Aberdeen V Ventspils (3 - 0)

My prediction is this.

Lewis will start and will be one of the main causes of our exit.

A bold prediction...but a valid one I fear...

I've agreed with Redstar on many occasions in the past, especially on the GWB, but I think Lewis will prove to be a good goalkeeper for us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd go with;

Lewis

Logan O'Conner Reynolds Considine

McLean Shinnie

Hayes Storey McGinn

Rooney

Of course McInnes won't drop Jack, probably won't drop Taylor either, which is a pity. I'd have put Flood in midfield instead of Shinnie, but reckon he'll be crocked still.

I think Lewis is getting a bit of unfair stick so far, especially considering the shambles playing in front of him. I also didn't think the Fola Esch goal was one that he should have been expected to save like some people seem to be making out. Was a good hit and past him in a flash.

O'Conner played OK compared to the rest of the team the other night I thought. He covered well in front of the defence anyway, would like to see him given a fair shot this time.

Hopefully McInnes takes last night as a wake up call and prepares the team properly for this game. Otherwise we'll be embarrassing ourselves again

If Maclean is going to be your creative deep player then, for certain and I'd wager most sides, he needs someone more robust beside him than Jack. Whether its Storie, O'Conner, Flood, Shinnie or whoever.

If Maclean is going to be your creative deep player - and at the moment that seems the best shout despite his shiteness over two legs - then I struggle to see a place for Jack.

Lewis

Logan Taylor Considine Shinza

Jack Storie/New

McGinn McLean Hayes

Stockley

or

Lewis

Logan Taylor Considine Shinza

Jack

McGinn Hayes

McLean

Stockley Rooney

I think McInnes is wanting to get Jack forward more this season which makes the 4-4-2 diamond a tad riskier but we should have enough to see these cunts off whatever we play.

On Lewis, he surely did alright?

He was hardly helped out at the goal and although he might feel he could have done better, definitely not one where you can attribute too much blame.

Do remember also, many on here were far from impressed with Ward after the away leg of the first round last year.

We have far more pressing concerns than Joe Lewis, that's for sure.

He was hardly helped out at the goal and although he might feel he could have done better, definitely not one where you can attribute too much blame.

Do remember also, many on here were far from impressed with Ward after the away leg of the first round last year.

Can't blame him for the goal. The boy thundered it past him at some speed. The blame is on the defense trying to play the offside trap and failing miserably almost every time.

I really fear for our chances in this tie. More so than I have in any Europa games under McInnes & that includes even Real Sociedad.

This side are well into their season won the majority of their games & scored in every game & with our shambles in defence we are in big fkn doodoo

You're right in that we were shite against Schkendija as well, but last night was by far the worst performance seen under McInnes and the week before wasn't much better. I think the bed wetting is valid.

Don't see why folk are getting on at Lewis, could do little about the goal, and seemed alright on crosses etc. Had one great save from distance in the 2nd half.

Would hope Rooney would start this one, Stockley has been okay and won a fair few flick-ons, but there was never anyone in behind to take advantage.

Lewis

Logan Taylor Considine Shinnie

Jack O'Connor

McGinn McLean Hayes

Rooney

Don't see why folk are getting on at Lewis, could do little about the goal, and seemed alright on crosses etc. Had one great save from distance in the 2nd half.

Would hope Rooney would start this one, Stockley has been okay and won a fair few flick-ons, but there was never anyone in behind to take advantage.

Lewis

Jack O'Connor

McGinn McLean Hayes

Rooney

Well he could do a little more than he did. He should have had a hand on it at least. Other than the goal he wasn't really tested at all as all the shots were pretty much down his throat (much like the goal).

I will give him the benefit of the doubt & a little more time to see if he's any good. I do think some are judging him a little too early based on a shocking performance from the whole team which only stengthened the fans feelings of nervousness towards the keeper. can only imagine how nervous the fkn team made the keeper himself feel on top of that, considering how nervous they made us feel :laughing:

Lewis

Jack O'Connor

McGinn McLean Hayes

Rooney

Thought if he came off his line to close him down a bit, he'd have stood a better chance. Might have made the striker try to take it wide, which would have been a very difficult angle to score from.

Don't think it's far to make any real judgement on him until we're at least a handful of games into the league season.