Aberdeen V Nk Rijeka (2 - 2) (Agg 5 - 2)

Shinnie was never playing left back in Rijeka. Didn't see that at all.

Edit - I've just re-read that formation diagram and it has DG in centre mid, McGinn up top and Quinn in defensive mid. Definitely not right.

Can clearly see Hayes occupying the left wing-back role on the red tv footage and it looked that way at the game. Shinnie was in midfield.

Yon AFC diagram is pants.

Hayes was definatly LWB at the start of the first leg BUT I think the slight change that considine talks about at the water break was to shift Shinnie over to cut out the guy that was their version of Barren Mackie and couldn't hit a coos arse with a Banjo So he was operating just forward of Hayes/considine. Seemed to work as after his first couple of awful misses we hardly saw him again all game

Have there been any humble pie posts since the game from our new Croatian members?

I tried to read their forum but as Ke1t says, Google translate has a hard time with Croatian. I read something about them having Cinderella and a dick in their hand.

As far as I can make out the cunts still think they are going to smash us at Pittodrie. Their media are absolute bastards though and were winding Shay Logan up before the game...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-considine-derek-mcinnes-worked-6091067

FYI according to this link, Croatian channel HRT 2 is showing the game on Thursday:

http://www.livesoccertv.com/channels/hrt-2-croatia/

Whats the odds on being able to get a stream of that?

Saw elsewhere that BT sport had still to announce if they were showing a game on thurday, but according to this link, the only euro game they are showing is the potato fanciers on wednesday:

http://sport.bt.com/sport-football/tv-listings/live-football-on-bt-sport-S11376627423099

Any other possibilities?

• Upvote 1

FYI according to this link, Croatian channel HRT 2 is showing the game on Thursday:

http://www.livesoccertv.com/channels/hrt-2-croatia/

Whats the odds on being able to get a stream of that?

Saw elsewhere that BT sport had still to announce if they were showing a game on thurday, but according to this link, the only euro game they are showing is the potato fanciers on wednesday:

http://sport.bt.com/sport-football/tv-listings/live-football-on-bt-sport-S11376627423099

Any other possibilities?

Red TV I think are showing it.

Confused about the jibberings on last weeks formation. Hayes was clearly at either left wing back or in fact left back.

Same XI for me with a few positional changes for a 4-2-3-1..

I would start with Mclean in place of Pawlette. I believe McLean would keep the ball better and don't think the directness of Pawlette will be required when we are looking to keep it tight in the first period of the game.

There is an argument for Flood or Barry from the start.

I would start with Mclean in place of Pawlette. I believe McLean would keep the ball better and don't think the directness of Pawlette will be required when we are looking to keep it tight in the first period of the game.

There is an argument for Flood or Barry from the start.

Would not be surprised at this at all given that they will be coming thick and fast and Flood is great at chasing people down and harassing them. Nor would I be surprised if Goodwillie started, considering his hold up play and ability to draw fouls. The reason I picked Rooney was for his height and the fact that this lot played high balls into our box for most of the game. McLean obviously the smart choice as well.

McInnes would be fairly stupid to change to a more attacking formation when we're defending a 3-0 lead and the pressure is entirely on the other side to score. Call it anti-football but it's tactically the right thing to do. Anyone expecting us to smash this lot at Pittodrie by another 3 goals is in for a shock, this will be a backs to the wall affair with Rijeka having 70% possession and probably more than double the shots of us.

Would not be surprised at this at all given that they will be coming thick and fast and Flood is great at chasing people down and harassing them. Nor would I be surprised if Goodwillie started, considering his hold up play and ability to draw fouls. The reason I picked Rooney was for his height and the fact that this lot played high balls into our box for most of the game. McLean obviously the smart choice as well.

McInnes would be fairly stupid to change to a more attacking formation when we're defending a 3-0 lead and the pressure is entirely on the other side to score. Call it anti-football but it's tactically the right thing to do. Anyone expecting us to smash this lot at Pittodrie by another 3 goals is in for a shock, this will be a backs to the wall affair with Rijeka having 70% possession and probably more than double the shots of us.

defeatist nonsense.

Aberdeen to absolutely blow them away in the first 20 minutes, grab a goal and kill the tie. They will come back at us, and we'll just hit them on the break.

2-1 Aberdeen.

Yes Flood breaking down their attack and giving their midfield no time on the ball would be my choice. However, as soon as he gets the ball he should be looking to find Jack or players in close proximity with a short and precise pass regardless if it's a negative backward pass. Not a game for wayward passes as they will punish them and gain confidence from any early goals. This is a game where I hope to see backward passing as position will be key for us.

I can't believe folk still think this is some kind of great team The Dons are playing. They are decent at home against opposition from foreign countries - that's about it. They were found out by The Dons last week and exposed. Their possession stats were nothing more than you'd expect in a home European tie. They will huff and puff again in the first 15 to 20 minutes on Thursday, then get picked off. The Dons -1 is the sensible bet.