also sense to put considine in there and not Quinn with shinnie to left back

there are a number of midfield options inc pawlett, smith robson goodwillie mclean and flood and shinnie all make sense depending on how we want to play

Depends on how Derek sees it Quinn is a predominantly Right sided defender so it would make also sense to put considine in there and not Quinn with shinnie to left back

there are a number of midfield options inc pawlett, smith robson goodwillie mclean and flood and shinnie all make sense depending on how we want to play

Shinnie is too good to for full back. Definite centre midfielder.

Considine left centre back and Shinnie left back for me. Amazing that we actually sign a out and out left back for the first time in many years yet some want him to play centre mid. Would actually allow us to be more attacking with Logan and Shinnie going forward at will.

Considine left centre back and Shinnie left back for me. Amazing that we actually sign a out and out left back for the first time in many years yet some want him to play centre mid. Would actually allow us to be more attacking with Logan and Shinnie going forward at will.

He played alot for Inverness there, their success speaks volumes. Considine is more than capable of playing LB, he was one of our best players last season. Dont see any need in pulling Shinnie back for no reason.

Shinnie played a few games at Inverness in midfield the vast majority he played at full back. I have never said he can't play midfield or that Considine didn't have a great season at left back either as everyone knows that. Moving Considine to left centre back and Shinnie at left back means you have them both playing their natural positions and allows Shinnie to work in tandem with Hayes.

Seems daft to hold someone with that amount of talent back. As per Thursdays night game where he was the best player on the park by some distance. Surely more effective to let him control the game in centre mid. One thing is for certain, without him there we would certainly notice a huge gap.

He played alot for Inverness there, their success speaks volumes. Considine is more than capable of playing LB, he was one of our best players last season. Dont see any need in pulling Shinnie back for no reason.

Surely the reason is because we have lost Reynolds?

when I look at the defensive options I See

Right Back - Logan and Quinn

Right Side of central defence Taylor and Quinn

Left Side of central defence Reynolds and considine

Left back considine and Shinnie

Either Quinn or considine could replace Reynolds but to me the balance looks better with considine

Surely the reason is because we have lost Reynolds?

when I look at the defensive options I See

Right Back - Logan and Quinn

Right Side of central defence Taylor and Quinn

Left Side of central defence Reynolds and considine

Left back considine and Shinnie

Either Quinn or considine could replace Reynolds but to me the balance looks better with considine

Happy to give Quinn a chance. As far as I can tell, this is exactly what he was signed for.

Don't get me wrong I'd be happy to see Quinn in for Reynolds but considine is a left sided defender Quinn a right,

We have taken 3 loanees in defence in recent seasons all for the right side of defence, 1 has been signed (logan) to take in a right sided defender in Quinn makes good sense

when Reynolds was injured my first thought was robson on, considine centre, shinnie left back. Now Im not suggesting robson for this game its a different game but that was my thought process

Thing is I reckon if you put Quinn in then you play mclean in the middle instead of flood, if you move shinnie back then you play flood so in some ways id be happier to see Quinn play!

The problem with playing Considine at CB is that he's shite at it. He's transitioned to being a left back and a very decent one at this level. Shinnie offers a better option alongside Jack than Robson or Flood do, especially if McLean is injured so it makes sense to play him there. I can see DMc moving him there permanently like he did with Jack.

The problem with playing Considine at CB is that he's shite at it. He's transitioned to being a left back and a very decent one at this level. Shinnie offers a better option alongside Jack than Robson or Flood do, especially if McLean is injured so it makes sense to play him there. I can see DMc moving him there permanently like he did with Jack.

This. I didn't actually think he was horrid when he filled in at centre back in Perth last season but most on here did so I'm not sure why so many are voicing for him to be cover for Reynolds.

In all honesty if we are that desperate for a left footed centre half, I'd rather have Shinnie at centre back than Considine. It's not necessary though, Quinn will have played on the left of centre before. It's not rare for a right footed centre back to have to play on the left, it's still the same position.

This. I didn't actually think he was horrid when he filled in at centre back in Perth last season but most on here did so I'm not sure why so many are voicing for him to be cover for Reynolds.

In all honesty if we are that desperate for a left footed centre half, I'd rather have Shinnie at centre back than Considine. It's not necessary though, Quinn will have played on the left of centre before. It's not rare for a right footed centre back to have to play on the left, it's still the same position.

Considine was playing right centre half that game rather than left centre back and everyone knows he doesn't have a left foot. Both Reynolds and Considine were honking that game. Considine has proved he is more than adequate at centre half. Simply don't understand us signing a left back who will improve us as a team but folk want to play him in centre midfield. Just don't follow.

Considine was playing right centre half that game rather than left centre back and everyone knows he doesn't have a left foot. Both Reynolds and Considine were honking that game. Considine has proved he is more than adequate at centre half. Simply don't understand us signing a left back who will improve us as a team but folk want to play him in centre midfield. Just don't follow.

He will improve us a team in centre mid. He can be much more effective to us in the centre of the park.

Not that hard to follow. McInnes also seems to share the same thought.

Hope we don't go with the considine and Reynolds combination at the back. Just remembering the nightmare that they had together in that semi final loss back in 2012 against hibs

I don't thin we will considering Reynolds is the one out injured.

Holy fuck. More people want Shinnie in midfield than playing our left back at left back?

Jimmy's tactical tombola will have been like Redtube for you lot!

Redtube is pish.

Don't know why people are greeting. We know he was signed as a left back but Consi's doing well there and Shinnie is probably one of our better centre mids so it's beneficial to line up that way against Shkendija.

When it's more beneficial to have Shinnie at left back then I'm sure we'll have him there.

Edit - Isn't it just horrible having versatile players?