47 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Regardless of feelings on Church overall. His stats filled the gap 100% in Rooneys injury absence.

Cannot be argued & as such was a successful loan

Aye he did a job il defo agree on that, I thought he had the talent to do more though

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

It will be a breath of fresh air having a new manager this summer. McInnes would have had another summer of re-signing ex players, a couple of spfl bosmans and a couple of loan punts from russ richardson's travels

Not to mention keeping our physio’s busy as fk with a a good few crocks

hope he’s finally managed to finish his dissertation on cruciate injuries before he leaves.

On 2/7/2021 at 10:50 AM, Hoppy said:

Could he do well for us, how long is a piece of string?

we'll hang ourselves if we miss out https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18997500.newport-boss-believes-bigger-clubs-interested-swindons-scott-twine/

love this goal https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12183663/an-absolute-screamer-from-scott-twine

On 2/8/2021 at 6:15 PM, RedRichard said:

Of course he'll sign for us. What's so good about Swindon? 

I think this summer is not the worst one to be behind with our recruitment. There should be plenty bargains to be had this summer as there will be a lot of cuts across football.

It's also exciting to allow the new manager to sign 8 or so new players. It might be nice to have some foreign players in the mix too after 8 years of racism

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I think this summer is not the worst one to be behind with our recruitment. There should be plenty bargains to be had this summer as there will be a lot of cuts across football.

It's also exciting to allow the new manager to sign 8 or so new players. It might be nice to have some foreign players in the mix too after 8 years of racism

We look like missing out on a lot of the domestic pre contract signings that folk wanted though. 

Which means we're at the behest of our scouting system to find 2/3 of a new squad.  Can't see any problems there. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

We look like missing out on a lot of the domestic pre contract signings that folk wanted though. 

Which means we're at the behest of our scouting system to find 2/3 of a new squad.  Can't see any problems there. 

A new manager (and new assistant and new coach and new DOF) might have a few in his own blackbook; there own Wes Burns etc

They also might have their own network to bounce names off etc. 

I wouldnt think Richardson is signing anyone this summer

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hopefully it’s a new manager & new “head of recruitment”.

We are fucked if we’re relying on McInnes & Richardson finding us 10 players to improve us.

It’s been steady regression since the Cup Final 4 years ago.

23 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McInnes and Richardson will pick none of the new players.

Missing out on O'Donnell, Campbell and Findlay is worth it for the above.

If you’re saying McInnes is 100% away in the summer, then I think we’d be best putting him out the door now or very soon to give the new man the post split (minimum) to see what he has & what he needs. 

If (when) we lose to Celtic, & don’t beat Killie at home then 3rd is absolutely gone.

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If you’re saying McInnes is 100% away in the summer, then I think we’d be best putting him out the door now or very soon to give the new man the post split (minimum) to see what he has & what he needs. 

If (when) we lose to Celtic, & don’t beat Killie at home then 3rd is absolutely gone.

Who knows when McInnes will leave but it'll be before season ticket sales announcement. If anyone can be bothered to find the date from last year you can bet we'll delay by a month or more this time

Surely to fuck, we’ll be appointing a DoF before a new head coach anyway, so no reason why a DoF can’t be appointed now, and deals for new players can be agreed as soon as?

McInnes is either gone in the summer or over the next few weeks, and he knows this. If appointing a DoF now makes the remainder of the season “unsettling” for DM and the players, tough shit, 4th looks like it’s where we will end up anyway.

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Surely to fuck, we’ll be appointing a DoF before a new head coach anyway, so no reason why a DoF can’t be appointed now, and deals for new players can be agreed as soon as?

McInnes is either gone in the summer or over the next few weeks, and he knows this. If appointing a DoF now makes the remainder of the season “unsettling” for DM and the players, tough shit, 4th looks like it’s where we will end up anyway.

That's what I would do. 

Appoint the DoF now.  Get the recruitment started for players and the head coach/manager. 

We don't need a new manager in the building to evaluate what is needed.  It's blatantly obvious from the outside. 

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Whats that relevant to? And he's not actually on a free transfer so we shouldnt waste the new managers budget.

A wouldn’t say spending 250k on a player development fee is a waste?, seen as he will easily become a 2million pound player  

no brainer, get him signed up if we still can

19 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

A wouldn’t say spending 250k on a player development fee is a waste?, seen as he will easily become a 2million pound player  

no brainer, get him signed up if we still can

Lets see if you are right. I think the fee will be more like £400k to £500k (which starts to be a material amount i'd rather give to the new manager)

Remember Fergie was like £235k or something and had only been at Hamilton for five mins.

Campbell has been at Well for 10 years

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

How about Shaun Maloney as head coach or does he have too much “Scottish football baggage?”

Just make sure he passes his medical first before we announce that we're bringing him in!

I'm not up to speed with the Belgian set up but you'd expect him to be a decent coach before Martinez is letting him loose with that Belgium squad. 

Whether he would have the mentality to be the main guy remains to be seen.

Certainly clocking up the media time on Scottish football recently to get his face about so might be some legs in it. 

Just now, Tord31 said:

Lets see if you are right. I think the fee will be more like £400k to £500k (which starts to be a material amount i'd rather give to the new manager)

Remember Fergie was like £235k or something and had only been at Hamilton for five mins.

Campbell has been at Well for 10 years

Aye true, a think he will become a right good player, a think the horse has bolted on that one anyway.as someone said millwall have been in for him and we won’t be able to match them

2 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Aye true, a think he will become a right good player, a think the horse has bolted on that one anyway.as someone said millwall have been in for him and we won’t be able to match them

I think we are not a good proposition for him anyway now as we dont even know who the manager will be.

100% we should have been after him in January which was before we (the whole support) realised McInnes had to go.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Just make sure he passes his medical first before we announce that we're bringing him in!

I'm not up to speed with the Belgian set up but you'd expect him to be a decent coach before Martinez is letting him loose with that Belgium squad. 

Whether he would have the mentality to be the main guy remains to be seen.

Certainly clocking up the media time on Scottish football recently to get his face about so might be some legs in it. 

Their relationship obviously goes back to Wigan days, so Martinez must’ve seen something in him back then.

Comes across well in the media (that’s no barometer to his coaching ability I know). 
Is he “too nice”? 

As you say, he’s been on Sportscene & Sky quite a bit as of to raise his profile here.

Who knows, the Tims might have an eye on him for a role at Parkhead next season.