Films

Watched 2001 A Space Odyssey in a cinema at the weekend... Fantastic stuff... What classic movies would you want to watch on the big screen ?

Jaws was best on big screen. I'd also go to The Good The Bad and the Ugly if they had it on.

The guy who spoke before the film said the screen height was equal to 6 double decker buses piled on top of each other.

Must admit IMAX is hoora impressive.

Hard to believe Aberdeen still hasn't got one. Well, not really but we should have one.

Whats the point of a huge screen if you need to sit further away to see it all? Just sit closer to a smaller screen. Its all relative.

?? Not really though is it?

By that theory it would be the same as sticking a 16inch screen in front of your face.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Well, it's not dreadful but there is a fair bit of deja vu in it. Good guys trying to do the right thing by the dinosaurs and there's bad guys who want to use them for their own ends. There's the heroes about to be eaten by one of the bad dinos and they get saved by another dino coming along just in time. Dinos get loose and everyone has to run with most of the bad guys getting eaten.

I'm sorry did I just spoil the movie? or did I just tell you what happened in the previous four Jurassic movies? I can already see the plot for the next one but doubt I'll be bothering unless they can come up with something new. Trouble is, I can't think what else you can actually do with a dinosaur movie.

The special effects are still amazing but the plot and script are not so great.

ehm imaxin this oan friday fir the fill experience

n eh'll tell ye sumhin innaw tiktak, the Friday efter ye'll git HERIDITARY. the scary film ye've wanted fir years n mak ye wonder y yev wasted aw that money oan watchin Annabelle sequels n purge unloadet.

Hereditary is on the radar.

Hereditary.

The "Exorcist" for this generation. So goes the blurb. LOL! Is it fuck.

Starts at the wake of granny then slow burns until the first death which should have been the cue to step it up a bit but we got a load more slow burn. Finally it warmed up and admittedly built some tension - for me it was mainly in trying to figure out who the main baddie was going to be. And then came the ending.

Ohh my! You could almost feel the open mouthed disbelief from the other folk watching it. With a decent ending maybe it gets pass marks but with this it barely merits a 2/10.

Never too late pops.

I like reading your stuff on here. Bukowski was fuck all til he was almost 50 and that turned out no bad.

No excuses.

Started that Shape Of Water thing last night but fell asleep after seeing some wee weird woman frigging herself off in the bath.

Watched this French film with the Mrs last weekend and again fell asleep cos I was toiling to keep up with the French language and Portuguese subs. But I enjoyed what I saw. In fact I am gonna finish it now with fucking English subs !! She loved it.

The Intouchables.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1675434/

Good film, one of Connery's best. Best bit is when Dr Niro smashes the guys head in with a baseball bat.

Wis it Hereditary there. Toap fuckin notch. Nae been in wi an audience that silent, buzz in the rim. ye dinna ken wits ganna happen next. Stunner eh an endin innaw thit fits richt in wi wits gan afore (if ye wir piying attention n nae a thicko) richt up dads erdestrasse wi the sounds that'd pit ez sonos tae shime. Wit a stunner.