1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Their relationship obviously goes back to Wigan days, so Martinez must’ve seen something in him back then.

Comes across well in the media (that’s no barometer to his coaching ability I know). 
Is he “too nice”? 

As you say, he’s been on Sportscene & Sky quite a bit as of to raise his profile here.

Who knows, the Tims might have an eye on him for a role at Parkhead next season. 

Definitely worth an interview I'd think in any case.  The board should use this time wisely between now and the summer. No need to be rushed into anything. 

Martinez is an attack minded coach himself. Sometimes criticised in the past for being too much so if anything. 

Not without risk (is anyone?) but would be nice to have different types of options to consider rather than the usual Scottish football manager merry-go-round. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I see Declan Gallagher is no longer on a free transfer this summer.

Allan Campbell was never on a 'free' transfer so that just leaves Stuart Findlay of the 'afc chat' identified targets.

Findlay signed for an American team a few days ago https://www.brotherlygame.com/2021/2/25/22301154/philadelphia-union-announce-signing-scottish-international-center-back-stuart-findlay#:~:text=Stuart Findlay to the Philadelphia Union is finally official.&text=The Union paid an undisclosed,-foot-2 or taller.

5 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Can't find anything reporting that. Scott Burns wrote an article 5 days ago that he was going to be leaving on a free.

You could be correct. 

Plenty chat about the clause prior to January window.

Alexander claiming he's triggered the clause in his post match comments

On 2/14/2021 at 3:44 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Their relationship obviously goes back to Wigan days, so Martinez must’ve seen something in him back then.

Comes across well in the media (that’s no barometer to his coaching ability I know). 
Is he “too nice”? 

As you say, he’s been on Sportscene & Sky quite a bit as of to raise his profile here.

Who knows, the Tims might have an eye on him for a role at Parkhead next season. 

I thought it was revealing last night that he let slip he'd been studying Celtic a lot recently, their set pieces etc. 

4 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

+1

Most predictable winger I've ever seen. Run down the left wing cut back onto right and put in terrible ball that doesn't beat first man, repeat.

His classic move is to try and beat a right back on the outside only to end up bumping into the back of the full back as the defender invariably sees it coming a mile away. 

55 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

You beat us to Kennedy. And he's shit. 

We beat you to GMS. And he's shit.

Your club and fans are shit

so is your stadium and honours 

your fans also stink

kennedy is shit

our club is glorious 

enjoy your night

6 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Tynecastle is class

I have also witnessed Hearts win more honours than I have seen Aberdeen unfortunately 

Mon the Jambos

And in the same time we've both been watching Aberdeen we've seen us reach the last 32 of the Europa cup, seen Hearts relegated twice, seen them go into administration as a result of overspending which is how they won the two Scottish cup trophies you mentioned, seen us win a league cup and finished above them several more times.

Tynecastle is a decent atmosphere however our shiny new stadium will be more impressive when its built. We also own our own training facilities which is also considerably better then the ones they rent.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Roberto said:

The mong element (young team) that throw beer about or head butt pictures on the ball or trash the centenary bar before the game ruin Tannadice for me.

Drink in centre and hoof it up the Hilltoon in time for kick off (or taxi it ?).

Tannadice a great away day but prefer Edinburgh or a day out up North (Caley or County)