Nk Rijeka V Aberdeen (0 - 3)

Was on holiday in Croatia a month ago fantastic place and people,am sure those that travel will have a great time

Not sure the people are that fantastic when it comes to football...

Be a good trip though, cracking atmosphere but tough game.

Ticket details:

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/6432.php#.VZ-Zh_lVhBc

I phoned this morning and they will be operating a facility to collect tickets over there. They will contact you with details next week. Be warned that to book you need Passport numbers, flight numbers and the address of a hotel.

--------

Buzzing for this. Think it's got the making of an ace away day with a stadium at the beach in a scorching climate.

Preferred lineup for me:

lineup.png

Have put Brown in goals but him or Ward are both acceptable. Not really fussed either way.

shinnie left back for me and considine in beside taylor

quinn on bench with probably flood coming in

What's their chucking out time for kids?

Most places are either 8pm or 9pm at a push.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone else taking a kid out to watch it, seeing as it's the school holidays, and where they would go if they do so.

Pretty sure there were still kids in at full time last week. If it's busy doubt it'll be a problem.

I'm often wrong though.

Finally got some info from AFC after phoning the ticket office today. Anybody collecting abroad can pick up their tickets between 10.00-13.00 at the grand hotel bonavia in Rijeka.

If anyone hasn't heard from the club yet I'd phone them first thing tomorrow to confirm that you'll pick up in Croatia. They had me marked down as collecting from todders despite several previous coversations with them stating otherwise.

10 of their team have at least one cap for Croatia and there's a pair that start for Albania (nae bad these days) and another pair that play for Slovenia (nae bad) as well as a Macedonian starter (they are pish, but look at how we fared against a run-of-the-mill Macedonian side last round).

I think we're dealing with a team nearer Sociedad's level than Groningen.

I can see DMC starting Flood and Robson for this. If he starts either, we'll be well beaten. Both, and it'll be 4 or 5.

I'd go:

Ward

Logan Taylor Quinn Considine

Jack Shinnie

McGinn Pawlett Hayes

Rooney

Pretty pish that a guy we spent 250k on (McLean) isn't an automatic pick. I don't think that's a sign of squad depth, more a case of him really not making an impression at all in six months. Shades of Ricky Gillies already.

Will be a really tough game, just hoping we can perform to our best - something I'd argue we haven't done since Hamilton away in February.

Pretty pish that a guy we spent 250k on (McLean) isn't an automatic pick. I don't think that's a sign of squad depth, more a case of him really not making an impression at all in six months.

I'd class him as an automatic pick. Certainly a lot more automatic then Quinn or Pawlett who are in your line up.

I'd play him in a flat middle three with Shinnie & Jack tomorrow, with the rest the same as your line up.

10 of their team have at least one cap for Croatia and there's a pair that start for Albania (nae bad these days) and another pair that play for Slovenia (nae bad) as well as a Macedonian starter (they are pish, but look at how we fared against a run-of-the-mill Macedonian side last round).

I think we're dealing with a team nearer Sociedad's level than Groningen.

I can see DMC starting Flood and Robson for this. If he starts either, we'll be well beaten. Both, and it'll be 4 or 5.

I'd go:

Ward

Logan Taylor Quinn Considine

Jack Shinnie

McGinn Pawlett Hayes

Rooney

Pretty pish that a guy we spent 250k on (McLean) isn't an automatic pick. I don't think that's a sign of squad depth, more a case of him really not making an impression at all in six months. Shades of Ricky Gillies already.

Will be a really tough game, just hoping we can perform to our best - something I'd argue we haven't done since Hamilton away in February.

I don't think they will be. Sociedad weren't on form when we met them but they compete in a much stronger league.

This team will be decent and certainly we are the underdogs but I think many have taken the statistics onboard a bit too much. I think we could easily paint a picture of Aberdeen in the same manner that would make Rijeka think we are better than we are. We had a run of however many wins and clean sheets last season, we pushed Celtic to the split in the title race, Europe League performance etc.

It would be interesting to see what players of theirs have what number of caps. If there are 10 players with a couple caps each, that could just be a sign of the fact that Croatia don't have a settled national team at the moment. That's purely me speculating but that doesn't always reveal the full story.

We have a chance against this lot if we are organised with the correct personnel and put in a strong team performance. I'm looking forward to seeing how we fare.